Let's Get This Team Fixed This Time! [OU RMT]

Latias is now OU! -__-

I've used this team, fixing it up whenever a problem arose, since the beginning of the DP metagame. When I was playing in the suspect ladder, I seemed to be the only one who had a hard time taking down Latias. Latias is something that I need serious changes to fix here...

Most of the times that I post an RMT, I end up getting little to no posts trying to help me fix the team's problems, maybe just one or two. This time, I intend to remove all problems in this team's build. If you want to fix this team up from a different angle, click here for the most balanced battle I've had in a long time, with a previous build of this team.

So, this team's main issue is Latias. Another large problem presents itself in the form of CMers. Since this team exists for both Wi-Fi and Shoddy play, all information that is only applicable for Wi-Fi will be in brace brackets "{}", all info that only applies to Shoddy will be in regular brackets "()". Changes will be in Green, they will not be implemented into the team until after the RMT is done with, so my descriptions will be vague and not as informative for the ones with big changes...

SWAMPERT @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: {Brave} (Relaxed)
{IVs: 30/31/23/31/31/24}
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
-EarthQuake
-Ice Punch
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

It's MixPert. It sets up Stealth rock, counters dragons, OHKOs stuff, and wins games. There really isn't much to explain here... Ice Punch, of course, is there to take care of any dragons that may appear... It is now my lead, replacing Porygon-Z in that position. It has also replaced Surf for Roar, to take a load of work away from Vaporeon, only time will tell if this is bulky enough for that...

SCIZOR @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 32 HP, 252 Attack, 224 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-
Brick Break
-Roost

I don't think there's a single person who doesn't know what Scizor does at this point. It sets up, OHKOs and heals. I've never used it yet, so I don't know what to add... 3 Swords Dancers allows for easier sweeps.

Graphix v2 the PORYGON-Z @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Nature: {Hasty} (Timid)
{IVs:
14/13/0/30/6/24}
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Trick
-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse

This is the basic Special Sweeper set for it as you may know... and for the third time, this pokemon is there to hit stuff... Choice Scarf to make up for its bad Base Speed and max itself above 400, all of the moves get nice coverage... This has done a bad job of being a lead, it only manages to activate suicide lead's sashes... This caused me to switch it with Swampert as the lead. Trick was also added in Ice Beam's place, since +1 Tri-Attack apparently does at least 74% to Salamence, usually OHKOing w/Stealth Rock. It now performs as a revenge killer.

Glider the GLISCOR @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Impish
{IVs: 23/30/24/1/23/31}
EVs: {
212 HP, 12 Attack, 70 Defense, 216 Speed} (180 HP, 56 Attack, 56 Defense, 218 Speed)
-Aerial Ace
-
Swords Dance
-Roost
-Earthquake

Click Here! EVs were fixed for Wi-Fi to make up for the IVs...

INFERNAPE @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge

Contrary to what some people may think, MixApe isn't Infernape's only viable set. I will have a hard time finding a way to use Swords Dance, but when I do, I OHKO so many things that it's not even funny! XD Stone Edge takes care of Zapdos, Salamence and Gyarados. Flare Blitz > Blaze Kick for move all-out power.

Spike the LUCARIO @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: {Rash} (Modest)
{IVs: 23/31/9/31/31/23}
EVs: 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse

Lucario is wearing its awesome shades to give it loads more offensive power, Fighting/Ghost is an unresisted combo, Dragon Pulse for anything else... Specs Vacuum Wave can actually be very deadly... For some odd reason, most people manage to see the special attacks coming from a mile away! XD
Original Team said:

Graphix v2 the PORYGON-Z @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
Nature: {Hasty} (Timid)
{IVs:
14/13/0/30/6/24}
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse

My lead. This is the basic Special Sweeper set for it as you may know... and for the third time, this pokemon is there to hit stuff... Choice Scarf to make up for its bad Base Speed and max itself above 400, all of the moves get nice coverage... This has done a bad job of being a lead, it only manages to activate suicide lead's sashes...

VAPOREON @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
{IVs: 30/8/12/31/31/30}
EVs: 192 HP, 254 Defense, 64 Special Attack
-Surf
-Toxic
-Haze
-Wish

Vaporeon was added to counter the team's only weakness... only testing will tell me if this will be effective... Haze stops stat-boosters in their tracks, it's my only defense against them...

SWAMPERT @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: {Brave} (Relaxed)
{IVs: 30/31/23/31/31/24}
EVs: 240 HP, 216 Defense, 54 Special Attack
-EarthQuake
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Stealth Rock

It's MixPert. It sets up Stealth rock, counters dragons, OHKOs stuff, and wins games. There really isn't much to explain here... It has double STAB to hit on both sides of the spectrum. Ice Beam, of course, is there to take care of any dragons that may appear...

Glider the GLISCOR @ Leftovers
Trait: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Impish
{IVs: 23/30/24/1/23/31}
EVs: {
212 HP, 12 Attack, 70 Defense, 216 Speed} (180 HP, 56 Attack, 56 Defense, 218 Speed)
-Aerial Ace
-
Swords Dance
-Roost
-Earthquake

Click Here! EVs were fixed for Wi-Fi to make up for the IVs...

INFERNAPE @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Naive
{IVs: 26/31/18/31/19/31}
EVs: 120 Attack, 196 Special Attack, 192 Speed
-ThunderPunch
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot

All-Out Mixed Sweeper Infernape... It's there for the hits it will dish out... you may have noticed that it has both ThunderPunch and Grass Knot, that's so ThunderPunch can get a nice hit on the lighter of the water types and most flying types will feel the pain too, obviously that makes Grass Knot's sole purpose for hitting the generic heavier pokemon that don't resist it... Vaporeon is no longer a safe wall against it... The EVs OHKO Gyarados 2/3 of the time with Stealth Rock up, and outspeed base 100s. Note that the moveset hits all OUs for at least neutral damage. If Latias gets in OU, this will no longer be the case. However, it usually outspeeds me anyways...

Spike the LUCARIO @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: {Rash} (Modest)
{IVs: 23/31/9/31/31/23}
EVs: 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuum Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse

Lucario is wearing its awesome shades to give it loads more offensive power, Fighting/Ghost is an unresisted combo, Dragon Pulse for anything else... Specs Vacuum Wave can actually be very deadly... For some odd reason, most people manage to see the special attacks coming from a mile away! XD

I use a very similar Vaporeon/Swampert combo on my team... what I've found works better is if you take Surf off Swampert (it's not needed, Vaporeon has it already) and put on Roar. Then you can take Haze off Vaporeon and put Protect back on...

I feel that some parts of this team are redundant with SpecsLuke, Nape, and Porygon-Z. Having Nape AND SpecsLuke as wall-breakers that kill the same kind of stuff seems really redundant. At least Porygon-Z can save you from sweeps from the likes of Infernape, but that's about all I see PZ doing for you.

I'd try to fit a Tyranitar( or Snorlax) in the team so that you can have a better answer to Zapdos w/ HP Grass. Not to mention, most of your team is immune to SS. It also covers your Calm Minder problem for the most part.

Also, you have a really large Scizor weak. After a Swords Dance, it can still hurt Infernape and Lucario pretty badly, especially since they will probably be worn down pretty quickly. CB Scizor is also extremely deadly to your team. I'd definately want a solid Scizor counter as you really can't play around it, especially when it's so common.

I'm not sure what all to change on this team but I suggest trying to counter these threats...

Good luck!

I use a very similar Vaporeon/Swampert combo on my team... what I've found works better is if you take Surf off Swampert (it's not needed, Vaporeon has it already) and put on Roar. Then you can take Haze off Vaporeon and put Protect back on...
Vaporeon never had Protect on my team, but sure, why not? It's nice to see people with similar concepts in parts of their teams here... They're definitely the most qualified to help! xD I'll give it a try...

I feel that some parts of this team are redundant with SpecsLuke, Nape, and Porygon-Z. Having Nape AND SpecsLuke as wall-breakers that kill the same kind of stuff seems really redundant. At least Porygon-Z can save you from sweeps from the likes of Infernape, but that's about all I see PZ doing for you.

I'd try to fit a Tyranitar( or Snorlax) in the team so that you can have a better answer to Zapdos w/ HP Grass. Not to mention, most of your team is immune to SS. It also covers your Calm Minder problem for the most part.

Also, you have a really large Scizor weak. After a Swords Dance, it can still hurt Infernape and Lucario pretty badly, especially since they will probably be worn down pretty quickly. CB Scizor is also extremely deadly to your team. I'd definately want a solid Scizor counter as you really can't play around it, especially when it's so common.

I'm not sure what all to change on this team but I suggest trying to counter these threats...

Good luck!
@1st Paragraph: It's stuff like this that I post here to hear. One thing I must point out here is that Porygon-Z is pretty much the revenge killer that everyone says he isn't. He gets the KOs on most things that get boosts up if Vappy's down. It's my second defense that works quite often, but only if they're not too bulky... Lucario replaced Togekiss, which my entire team focused on using until a short while back...

@2nd Paragraph: Snorlax makes more sense... Tyranitar being on the team would cause 16% damage to Infernape per turn, along with 12.5% coming in! I'd get 6 hits, assuming that I don't get hit myself... Yeah, like that would ever happen. I fail to understand when 3/6 turned into "most". It seems that replacing Lucario with Snorlax is the most sensible fix here...

@3rd Paragraph: Scizor comes out, I bring in Vappy or Gliscor. Either one will be able to deal with any Scizor that doesn't have +6 Attack under its belt. Vappy Hazes it all away, Gliscor sets up a +6 of its own while taking minimal damage...

@The Rest: Thanks, I'm going to need the luck...

Where are all of the other users, this team needs much more in the way of fixes, I'm just not exactly sure how!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
A few suggestions:

1. Trick is a nice move on porygon-z, ice beam is probably the most useless move on that set as a +1 tri attack is pretty much a guaranteed ohko (does min of 74%) on salamence

2. Vappy/Pert/Gliscor seems awfully redundant. Vappy wants the hp electric wish set for gyarados. Might want to try ice punch on pert for latias. I'd just replace gliscor with another pokemon to be honest.

3. Go with the physical ape in TAY's analysis +2 close combat takes out most of the bulky waters anyway. This way you have specsluke and ape can tear holes open for each other.

This makes the core of your team pretty solid with pert and vappy as the defensive cornerstones with just the right amount of offense. Removing gliscor allows you to toy around with that slot to find a pokemon to fill a niche. And to be honest, you might want another lead as I find p-z "meh" as a lead.

A few suggestions:

1. Trick is a nice move on porygon-z, ice beam is probably the most useless move on that set as a +1 tri attack is pretty much a guaranteed ohko (does min of 74%) on salamence

2. Vappy/Pert/Gliscor seems awfully redundant. Vappy wants the hp electric wish set for gyarados. Might want to try ice punch on pert for latias. I'd just replace gliscor with another pokemon to be honest.

3. Go with the physical ape in TAY's analysis +2 close combat takes out most of the bulky waters anyway. This way you have specsluke and ape can tear holes open for each other.

This makes the core of your team pretty solid with pert and vappy as the defensive cornerstones with just the right amount of offense. Removing gliscor allows you to toy around with that slot to find a pokemon to fill a niche. And to be honest, you might want another lead as I find p-z "meh" as a lead.
By the time you had finished posting, I had made Swampert the lead. I was considering Bronzong, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be (I tried, P-Z did the job better! xD).

1. Done.
  2. Removing Gliscor makes no sense...
  3. Done.
Thanks! Also, If you think I should take out Gliscor, could you explain how exactly they're so redundant?

Now here's the problem with the Scizor weakness.
I'm thinking more of the really offensive versions (SD + LO). If that version gets an SD, X-Scissor has potential to deal 80+% to your Swampert. Bullet Punch from the same +2 Scizor always 2HKOs Gliscor. However, Bug/Steel provides poor coverage so SD Scizor will usually be carrying a Fighting move. This means it will lack Roost and Earthquakes will wear it down. Still, it can deal some good damage.

Since Nape is now a late-game sweeper, you COULD switch Gliscor to something else that benefits this team more and helps handle Scizor a little better...maybe a Salamence? It provides better Lucario insurance than Gliscor (Intimidate, Higher Speed) and can handle Heracross decently. You could run a Dragon Dance set, which actually has MORE attack than a Swords Dance Gliscor (at least more than the 12 Atk EV set) after setup and outruns a lot more Pokes thanks to the additional +1 Spe

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Sorry, I guess I wasn't being too specific. Pert/Vappy is okay since both cover heatran and pert covers vappy's weakness to ttar and vappy covers pert's weakness to mixape. Pert also gives you a sweet electric immunity. Now, between those two, what do they not cover that gliscor does? Zilch that I can think of. Yeah, neither can swords dance, but that's ape's job now. Gliscor just seems to be "there" with no apparent purpose.

On your new ape, I personally love stone edge to get rid of zapdos, mence, and gyarados. Mach punch is helpful for heatran, but you already have vappy and pert for that, and the point of ape is to be a late game sweeper, meaning you should eliminate his threats before you try to set up. Now, it looks like you have a much easier time getting pass heatran than you do zapdos/gyarados/mence. In fact, gyarados is a problem for this team and the reason I recomended hp electric on vaporeon. Well, at least you do have p-z to check it, and if it doesn't give you too much problem, that is fine.

Now here's the problem with the Scizor weakness.
I'm thinking more of the really offensive versions (SD + LO). If that version gets an SD, X-Scissor has potential to deal 80+% to your Swampert. Bullet Punch from the same +2 Scizor always 2HKOs Gliscor. However, Bug/Steel provides poor coverage so SD Scizor will usually be carrying a Fighting move. This means it will lack Roost and Earthquakes will wear it down. Still, it can deal some good damage.

Since Nape is now a late-game sweeper, you COULD switch Gliscor to something else that benefits this team more and helps handle Scizor a little better...maybe a Salamence? It provides better Lucario insurance than Gliscor (Intimidate, Higher Speed) and can handle Heracross decently. You could run a Dragon Dance set, which actually has MORE attack than a Swords Dance Gliscor (at least more than the 12 Atk EV set) after setup and outruns a lot more Pokes thanks to the additional +1 Spe
I was thinking of adding a dragon in there somewhere, but I never thought of Salamence (It's simply too common! xD). I added it in anyways... xD

Sorry, I guess I wasn't being too specific. Pert/Vappy is okay since both cover heatran and pert covers vappy's weakness to ttar and vappy covers pert's weakness to mixape. Pert also gives you a sweet electric immunity. Now, between those two, what do they not cover that gliscor does? Zilch that I can think of. Yeah, neither can swords dance, but that's ape's job now. Gliscor just seems to be "there" with no apparent purpose.

On your new ape, I personally love stone edge to get rid of zapdos, mence, and gyarados. Mach punch is helpful for heatran, but you already have vappy and pert for that, and the point of ape is to be a late game sweeper, meaning you should eliminate his threats before you try to set up. Now, it looks like you have a much easier time getting pass heatran than you do zapdos/gyarados/mence. In fact, gyarados is a problem for this team and the reason I recomended hp electric on vaporeon. Well, at least you do have p-z to check it, and if it doesn't give you too much problem, that is fine.
Gliscor was replaced by Salamence, based on Cleric's reccomendation... I've switched Stone Edge into Infernape's moveset, but I just don't like inaccurate moves! ._.

I'm really sorry for not getting to this sooner, but there are a few issues with this team. well not really issues as in stuff rapes you, but issues as in you could be doing this a bit better. For instance, ape and luke are walled by different things, so really they don't tear holes for each other. What I'm proposing to you is this: get rid of vaporeon and add on sd scizor, and switch lukes set to sd. Now, why have 3 sders on the same team? isn't that redundant? Don't they all accomplish the same thing? Well, yes. So then, isn't it a waste of space? Absolutely not, contrary to what people may think. In fact, having 3 sders on the team is a great thing for you, as they're all walled by pretty much the same things. That means if you sacrifice one guy to weaken said counters, the other guys can sweep, very very easily. In addition to that, when you sacrifice one guy, the other guys get a free switchin pretty much, so they can easily set up and sweep. These guys also happen to work nicely in beating each other's dedicated counters, lati@s getting set up on (after a sacrifice) by lucario and scizor, while in the meantime gyaradoses try and switch in for some reason to infernape, only to get stoned. in addition to that, you have salamence able to come in on things like scarftran and win that way too. The double priority you get from espeed + bullet punch makes the scarf on porygon-z slightly less necessary, as this team now doesn't let things set up too easily, and opposing scarfers pretty much just means free turns for your guys with amazing resists who on a moments notice will sweep. now, normally I'd say take off porygon-z so that blissey can't touch you anywhere, but I kinda like the scarftricking idea, as it allows your guys to set up much more nicely on random choiced stuff. good work.

That makes me lose my good defense... >.>

I've implemented it all anyways since it all makes sense... Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)