Level: 5
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

LO Wingull, with his powerful STAB Flying, his amazing coverage and his decent spatk, can really be a good late game sweeper in a lot of teams. He is made to be played in rain, idk if it will be. But for me, he is interesting with a good support and hazard control.

Last edited:
alt: wunder vogel
pokemon: wingull

Wingull @ Life Orb
Ability: Rain Dish
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Alt: Raingull
Pokemon: Wingull and Voltorb

Voltorb @ Damp Rock
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Volt Switch

Wingull @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 11 HP
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Bronze Medal !

Alt: Wings Dekonian
Pokémon:

Wingull @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-07-1424007212-capture-d-ecran-25.png

Now, I will give my opinion on Wingull.
And really, I want to say that now, I just love this mon.
He needs a lot of support to work, but Hurricane + Scald + LO kills just a significant portion of the metagame.
Wingull is probably one of only special birds in the tier with NP Vullaby. I often used it in lead, because he kills Dril with Scald, Foo and Timburr with Hurricane (Timburr can survive however with a BU spread). U-Turn is just a must have in Wingull, because he has a fantastic synergy with Diglett, and Wingul is a perfect lure for Chinchou, who risks to be trapped after a U-Turn. He has no sure switch-ins, even if Porygon/Munchlax and some others can take hits easily.
He can be played with Diglett, like a DigFletch. Obv, gothita is too a good support for him, but Goth is mostly used in order to trap Archen, and Wingull don't give a fuck about him. 19 spd is also great, allowing him to outspeed really a lot of things (Archen, Foo, Gastly, Dril, and more).
His typing is also great, I explain : Often he came on a DP, a Mach Punch, a Vacuum Wave (DP does like 40%) in order to keep to momentum, and his resistance fighting is perfect for this. It forces the switch and I can scout the switch-in and keep the initiative.

Now his failings :

He is really frail, it's very difficult to switch with him. His ground immunity is often the only way, with his resist fight. I would have wish too that his spe atk was better. 55 isn't very good, and I miss a lot of OHKO's due to that. With 10 bs more, he would have been great. That's not badly. His stealth rocks weakness is also terrible, LO + SR just cripples him. His staying power is really, really awful. The last problem is that it's quite difficult to play with him rain less (Like me) due to the accuracy of Hurricane, who just make me lose a lot of time.

However, it's a great mon, and a very decent D Rank. A lot of teams are disoriented by him, because flying counters are usually Archen (who is beaten) and Chinchou (Who can be trapped) and he can deal with a lot of good teams.

My opinion is made : Viable mon for good.

I will edit if I win another medal.

By the way, here is the export if you want to test, enjoy :

http://pastebin.com/8CxvKWPk

Edit : Silver Medal ! 1453 elo

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-07-1424010073-capture-d-ecran-28.png

I stop with this account c: .

Let's test another thing :

Alt: Deadball for Kill
Pokémon:

Voltorb @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sucker Punch

With his high speed, Voltorb can use Choice Specs in order to offset his atk spe who is quite weak. The coverage of the set isn't very good due to the lack of good special moves. I chase Sucker Punch with Hasty nature instead of Signal Beam, because I find that Signal Beam in a electric type sucks and because a priority is always useful.

Let's test !

Last edited:
I've not been able to get very high on the ladder with Wingull and Voltorb, as I haven't been laddering a lot and even when I do Wingull and Voltorb are just hard to win with. Since Wingull's Air Slash can't even kill Mienfoo, a rain team to support Hurricane was the best option imo, and this let me use Voltorb to help it. Voltorb is an effective rain setter because of taunt, high speed, and volt switch, but it is always bait for ground types and Chinchou because of how it can not afford the moveslots to run HP Grass. (although idr the last time i clicked thunder) It sets rain but usually just does that and dies in the presence of a ground type. Wingull, on the other hand, hits really hard but also is incredibly difficult to support. My team literally had 4 rain setters (Foo, Foong, Chou, Orb) and I still had issues getting Wingull in the rain safely, as it is extremely frail. It hits really hard under the rain and packing a Life Orb, but it's essentially kill or be killed because anything that can tank a hit will kill Wingull back. And with only 15 SpAtk, you're only killing frailer mons if you can only hit them neutrally. The power it packs along with its great speed tier made it a really fun mon to use on my team, but it takes too much support to ever work on a serious team.

Ok updated the OP with your peak Svalkenaeres, thanks for participating in this project and thank you too Omastar42 for posting your thoughts too, the rest smells.

Anyways this time the mons in the spotlight are these spinners:
Baltoy

Kabuto

Anorith

Alt: Baltoying Around
Set:
Baltoy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpA / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Count me in, might as well polish some turds.

Will edit in important crap later.

Alt: Captain Qwilfish
Set:
Baltoy @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion

Last edited:
Alt: Kabuto and Aeres
Set :

Kabuto @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

#Hipster

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alt: finche la barca va
Set:
Kabuto (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Kabuto is an interesting Pokemon in the current Metagame. It can be a good tank thanks to its decent bulk, the Eviolite boost, and its typing which is good to check Flying-Types. It can also be used as a rain sweeper, but it's not so common due to the lack of good Rain setter in the tier.

Last edited:
So I repost my feelings.
I did not made any peak with Kabuto (Not with the account, but with my main and some others accounts like Sval rules LC).
I did not tested special kabuto a lot because I was joking. However I tested Rain Dance Kabuto, and really, I did not liked this.
Kabuto is, badly, too weak for me. He has just too many checks, and even counters to be really effective as sweeper. Timburr for exemple.
Kabuto is not a bad mon, this is a good spinner, but I think he is outclassed in several ways by others spinners/rain sweepers.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Kabuto, and I used it with success only once with a unranked team (When it was unranked in XY metagame).
I wont post the peak because this is too old (June 2014) and to difficult to verify it. However for me, Kabuto is a lot better in a support task than in a offensive task.

I did not have success with Baltoy (Bad typing, bad offensive presence, outclassed) and with Anorith, even if I used it sometimes decently.
So, the success was not here, I hope 3 news interesting mons, but I think that the Dark Horse juste ruined the project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)