Live Wire

ss234

bop.
Hi guys. This was one of my favourite teams during the queen metagame, and although it doesn't have any ladder achievement(not that a ladder achievement means anything on the INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT PS ladder), iirc it hasn't lost a match so far outside of ridiculous hax, and has beaten some people who I would class as good. This team is a balanced hail team, that uses Toxic Spikes, SR and hail damage to wear down the opponent for a late game rotom-f sweep. The name is a very good song by AC/DC. I'm retiring it now because queen has left the tier and there's not much that can replace what it did for the team tbh.

Credit to molk and feranfell for making the manly af pictures(molk made the pics while feran made the godly faces) and credit to pkblizzard for helping me build the team you rock man.

Snover @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 72 Atk / 208 SAtk / 228 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Snover brings the hail that is necessary for rotom-f to sweep, and also to wear down pokes very very quickly, so the team really wouldn't function wiithout him. Unfortunately, Snover is a rather terrible pokemon, in that it doesn't hit particularly hard and is very weak defensively. It's also slow. However, Snover is pretty damn good at weakening some of Rotom-f's major obstacles-namely cryogonal, slowking and lanturn. Wood Hammer does more than 50% to all of them, and since slowking, cryogonal and lanturn often like to switch in on snover, I can weaken all of these somewhat, which is very nice. Cryo will be left with 50%, while lanturn won't come out of the ordeal alive. Slowking is forced to switch out, which means something else has to take the wood hammer and following ice shard. Snover can also smash escavalier and durant, although no one competent leaves them in on snover anyway. Blizzard is the main move I'm using most of the time since it is the most powerful, and obviously smacks around grass types and druddigon very hard. Ice Shard finishes off the set, adding another bit of residual damage on top of blizzard and hail damage. Protect seems useful against the likes of medicham but mola and tomb handle them ez, and ice shard helps to weaken rotom-c, sceptile etc. The ev spread is a bit complicated-228 Speed allwos me to outspeed aggron and golurk, which aim for lanturn most of the time, as well as lanturn itself. 72 Att ev's and a lonely nature gets a guaranteed 2HKO on cryo, slowking and lanturn, while the rest is dumped into special attack to power up Blizzard. Lonely is preffered over Naughty because lonely makes lanturn and rotom-c deal less damage to snover, and snover doesn't live any physical hit of relevance anyway so its not really that useful.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Although I'd normally never dream of using defensive nidoqueen, since the special attacker was so much better, this team really needed a solid galv and mane counter as well as an answer to esca and aggron, and defensive queen fit the bill perfectly. Nidoqueen also provides entry hazards in the form of SR and Toxic Spikes. SR is a necessity on every team really, especially on hail since otherwise moltres can straight up rape you. It also helps a ton against entei, emboar and is in general very good at wearing pokemon down over time. Toxic Spikes is much less used than stealth rock, and for good reason since ru was(and still is really)full of grounded poison types. However, toxic spikes are incredibly effective on hail, since with hail and one layer of tspikes damage a poke is taking 18.25% every turn, which is huge. Nidoqueen and qwilfish are also generally very easy to deal with on hail, as queen failed miserably against powerful blizzard's, and qwilfish was much easier to wear down with no leftovers recover. Earth Power is nidoqueen's STAB move, and although it is incredibly weak without LO it still 1HKO's aggron and it can crush most other ground-weak threats. It is also good for weakening escavalier so that it can't check rotom-frost anymore. Blizzard has excellent neutral coverage, hitting pretty much everything for neutral damage at the very least bar opposing rotom-frost(and probably some other things I have forgotten about). The ev spread is just taken out of the OO section of the strategy dex, and there was probably a much better spread out ther only I'm too laxy to find a better one. It makes queen a great answer to galv, aggron, durant and esca p much. If anyone can think of a replacement for nidoqueen I would be very happy to hear it.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Mola is a really excellent poke in ru, and I really don't know why it isn't ru yet ._. It's ridiculously bulky physically, and is capable of walling absol, some druddigon, entei and emboar with ease, the latter two being some of the biggest threats to hail teams in the metagame. Although Mola can be a free switch in for some special attackers, such as sceptile and rotom-c, neither of these like taking a toxic, especially rotom-c as it can't use giga drain to restore its health back. Alomomola is really the backbone of the entire team, as it provides the ever so useful wish support, giving queen, tomb, rotom-f and cryo valuable healing if they are heavily weakened, and checks some of the most dangerous threats in the metagame. The moveset is very standard for alomomola-wish is reliable recovery, and replenishes the whole team's health, Protect wracks up hail and potential toxic damage and scouts the likes of rotom-c for volt switch / leaf storm, waterfall is the main STAB hitting emboar / entei for good damage, while toxic stops things such as rotom-c coming in on it for free, as well as stopping most things from setting up on mola nicely. The ev's max out physical bulk, which mola needs to take on druddigon and absol. Overall mola is an extremely good poke in ru and should not be nu at all.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Defensive spiritomb is an excellent pokemon in the current metagame, capable of stopping mecicham, hitmonlee, htimonchan and especially gallade with ease. It also spin-blocks the tspikes and sr set-up by nidoqueen, and seeing how spiritomb stops cryo as well as hitmonchan and sandslash with ease this is very useful. idr what the ev spread does exactly, but it gives tomb great physical bulk allowing it to tank a head smash from aggron and burn it, and a little bit more special defense allowing it to tank a LO sceptile Leaf storm after sr which is nice. Resttalk is the only recovery tomb has, and is necessary to beat gallade throughout a match. Foul Play is a cool option for tomb, hitting emboar and entei for p good damage, as well as kabutops which is good. WoW finishes off the set, adding another layer of residual damage to the likes of ferroseed and steelix which are immune to toxic. It also stops most physical attackers from being a nuisance to rotom-f, such as absol.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 68 SDef / 24 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Haze

Cryogonal makes up the final part of my defensive core, and does an excellent job of checking rotom-f, glaceon, rotom-c, lilligant etc. and also spins away entry hazards. Without cryo, I would have a much harder time against teams with heavy entry hazards, as well as opposing hail and some grass types. Cryo is also the team's main nidoqueen counter. The evs are very standard for defensive cryogonal. 248 HP and 168 Def allow it to live a CB tomb pursuit, 24 spd allowed it to outspeed nidoqueen(although that's not necessary anymore), and the rest is put into special defence to help against manectric and lilligant etc. The moveset is also p standard. Rapid Spin gets rid of entry hazards which plague hail teams, Blizzard is the main STAB and hits surprisingly hard, recover because cryo needs reliable recovery outside of wish if it wants a chance against countering anything its supposed to and haze makes cryo an excellent lilli counter, and stops stat boosters in general.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Rotom-frost is the star of the team, and with hail, tspikes and sr it becomes incredibly easy to sweep with it. Rotom is also my main check to moltres, as well as other troublesome pokes such as magmortar, swellow and sceptile. It can also trick a scarf onto munchlax and clefable, which otherwise would be quite difficult to break through(impossible actually). The ev's max out special attack and speed, which is necessary to check anything of relevance really. The moveset again is pretty standard-volt switch gets momentum against pokes that rotom forces out and helps a lot against smeargle, blizzard hits ridiculously hard and smashes through sandslash, rhydon, golurk etc. and is generally the move I'm spamming most late-game as its more powerful than tbolt. Tbolt is a nice STAB to have against weakened escavalier / durant as well as hitting p much everything that resists blizzard for at least neutral damage bar lanturn / piloswine which are very easy to wear down with hail and tspikes. Finally, trick cripples munchlax and clefable as well as other walls such as lanturn and slowking and eases prediction against slower teams.

So that's the team. I hope you enjoyed reading it and also use hail more because its such a broken powerful playstyle atm. Also if anyone can think of a replacement for nidoqueen I would be very happy to hear it.

(free houndoom)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)