Project LC Theorymon Project [Submission Phase] [ded atm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Code:
Poliwag  | 10
Klink    | 5
Stunky   | 2
Venipede | 1
Wtf. Congrats again Mambo for having yet another winning submission!
You may now submit !_!

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Origin Pulse Clauncher

Despite Clauncher's neat ability, it never gained a substantial foothold as a special attacker, thanks to its mediocre offensive stats. The addition of Origin Pulse could turn Clauncher into an utterly deadly Choice Scarf user, as it reaches 21 Speed and has U-turn, meaning it has virtually no switch ins. Spritzee and Vullaby, defensive titans of the tier are 2HKOed by Mega Launcher boosted Origin Pulse. Ferroseed and Croagunk are great counters to Clauncher, but if it uses U-turn, it can simply bring in a teammate equipped to deal with them. Clauncher can also opt for the appropriate Hidden Power type in order to beat them.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Going for the hat trick here. Proposing Joltik with Sticky Web and Thunder

Flavor:
Joltik is a spider. Spiders can make webs. These webs are known to be sticky. Sass aside, it only makes sense that Joltik would be able to use Sticky Web. Its evolved form, Galvantula, learns it and it's actually quite criminal that Joltik can't use it as well. As for Thunder, Joltik is part Electric-type, so the typing of the move doesn't clash with the Pokemon's type. Joltik also has access to Compound Eyes, which, in tandem with Thunder, allows Joltik to do some serious damage. Galvantula also learns Thunder, so it makes sense that Joltik would be able to learn the move as well, regardless of how tiny it may be.

Analysis:
Sticky Web would increase Joltik's viability tremendously. With Compound Eyes Thunder, Joltik could provide its team with solid utility and a fearsome offensive presence. Surskit would be cast into the shadows in favor of Joltik, as the more accurate STAB move makes Joltik a superior option in most cases. It also hits 17 Speed, tying Surskit, along with a lot of common Taunt and Rapid Spin users.

Moveset:
Joltik would run a very similar set to Surskit, just with its own STAB moves and Hidden Power Ground to nail Magnemite, which resists both of its STABs. Sucker Punch could also be used to hit faster Pokemon and Joltik does have a couple of cool support moves, such as Camouflage.
Joltik @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Dark + Fairy type Purrloin
upload_2015-1-23_17-55-39.png

The Aesthetics are all there, It looks so cute, and like it is plotting to rip your head out. It reminds me of those fairies that pretend to be something else, and lure you to their base to eat you.

It would give it some solid resistances (Particularly Fighting) as well as a new immunity. That might put it up in the Rankings. It should also get Baby Doll Eyes (I mean look at those eyes) and the Kiss based moves.

Moveset

Purrloin @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
Level: 5
EVs: 220 Atk/ 36 HP/ 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Dark + Fairy type Purrloin View attachment 34426
The Aesthetics are all there, it would give it some solid resistances as well as a new immunity. That might put it up ever so slightly in the Rankings. It should also get Baby Doll Eyes and the Kiss based moves

Moveset

Purrloin
Unless you provide more reasoning as to why it should these, I can't accept it. ;;

Mime Jr!

+3 HP (50 Base HP)
Added move Draining Kiss

God have I wanted mime Jr to be good for so long. So gamefreak saw fit to bestow him with an amazing fairy type and a powerful abilitiy in technician. BUT he didn't get a freaking fairy move to go with it (somehow not even dazzling gleam).

Now with a bit more bulk and technician turning draining kiss into a better typed giga drain, mime jr would be ready to tear up some shit. He already has a whole lot of other interesting things going on for him too. With a massive movepool including such gems as calm mind & nasty plot, not to mention a 90 BP hidden power, mime jr could be a real force to be reckoned with.

For example

Mime Jr. @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 40 SpA / 36 Spe
Ability: Technician
Bold Nature

Calm Mind
Draining Kiss
HP Ground
Psyshock / Psychic

Last edited:
I would like to nominate Regenerator Tentacool.
I could honestly slap regenerator on any defensive juggernaut without recovery, like Snubbull, but I chose Tentacool, because I think it would have a good effect on the meta. Flavor wise, althought Jellyfish can't actually regain their tentacles ( I actually searched that up), they have the appearance of being able to. Tangela also is basically covered in tentacles and has regenerator as well.

Tentacool has 2-ish things from holding it back. It's ability could be better (though is decent in the Foongus Matchup), and it doesn't have reliable Recovery. Otherwise, it could be one of the premiere defensive spinners in LC that is blessed with an amazing typing and cool movepool and stats. Regenerator gives Tentacool some recovery as well as a really strong ability Because of typing alone, Tentacool can handle some of the biggest threats in the meta game like Mienfoo, Spritzee, Ponytas lacking Wild Charge, and more. Tentacool also gives a great Rapid Spin option for stallier teams that usually resort to defog due to the lower defenses/HP of the current best Rapid Spinners. Fire types are also in a good metagame for them to thrive in, so Tentacool can be used as a good, reliable answer to most fire types. While building with Ferro/Spritz cores, I usually have Chinchou as a member just to deal with fire types, and I think Tentacool could definitely give Chinchou a run for it's money in that department. In conclusion, I think that with Regenerator, Tentacool will be a good anti-meta ish defensive force that can support teams well with Rapid Spin.

I would like to nominate Regenerator Tentacool.
I could honestly slap regenerator on any defensive juggernaut without recovery, like Snubbull, but I chose Tentacool, because I think it would have a good effect on the meta. Flavor wise, althought Jellyfish can't actually regain their tentacles ( I actually searched that up), they have the appearance of being able to. Tangela also is basically covered in tentacles and has regenerator as well.

Tentacool has 2-ish things from holding it back. It's ability could be better (though is decent in the Foongus Matchup), and it doesn't have reliable Recovery. Otherwise, it could be one of the premiere defensive spinners in LC that is blessed with an amazing typing and cool movepool and stats. Regenerator gives Tentacool some recovery as well as a really strong ability Because of typing alone, Tentacool can handle some of the biggest threats in the meta game like Mienfoo, Spritzee, Ponytas lacking Wild Charge, and more. Tentacool also gives a great Rapid Spin option for stallier teams that usually resort to defog due to the lower defenses/HP of the current best Rapid Spinners. Fire types are also in a good metagame for them to thrive in, so Tentacool can be used as a good, reliable answer to most fire types. While building with Ferro/Spritz cores, I usually have Chinchou as a member just to deal with fire types, and I think Tentacool could definitely give Chinchou a run for it's money in that department. In conclusion, I think that with Regenerator, Tentacool will be a good anti-meta ish defensive force that can support teams well with Rapid Spin.

Plus, some Jelly fish have the ability to give birth to themselves, See

Origin Pulse Clauncher

Despite Clauncher's neat ability, it never gained a substantial foothold as a special attacker, thanks to its mediocre offensive stats. The addition of Origin Pulse could turn Clauncher into an utterly deadly Choice Scarf user, as it reaches 21 Speed and has U-turn, meaning it has virtually no switch ins. Spritzee and Vullaby, defensive titans of the tier are 2HKOed by Mega Launcher boosted Origin Pulse. Ferroseed and Croagunk are great counters to Clauncher, but if it uses U-turn, it can simply bring in a teammate equipped to deal with them. Clauncher can also opt for the appropriate Hidden Power type in order to beat them.
This would directly go against game mechanic and as much as I love clauncher no mon can possibly use it bar kyogre.

I suggest Solid Rock Rhyhorn with +5 base Special Defense. (base 30 -> base 35)
Rhyhorn has no good abilities (Unless you're runny Rock Head/Reckless Head Smash which is garbage) and could benefit from this, since it has 6 weaknesses (2 of which are 4x weaknesses).

It makes sense flavor-wise because its a big, fat rock 'mon, and it's last-stage evolution, Rhyperior, also has Solid Rock.
It has amazing physical bulk but sub-par special bulk, and with the aforementioned boost it has 80 HP/95 Def/35 SpDef defensive stats. (which would give it maximum of 25/18/14 with a +SpDef nature before Eviolite) The Solid Rock boost would help it tank hits on both sides while dealing out good damage with it's base 85 attack stat (with a very interesting movepool including Earthquake, Rock STAB, Poison Jab, Crunch, Megahorn, and the Elemental Fangs) and setting up stealth rocks.

With these buffs, Rhyhorn could actually run the unique Double Dance (Rock Polish + Swords Dance) or just run one of the two set up moves, since its increased bulk allows it to set up easily.

However, Rhyhorn lacks reliable recovery except for a possible Rest + Sleep Talk set. This is also still very weak to special water/grass types, but very much reduces it's fighting and steel weaknesses, and to some extent, it's Ice weakness (since Ice is uncommon in LC).

I believe this could move Rhyhorn from unranked to D or even C- or C.

Last edited:
Watch this get deleted too rofl

Fighting Karrablast

New typing: Bug/Fighting

Moves: Dynamicpunch, U-Turn

Stat Debuff: -8 Speed --> 52 base speed

+Walls Fighting types with new typing
+Dynamicpunch gives it gr8 coverage
+STAB U-turn without being weak to rocks

-Fairy bait
-Fletch bait
-Struggles vs Gunk
-Gastly can piss on it
-No priority
-Debuff puts it in a bad spot

It's a ninja beetle, yet it lacks the typing and moves for it. Additionally, we need more Fighting types to check the others more effectively. I know we've got tons of fighting types, i feel that the pool is too narrow when it comes to how they function. To counter Dynamicpunch as a spammable move, I added a speed debuff to keep Karrablast out of Pawn's speed tier.

Also it's got stubby ass legs so it ought to be a tad slower.

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
gonna try this,

NASTY PLOT PORYGON.
no picture that wont cause seizures =P.
Its evolutions get it, why not it? You can see it plotting dastardly things in its head. Its evil schemes will kill you and your entire team.

On a more serious note, this would make polygon amazing. With Nasty Plot Tri Attack, it would be amazing, and with trace, it could have the potential to be a really good mon. In my opinion, it is really under used because of all the fighting types, and with no way to hit back at them, this could give this little seizure inducing computer virus a way to finally hit back.

Last edited:
tbh porygon really doesn't need a buff. despite what you say, it is very good and gets quite a bit of usage. fighting-types can force it out, but it deals a hefty amount of damage even to the bulkiest of fighting-types with psychic or a download boosted tri attack, and can paralyze fighting-types not named timburr if it runs thunder wave.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
tbh porygon really doesn't need a buff. despite what you say, it is very good and gets quite a bit of usage. fighting-types can force it out, but it deals a hefty amount of damage even to the bulkiest of fighting-types with psychic or a download boosted tri attack, and can paralyze fighting-types not named timburr if it runs thunder wave.
well then, it appears i'm wrong. I just don't see it a lot when i play for some reason.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
gonna try this,

NASTY PLOT PORYGON.

Its evolutions get it, why not it? You can see it plotting dastardly things in its head. Its evil schemes will kill you and your entire team.

On a more serious note, this would make polygon amazing. With Nasty Plot Tri Attack, it would be amazing, and with trace, it could have the potential to be a really good mon. In my opinion, it is really under used because of all the fighting types, and with no way to hit back at them, this could give this little seizure inducing computer virus a way to finally hit back.
erhm, please remove that image from the post.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Submissions closed. You can vote for:

Karrablast + Fighting-type, U-turn, and Dynamic Punch - 8 Speed (60 Speed -> 52 Speed) (boo836)
Porygon + Nasty Plot (Sammy-kun-sama)
Froakie + 4 Speed (71 -> 75) (macle)
Purrloin + Fairy-type (Owen Xekrain)
Rhyhorn + Solid Rock and 5 Special Defense (30 -> 35) (cityfolk)
Tentacool + Regenerator (SilentMango)
Mime Jr. + 3 HP (47 -> 50) and Draining Kiss (leingodf8)
Joltik + Sticky Web and Thunder (Mambo)
Clauncher + Origin Pulse (The Avalanches)

MIME JR. ALL THE WAY TBHIMO

By the way, if you don't win a certain round, you are allowed to resubmit the same Pokemon that was in the previous cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)