Linked

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
- Power-up Punch
- Giga Impact

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 55-66 (15.9 - 19.1%) -- possible 6HKO +
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Mega Aggron: 152-179 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO =
60%-71%

oh wait did I mention Nasty Plot + Hyper Beam Porygon Z?

+2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 298-351 (81.8 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

pretty much a free kill if you are not going up against a not very effective tank or ghosts
Setup already terrorizes pretty much every team. Shit like Truant/Hyper Beam/Giga Impact is just asking to get counter-swept.

Okay how about copycat? Yes it only allows you to have pretty much 3 moves but it gives you a powered up version of Parental Bond. never mind the whole meta Is a powered up version of Parental Bond.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but you should only be able to have one mon in your team with fake out-u-turn/volt-switch as its linked moves. If the opponent doesn't have a ghost or priority, he would probably be flinched into oblivion.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but you should only be able to have one mon in your team with fake out-u-turn/volt-switch as its linked moves. If the opponent doesn't have a ghost or priority, he would probably be flinched into oblivion.
Fake Out in this situation is priority +0, as explained in the OP. So you have to outspeed for this to work.

Okay how about copycat? Yes it only allows you to have pretty much 3 moves but it gives you a powered up version of Parental Bond. never mind the whole meta Is a powered up version of Parental Bond.
Sword Dance into Copy Cat means +4 stages for atack in one turn.
Also - Copy Cat can copy last used move by oponent, when land first.

What about Haze + Overheat Chandelure? He can reset all stats before Overheat land (so - no boost from oponent).
Also - Haze give oportunity for Overheat to being spamable move.
Really good combination for Scarf set.

What about Haze + Overheat Chandelure? He can reset all stats before Overheat land (so - no boost from oponent).
Also - Haze give oportunity for Overheat to being spamable move.
Really good combination for Scarf set.
Ninetails has a similar, but more effective set. It uses Nasty Plot + Overheat to deal massive damage and negate the regular Spa drop that Overheat brings. Considering that Ninetails is faster and stronger than Chandy after the NS, and can also provide sun support, it outclasses him in almost all cases.

I don't know how common Calm Mind users are in Linked, but the Haze set would be more effect against them, as Chandelure could come in even if they'd boosted up to +6 and not have to worry. Otherwise, Nasty Plot + Overheat Ninetales is probably better.

Speaking of stat shenanigans, I used to use Scarf Gengar with Psych Up + Shadow Ball in early Linked. Dealt with Manaphy and other special attackers that setup. Don't know how effective it would be in today's metagame.
Scarf Gengar into full boosted in sp. atack Manaphy with that combination of moves definitly destroy oponent Set up...
But also means you can't use this setup against any other pokemon, because you will reset boost after next Psych Up. Just because next pokemon did't have boost (maybe expect Download pokemon, but in other case this Psych up remove all boost).
Still better this set than nothing against full boost Manaphy...
But against this pokemon Unaware Clefable can stop this monster (Quagsire didn't want to be hited by that Energy Ball). Scarf Electric/Grass move also is usefull.

More about Copycat (maybe this are mentioned before):
Chansey can use Copycat...
So...
Soft-Boiled + Copycat...
Means Rest wihout sleeping and losing turns (but Natural Cure can go to sleep anyway, so...).
Nightmare of all Sweapers, who really need destroy that wall.
Nobody can now help expect Knock Off+ (STAB) Fighting move - Other combination are weak against his thing especialy on special side. (F.E.A.R. pokemon? are weak in pseudo Parential Bond meta).

As of right now, Copycat does not work as the second move in a link. I tested it here. I do not know whether this is intentional or not, but as of now, this is how it is coded.
You could checked other moves? Sword Dance Lucario for example?
I feel this is intetional, because normaly you can copy youre last move (when last used move is last in previous turn (for example you use prankster Copycat, and in previous turn atacking move).
Just in case you could check Sword Dance. :)

As of right now, Copycat does not work as the second move in a link. I tested it here. I do not know whether this is intentional or not, but as of now, this is how it is coded.
I thought I remembered this same thing happening when I tested it a long time ago. I'm not positive as to how the code works, but I'd imagine this is what's happening. First, the two moves are linked together and count as one single move, acting on the same turn. Copycat does not look at the partial move that was just completed before it because it's looking for a full move to copy. However, Copycat, Assist, etc are hardcoded to not call full moves if they are linked together. This means that no matter how many times you use the combination of move+Copycat, Copycat will fail to call anything.

Hack_Guy Slayer95 How do you want to proceed?

I thought I remembered this same thing happening when I tested it a long time ago. I'm not positive as to how the code works, but I'd imagine this is what's happening. First, the two moves are linked together and count as one single move, acting on the same turn. Copycat does not look at the partial move that was just completed before it because it's looking for a full move to copy. However, Copycat, Assist, etc are hardcoded to not call full moves if they are linked together. This means that no matter how many times you use the combination of move+Copycat, Copycat will fail to call anything.

Hack_Guy Slayer95 How do you want to proceed?
Since the link is just using two moves together, then it should copy the first move used (if in a link as the second move), and as the first move it should copy the last move used in battle. And in a similar vein, if used after a link it should copy the last move used in the link. Since fusion bolt/flare work by this same principle (that the link is just using two moves one after the other), then I don't see why it shouldn't work the same for copycat

Would it be possible to return to the potential of a Talonflame suspect? Seeing as this is now eligble and received a lot votes.

Didn't it have close to 60% usage or something crazy like that. And Heatran/Tyranitar quickly following behind. I've said all that's to said. Aerial Ace + Brave bird, Brave bird + Roost. Even if it's not broken as it has counters, it made the metagame quiet boring and stale, seeing as it was all fat bulky rocky Helmet rock types + Talonflame.

I think that we should wait a little bit before a suspect. Mainly due to the fact that it last had a ladder on main over nine months ago. I'm okay with bringing up suspect discussion again, even though I still don't believe that Talon is ban worthy, but I just think that we should wait on a suspect or a ban until the metagame has had a little bit more time on the main server.

Note that Bolt strike + FF Tini is almost strictly better than FB + FF, as it outdamages even V-Turn.
Not necessarily, fusion flare only gains double power when the first move hits, and since bolt strike has only 85% accuracy it's quite unreliable, you'll find fusion bolt is almost always the superior option. Besides since you'll likely be invested in SpA, the BP increase of bolt strike is fairly negligible (unless you run some weird set with fully invested Atk & SpA, but it's bad so dont do it)

Not necessarily, fusion flare only gains double power when the first move hits, and since bolt strike has only 85% accuracy it's quite unreliable, you'll find fusion bolt is almost always the superior option. Besides since you'll likely be invested in SpA, the BP increase of bolt strike is fairly negligible (unless you run some weird set with fully invested Atk & SpA, but it's bad so dont do it)
That, and Bolt Strike + Fusion Flare isn't a legal combination on Victini so you couldn't run it even if you wanted to.

also, to be fair on the accuracy point, Victory Star boosts Bolt Strike's accuracy to 93.5% so it's not as unreliable as you're making it out to be here

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Note that Bolt strike + FF Tini is almost strictly better than FB + FF, as it outdamages even V-Turn.
Fusion Flare doesn't double in power after any old move--you HAVE to use Fusion Bolt first to double the power of Fusion Flare. Fusion Bolt + Fusion Flare is better then Bolt Strike + Fusion Flare in pretty much every possible situation except for Flash Fire mons.

Fusion Flare doesn't double in power after any old move--you HAVE to use Fusion Bolt first to double the power of Fusion Flare. Fusion Bolt + Fusion Flare is better then Bolt Strike + Fusion Flare in pretty much every possible situation except for Flash Fire mons.
I think Fusion Flare also doubles in power when used after Bolt Strike. Might be mistaken, though (that, or Bulbapedia is wrong which it's known to be at times)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I think Fusion Flare also doubles in power when used after Bolt Strike. Might be mistaken, though (that, or Bulbapedia is wrong which it's known to be at times)
On /dt on PS it explicitly states "Power doubles if used after Fusion Bolt." not after any bolt move. Otherwise people would have been using Bolt Strike > Fusion Bolt for the many months this has been played.

On /dt on PS it explicitly states "Power doubles if used after Fusion Bolt." not after any bolt move. Otherwise people would have been using Bolt Strike > Fusion Bolt for the many months this has been played.
While that may be true, I haven't tested it in-game or on PS yet, I'd like to reiterate the fact that Bolt Strike and Fusion Flare aren't compatible normally on Victini as they're exclusive to separate events for it and Linked doesn't do away with any move illegalities as far as I'm aware.

sorry if I came off a bit harsh in this post; that wasn't my intention, I just wanted to point out that there's a better reason for Bolt Strike + Fusion Flare not being used than their respective move mechanics

Toxic from a Poison type will hit like Swift i.e. won't miss under normal conditions and even hits during the 1st stage of Fly and Dive. So I'm not sure who I'd use it with, but would it be better to run Toxic/Venoshock for boosted damage, or Toxic/Venom Drench to try and cripple the opponent?

Toxic from a Poison type will hit like Swift i.e. won't miss under normal conditions and even hits during the 1st stage of Fly and Dive. So I'm not sure who I'd use it with, but would it be better to run Toxic/Venoshock for boosted damage, or Toxic/Venom Drench to try and cripple the opponent?
Definitely Venoshock, as your opponent can just switch out after Venom Drench before you have the chance to attack. It could be useful on Gengar in combination with Hex, but that's just speculation on my part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)