SPOILERS! Legends: Arceus Playthrough Discussion

Actually this is a subtle nod to industrialism and how the advance of human society weakened pokemon and the elemental energy of the planet and in this essay i will-
What makes you think it is energy becoming weaker over time and not defenses becoming stronger? Damage sources that don't rely on beating the opponent's defense are significantly more widespread and powerful in the present games compared to Legends.

What makes you think it is energy becoming weaker over time and not defenses becoming stronger? Damage sources that don't rely on beating the opponent's defense are significantly more widespread and powerful in the present games compared to Legends.
Do you mean as in status moves or something else? Didnt really understand this one sorry

Does anyone know how quickly nature mints can be acquired? I’m kind of in Eevee hell trying to get a good Sylveon in the making rn without them so if I could get my hands on a Modest Mint ASAP my life would become a lot less painful.

Ok, are the basculin in tranquility cove right after you get basculegion only female or just a 1:8 m:f ratio now? I caught like 7 or 8 of these things and they were all female. They're annoying to catch, so I don't want to keep going back and forth to jubilife to reset spawns if they are only female in this spot.

Edit: seems to be the case, or at least makes are suuuper rare in the cove. What an annoying decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/sf9r7t

Last edited:
Do you mean as in status moves or something else? Didnt really understand this one sorry
Status moves, as well as flat damage effects like Seismic Toss.

This isn't super relevant to anything, "magic and technology can't coexist" is a major pet peeve of mine so I immediately felt the need to refute your earlier point even if it was a joke.

Edit: that said, it occurred to me that, with the same move power being used, low levels do higher relative damage than high levels. So everything being a glass cannon would be an indication that mons are overall weaker rather than stronger.

Last edited:
Been training Scyther since before the first noble battle, a couple notes

Quick Attack et al. feel kinda broken honestly? Aqua Jet and Quick Attack from my Samurott and Scyther give so many double turns that result in KOs. I haven't had much interaction with any Pokemon that have *real* speed stats, like Electrode, and I hope that it gives them a huge boost in offensive presence.

Black Augurite is mysterious and might not even exist I swear to god. If anyone has any ideas on how to get this item, please let me know. Google is returning to search with Ursaluna in the Crimson Mirelands and if I get one more ball of mud I'm going to get my hunting rifle.

I'm just thankful that the Pokemon I caught and can't evolve is a perfectly fine Pokemon in its own right.

Edit: Looks like Black Augurite is a potential drop from Graveler, thank god.

Last edited:
This isn't super relevant to anything, "magic and technology can't coexist" is a major pet peeve of mine so I immediately felt the need to refute your earlier point even if it was a joke.
I get you, but I think most people who do the arguments I poked fun at are less about them being unable to coexist and more about a criticism of rapid industrialism (and sometimes imperialism, depending on the topic lol).

Getting off topic though, so instead I'll just ask: how do you guys feel about the overworld of the game? Empty, interesting, etc? Ive seen different opinions over it and I'm curious. I think the only consensus I can see is that its ugly LOL

Getting off topic though, so instead I'll just ask: how do you guys feel about the overworld of the game? Empty, interesting, etc? Ive seen different opinions over it and I'm curious. I think the only consensus I can see is that its ugly LOL
It's filled with pokemon and resources. Period. And it's the big point about this game. If you like the playstyle the game presents you, it's an amazing overworld, the graphics won't bother you and the game will flow perfectly.

But it's a step away from the older formula and if you don't like it, this overworld will be boring. I'm liking it, but I completely understand those who say it's "empty". If you don't like the stealth-throw-catch-repeat, there's nothing else to do.

Comparing with BOtW, it's like you removed the shrines from the game. Just Koroks and monsters.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
The new battle system isn't mixing super well with the upward Joy-Con Drift that I've just been living with since like 2019. Love roaming around for no reason in the middle of a battle. Love being drifted onto a different move when I'm trying to use a style.

Game is fun though. My only other small gripe is that, considering how much I'm enjoying the story, it would be nice to keep it moving without having to stop and grind the Pokedex sometimes.

A few things that keep bugging me:
1. Your quest log doesn'tat least say where the NPC is. They list out the NPC names like I know who these interchangeable people are by heart, but not where they are
2. You CAN set a marker down for them, but you can only have one set at a time. That's not really an engine thing, because when a quest is available for the first time you have like 7 markers on screen at once. So it's just annoying
3. Why, on the map screen, does it not at least highlight where the NPC is without the guidance on.
5. Away from quests, i hate the black bars that show up in battles. The framing actively blocks a part of the UI that shows the pokemon. During the fight with Kleavor and an Alpha Rapidash I had to back way the hell up to actualyl see the damn health bars.

Also while i"m hear has anyone done that "weird ponyta" quest? Is it talking about the Alpha Rapidash? Because I was all over the horseshoe plains and only saw entirely normal ponyta, so the (level 40!) rapidash is all i can think of.

Also while i"m hear has anyone done that "weird ponyta" quest? Is it talking about the Alpha Rapidash? Because I was all over the horseshoe plains and only saw entirely normal ponyta, so the (level 40!) rapidash is all i can think of.
It is a Shiny Ponyta. Also Shiny Rapidash in this game has purple flames like Gen II instead of grey like Gen III onwards

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know how quickly nature mints can be acquired? I’m kind of in Eevee hell trying to get a good Sylveon in the making rn without them so if I could get my hands on a Modest Mint ASAP my life would become a lot less painful.
After quelling the third lord you can request a mint harvest in the Jubilife farm for 10,000 Pokedollars, so that's one way. You only get three for all that money though. :blobsad:

The effort system and level curve in this game are really tough on fast and frail mons. I had enough of how wimpy Floatzel is and swapped him out for a Walrein -- would've never happened in the main series. Walrein's Baby-Doll Eyes is surprisingly good. And unlike the rest of the team she likes to sleep during the day which is a nice detail.

Ema Skye

Work!
Black Augurite is mysterious and might not even exist I swear to god. If anyone has any ideas on how to get this item, please let me know. Google is returning to search with Ursaluna in the Crimson Mirelands and if I get one more ball of mud I'm going to get my hunting rifle.
I know Serebii says it appears in Time-Space Distortions, but I found mine through digging with Ursaluna. I'm pretty sure the hidden items aren't guaranteed which makes the hunt for Black Augurite/Peat Block feel impossible.

It's not a random full odds, it is an event-specific spawn that is 100% Shiny. First preset shiny in the games since B2W2.
Well that's good, but where is it? I must have missed a part of the plains, or is it based on a certain time?

Anyone got any ideas on the chances for Peat Blocks in Crimson Mirelands? I’ve been searching for hours and all I keep getting are grain mud and truffles. I have also gotten Black Augurite, which I now have 3 of. I get Ursaluna is powerful and all but Jesus this is a very tough find.

edit: it’s on area 3 not mirelands damn

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas on the chances for Peat Blocks in Crimson Mirelands? I’ve been searching for hours and all I keep getting are grain mud and truffles. I have also gotten Black Augurite, which I now have 3 of. I get Ursaluna is powerful and all but Jesus this is a very tough find.

edit: it’s on area 3 not mirelands damn
Turns out it is mirelands and Serebii was wrong, oops. This is the video that helped me so yeah.

Btw this game rules

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Didn't realize this was here, sorry.

So, game is released, played for a few hours... and gotta admit, I'm not "feeling it".

I got to the first gameplay loop, and I'm having issues.

For one the controls the feel unintuitive. Maybe I just haven't rewired my brain to the controls yet, but two annoying things I keep doing:

To run I keep pressing the B button which is crouch, to run I have to press the L-pad down. Hey, um, GF, why not switch them? Or at least give us the option to? Or, how about once I press the run button LET ME KEEP RUNNING! "But it's not realistic and would take away the feel of being chased by a Pokemon". They threw that out the window when they let me dodge roll as many times as I want, I can apparently do hundreds of running rolls but running for more than a minute is too much.
Switching between items and Pokemon feels clunky. Having to hold down ZR and then do some other button presses feels awkward, like surely they had to be a better one like flicking ZR to enter into "throw mode" and then when you want to throw press ZR again.

Though, no, there's more. So I'm finally let out to do some of my first catches and filling out the Pokedex achievements... and running into issues. Like there's just not enough Pokemon around, and it seems to take a while for a Pokemon to respawn which is annoying as certain Pokemon like to run away if you mess up your ball throw (which BTW wastes the ball; why can't I pick it up?) / or they break out. But the running away isn't just on the field, if you battle them the more skittish ones will still run away. If I want to fill out the achievements for Starly and Wurmple I'm going to need a lot of balls.

Now, I'm just a few hours in so could just be either early game is a tad dry or I'm doing stuff I'm not supposed to just yet thus am making the experience sluggish. But overall, I gotta say, I'm missing the old gameplay. And I don't think that feeling is going to change, I DO NOT want this becoming the norm.

And now today's post:

Okay, so I played a few more hours today, and I'm feeling a bit better. As KaenSoul said, after the Tutorial it REALLY opens up and, while obviously there's the main story objective which looks to be straight forward, what kind of has me a bit hanged up is doing all the achievements (or whatever they're called) for each Pokemon. Catch 25 members of that species, catch them while not being noticed, catch 10 Pokemon which have a height/weight difference which you'll only know if the game tells you, see the Pokemon do this move 20 times, and this move 15 times, and Strong/Agile Moves 15 times, knock out this species of Pokemon with this Type move 20 times. And then there's some categories I don't even know what to do like feeding them. I haven't even fought Kleavor yet but I have 4 stars and my team are in the low 30s, I'm not sure if that's any indication of... anything.

Though, don't mistake my hesitation, I am having fun! I really like exploring (especially going into places where I'm obviously not supposed to go to yet but I gotta see if there's rare treasure), gathering resources (lesser on the managing part though I haven't gotten to any point where I'm struggling for supplies, though I wish the iron pieces needed to make Great Balls was more abundant). And catching/battling Pokemon is fun, especially when you get a back shot... it's just that you gotta do it a lot of times which I feel is a bit overkill.

Oh, BTW, got something interesting: A Shiny Wurmple. Yup, Shiny Pokemon are in the game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)