Let it Rain! First Attempt at a Rain Team!

This is a first try at a rain team. I hope that everyone can read this and enjoy it and give me good advice:P.

Version 1:
Team at First Glance:

First off is my Politoed:

Poseidon (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

This is fairly simple. It is the anti-pass toxic-protect set. Perish song is there to kill off those set-uppers and baton passers. Toxic is there for everything Hydro Pump can't hit and Protect is to let Leftovers and Toxic take their tolls. The EV spread allows it to survive hard special hits and decent physical hits, and also hit somewhat hard.

Next up is the hated Jirachi:

Flinch (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Protect

This is even simpler than the set above. Thunder Wave is there to paralyze the enemy, I take this over Body Slam because Body Slam is only 60% paralysis rate and does not hit common ghosts, Gengar ,Jellicent. T-Wave is good because Jirachi shouldn't be in on grounds anyway. Wish is the passer and the constant recover. Iron head is the flinching move and protect scouts and lets leftovers/wish to take its toll. EV Spread is quite normal SpD spread.

My favorite pokemon EVER:

Zeus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

BEST POKEMON EVER! I am so sorry. Let's get back on track. Choiced Thundurus is a great revenge killer, a great sweeper and is my main sweeper. It switches in and hits hard, switches out, then revenge kills. Speed is not a problem and really is only outsped by ninjask and faster scarf users like Choiced Terrakion. Thunder is 100 Accuracy in the rain and hits like a truck. STAB boosted Thunder is pretty much the bane of everything's existence. This is also a crucial part of my team because HP Ice hits the counters to the rest of my team, Dragon and Ground. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn and other walls OKish hard and Volt Switch allows Thundurus-T to kill and not be trapped. EV spread allows it to outspeed everything while still hitting like a truck.

Onto WallBreaker:

Poison (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb(Testing)
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 232 Spd / 252 Atk / 24 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

At times in life I wondered - and everyone should have - why was toxicroak in OU? Boy was I wrong. Toxicroak is the ruler of the rain and that is the main weather in OU. Toxicroak gets big boost in rain with its dry skin. If Toxicroak is able to set up a SD and everything is dead. Alakazam? Nope, Moxiemence? Nope, CBnite? Nope. Sucker Punch is its revenge killing move and is able to kill pesky psychic types. Drain punch is its main STAB move that kills a lot of things and adding on to its recovery. SD is my set up move that lets hell rain and Ice Punch is death for everything thats dragon or ground type. This is my wall breaker as it kills Ferrothorn, Chansey and Blissey and after a SD Hippodown. The Life Orb is recovered by Dry Skin

Next up is Vaporeon:

Vapor (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Ice Beam

My Water Wall! This is the only water type(besides Politoed) so it is kinda different for a rain team. This is the annoying hydration-rest set that stalls out things that depend on status such as jellicent or paraflinchers like togekiss or jirachi. Toxic cripples anything that isn't steel type and scald is my main STAB move that is also able to burn steel types. Rest is the recovery method and ice beam hits dragons hard.

Let's Finish this UP!:

WeatherKiller (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

This is the pokemon that comes out and says, LETS GO Ninetales/ttar. Arena Trap prevents the escape and Earthquake kills both of them and Rocks are useful always kills and afterwards se, eq and reversal all hit hard in any situation.

That's it! I hope you rate this post:P!

Version 2:
Team at First Glance:

First off is my Politoed:

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

This is fairly simple. It is the anti-pass toxic-protect set. Perish song is there to kill off those set-uppers and baton passers. Toxic is there for everything Hydro Pump can't hit and Protect is to let Leftovers and Toxic take their tolls. The EV spread allows it to survive hard special hits and decent physical hits, and also hit somewhat hard.

Next up is the Celebi:

Tinkerbell (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Healing Wish
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As suggested by victinivcreate1, Offensive Celebi works wonders. As Jirachi is sent to the limbo by status inflictions and EQ by anything. Celebi counters dugtrio and thundy T while being able to heal itself with recover or Giga Drain. HP Ice is there to hit grounds and resist them. Healing Wish allows Thundurus and Toxicroak to sweep again.

My favorite pokemon EVER:

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

BEST POKEMON EVER! I am so sorry. Let's get back on track. Choiced Thundurus is a great revenge killer, a great sweeper and is my main sweeper. It switches in and hits hard, switches out, then revenge kills. Speed is not a problem and really is only outsped by ninjask and faster scarf users like Choiced Terrakion. Thunder is 100 Accuracy in the rain and hits like a truck. STAB boosted Thunder is pretty much the bane of everything's existence. This is also a crucial part of my team because HP Ice hits the counters to the rest of my team, Dragon and Ground. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn and other walls OKish hard and Volt Switch allows Thundurus-T to kill and not be trapped. EV spread allows it to outspeed everything while still hitting like a truck.

Onto WallBreaker:

Poison (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb(Testing)
EVs: 232 Spd / 252 Atk / 24 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

At times in life I wondered - and everyone should have - why was toxicroak in OU? Boy was I wrong. Toxicroak is the ruler of the rain and that is the main weather in OU. Toxicroak gets big boost in rain with its dry skin. If Toxicroak is able to set up a SD and everything is dead. Alakazam? Nope, Moxiemence? Nope, CBnite? Nope. Sucker Punch is its revenge killing move and is able to kill pesky psychic types. Drain punch is its main STAB move that kills a lot of things and adding on to its recovery. SD is my set up move that lets hell rain and Ice Punch is death for everything thats dragon or ground type. This is my wall breaker as it kills Ferrothorn, Chansey and Blissey and after a SD Hippodown. The Life Orb is recovered by Dry Skin

Next up is Vaporeon:

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Ice Beam

My Water Wall! This is the only water type(besides Politoed) so it is kinda different for a rain team. This is the annoying hydration-rest set that stalls out things that depend on status such as jellicent or paraflinchers like togekiss or jirachi. Toxic cripples anything that isn't steel type and scald is my main STAB move that is also able to burn steel types. Rest is the recovery method and ice beam hits dragons hard.

Let's Finish this UP!:

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

This is the pokemon that comes out and says, LETS GO Ninetales/ttar. Arena Trap prevents the escape and Earthquake kills both of them and Rocks are useful always kills and afterwards se, eq and reversal all hit hard in any situation.

That's it! I hope you rate this post:P!

IMPORTABLE:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hydro Pump

Tinkerbell (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Healing Wish
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Poison (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SDef / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Ice Beam

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi there!

This is a really great team that you're using here, Toxicroak is a pretty cool Pokemon, so I'd like to commend you on using him in this team, a rain one nonetheless. However, I see some flaws that may trouble your team in more ways than one, and with my rate, said flaws will be ironed out and this team will reach it's full potential possibly. With all that out of the way, let's get to my rate! My first suggestion would to change Politoeds set to a Defensive one over your current set. This Politoeds flagship set in the BW Metagame, as it can check a whole lot of Pokemon, especially the vast array of Physical Attackers, with the most annoying move in the game in Scald. Moving on with your team, I would like to suggest running Volt Switch over your current choice of Psychic on your Thundurus-T. With Volt Switch, Thundurus-T gets an excellent STAB move that helps you get out of a jam very quickly, and it also provides some momentum for your team, which is always nice. Up next, I would like to suggest running an EV spread of 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe over your current spread on Toxicroak. With the aftermentioned EV spread, Toxicroak is able to outspeed Jolly Breloom while the Attack EV's are obviously for max attacking power, with the rest of the EV's thrown into HP to provide some bulk. Staying on Toxicroak, I recommend running a Life Orb over your current choice of Black Sludge. With Life Orb, Toxicroaks damage output after a Swords Dance is significantly heightened, while the recoil is regained with Drain Punch & Dry Skin. Finally, I would like to recommend running Stealth Rock over your current choice of Sucker Punch. This is a pretty simple change, as Stealth Rock makes your sweepers jobs easier, as opposing Pokemon get worn down. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!​

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Toxic​

• Politoed
    : Current Set -> Defensive​
  • Thundurus-T
    : Psychic -> Volt Switch​
  • Toxicroak
    :​
  • 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD -> 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
  • Black Sludge -> Life Orb​
  • Dugtrio
    : Sucker Punch -> Stealth Rock​

~Dr Ciel~

Sayonara

don't forget
Hello, interesting team, but I do see a few problems. First off, none of your team members have Stealth Rock, which is something really important for any BW2 team to have, as it prevents stuff like Dragonite or Volcarona from always being able to come in at full health, and it also helps your Toxicroak and Thundurus-T to sweep late-game. So I'd recommend Stealth Rock over Sucker Punch on Dugtrio, it's able to get Stealth Rock up pretty reliably and it doesn't really need Sucker Punch, as it's fast already and it's a pretty weak move with no STAB and Dugtrio doesn't hit hard anyways. I also think hazards are a problem for your team, as it means Thundurus-T will die after switching-in a few times, and it's bound to switch in and out often since it's equipped with a Choice item. I think you'd be better off with a Tentacruel over Vaporeon, they are both useful walls under Rain and hard to take down, but Tentacruel can use Rapid Spin and it's not walled by Ferrothorn. I'd run a set of Rapid Spin / Toxic / Scald / Protect, with Rain Dish as its ability and an EV spread of 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe, with a Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) and Leftovers. Toxic lets you deal with Jellicent, who can be a problem for rain teams, and Scald is a STAB boosted in the Rain which lets you burn stuff like Ferrothorn, which is useful, and Protect lets you get back Rain Dish + Leftovers recovery, while racking up Toxic or Burn damage on your opponent. Next, I'd go with Volt Switch over Psychic on Thundurus-T, this lets Thundurus-T scout and gain momentum and it can switch-out immediately instead of always having to lock itself into the same move. Life Orb over Black Sludge would be something I'd recommend for Toxicroak, allowing it to have an easier time sweeping, with Rain Dish it gets more health each turn than it loses with Life Orb. Hope this helps.

I do appreciate the advice, I am sorry this post is late as I posted this right before I went to sleep and so I went to sleep and went to school. Firstly I do believe that Volt Switch could help my Thundurus a lot. Next up Stealth Rocks could be my move to use if Dugtrio is not needed so I will change both of those up. I will test Life Orb on Toxicroak but Black Sludge is reliable in all weather, in case I want to kill ttar fast. All set changes are valid and will be changed. Tentecruel is a great pokemon and all but I really have never liked it and further more hazards are not an issue to any of my pokemon. Toxicroak can take out t-spikes and after one turn it can recover most of the hazard damage. Rocks hurt my thundurus but with two wish passers I do not think this is an issue. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Ok I'll give you a rate.

Your team seems weak to the combination of Thundy T plus Dugtrio. The duo can OHKO/2HKO every member on your team.

I'd swap Vaporeon for Offensive Celebi. It can beat both of these behemoths with LEaf Storm and HP Ice.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
EVs: 56 HP/252 SpA/200 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-HP Ice
-Recover
-Healing Wish

HEaling wish can be vital for your sweepers survivability.

I do appreciate the rate. Ill test celebi out but does it have to be vaporeon? I find that more and more Jirachi is useless while Vaporeon is a beasty wall. Also for celebi do I have to run Leaf Storm? I find that Giga Drain is more useful. Again thank you for the rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)