Project LC Teambuilding Competition 3.0: Week 3 [submissions]

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DatCoconut

A really solid team that I have seen doing great work in action. Munchlax is also a really cool underrated mon that deserves more use.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
DatCoconut

That is a cute Munchlax, even if rock types resist everything thrown at it, and it reminds me of CurseLax. Also it doesn't have archen and makes full use of the core as a more support core with D-Bond/pursuit and T-wave.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to Coconut for winning this week! Everyone posted really solid teams, thanks for making this week such a big success.
That aside, our next core is...

These two pokemon synergize together quite well. Snivy can't break past grass, steel, and poison types, which Numel handles well, while Snivy covers the water and ground types that worry Numel. Both of these pokemon have lower usage but can be very effective in the current meta. Credit to Cheek Pouch for suggesting the core. Excited to see what yall come up with.
Please note, you can now only use two of the following pokemon on your team: Mienfoo, Chinchou, Pawniard, and Archen. Have fun!
Submissions end the 24th.

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk if I'm allowed to enter but sorry if you hate this core Nine didn't tell me what this was for lol. Ayye come through

I'm so disgusting for this team.

Alright so we start out with the core.

Numel hits decently hard and has a good enough defensive typing to get by. Hates Water and Ground types though... Does anyone know of an offensive pokemon who can eat Water and Ground types for breakfast?

O rite Snivy. Leaf Storm spam hits basically everything pretty harshly except Steel, Fire, Grass, and Poison types. Anyone know of a tank that can take care of these? Numel I knew you'd guys catch on.

This is probably the most stupid thing I can say about this but this core loses to Ice Beam Chinchou and we all know what Chinchou's best switch in is... Itself. went for the bulky BJ set to deal with opposing chou and SD Fletch better.

Pancham is the fighter for the team (DIDNT want to go super standard with ScarFoo, but I think it could fit better) I opted for SD Set with Gunk Shot bc Im not worried about Foongus anyways, and it provides a win condition vs more bulky teams that Snivy may not be able to muscle pass early game.

My baby Drilbur keeps hazards off the field and it just hits really freaking hard. Best spinner in the tier as it stands. Using PJab in last slot to bop grass switchins.

Sashbra- the ebola. I'm so sorry for using this thing but the RK opportunities it offered were just too much to miss out on. Sashbra lets me stop basically any set up sweeper, since his team definitely likes to play recklessly, it can act as an amazing revenge killer.

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Glare
- Substitute

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect

Last edited:

Here's what i got for y'all. sparktrain and I were missing the glory days of Smash Tirt early this week so I threw this squad together.

Numel is operating its standard defensive set with simple instead of oblivious. I like to assume none of you are gonna attempt to attract or taunt this guy, and i feel pretty lucky with my ancient powers. Bops ferro too which is important for a team packing smash tirt.

Snivy is running the lordy SubGlare set which with a touch of hax, can change the course of a game completely.

Timburr is the obligatory fighting type, gives me knock off support and much needed priority.

Corphish has great synergy with tirt offensively and adds more priority and knock off support to wear down checks for a snivy or tirt sweep up.

Stunky covers the ever annoying abra which can cause this team trouble. Fire Blast bops pawn and helps further manage grass types which bother the team. It also provides necessary defog support to maintain tirt's sturdyjuice.

Tirtouga is the the main wincon on the team packing the classic smashtirt set with the addition of zen headbutt. absdaddy has me convinced that this coverage, which nails threats that can stall a tirt sweep, particularly gunk, is extremely effective, especially after rocks.

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 Atk / 116 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Zen Headbutt
- Shell Smash

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power

Snivy @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 104 Def / 108 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog
- Fire Blast

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Numel is my SR setter and is great for hard walling fire types and bopping anything that dares to switch in, really strong. Chose eviolite because I have wish support
Snivy is my cleaner that comes in near the end of the battle and just spams leaf storm once its counters are gone
Croagunk is one of my two priority abusers, I like him as a pawn counter and is generally useful on the team for ensuring I'm not maimed by toxic spikes and omanyte.
Spritzee is my wish passer and wincon vs stall
archen is my defogger so i'm not maimed by dwebble, also hits really hard breaking down walls for snivy. also is an emergency check for seed bomb zig
tirtouga just soaks up hits while dishing them out at the same time, knocking off threats and staying healthy with wish and stupid bulk
bird (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Skunk (Stunky) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 140 Def / 28 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

turtle (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

camel (Numel) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

plant (Snivy) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Ground]

fairy (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Edit: changed evio snivy to berry juice snivy and croagunk to stunky, works a lot better now

Last edited:

Numel is my SR setter and is great for hard walling fire types and bopping anything that dares to switch in, really strong. Chose eviolite because I have wish support
Snivy is my cleaner that comes in near the end of the battle and just spams leaf storm once its counters are gone
Croagunk is one of my two priority abusers, I like him as a pawn counter and is generally useful on the team for ensuring I'm not maimed by toxic spikes and omanyte.
Spritzee is my wish passer and wincon vs stall
archen is my defogger so i'm not maimed by dwebble, also hits really hard breaking down walls for snivy. also is an emergency check for seed bomb zig
tirtouga just soaks up hits while dishing them out at the same time, knocking off threats and staying healthy with wish and stupid bulk
bird (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

frog (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

turtle (Tirtouga) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet

camel (Numel) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

plant (Snivy) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Ground]

fairy (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
how do you even handle drilbur and gastly. Gastly is revenged by nothing and 2HKOs at worst your whole team, and drilbur 2HKOs your whole team after SR with minimal support and a weakened snivy, which isn't hard considering you're running eviolite sub.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Cheek Pouch
Your team isn't too bad but it suffers from a few prominent weaknesses, namely to opposing Life Orb Abra and Fletchdig combinations. LObra (with Energy Ball) is able to OHKO the entirety of your team except for Numel and your own Abra, which is problematic because neither is able to OHKO LObra, meaning if either has been weakened sufficiently and you lose the Abra vs Abra speed tie, your entire team is down. Every single one of your Fletchling checks is brought into Fletchling range or outright KOed by Diglett, which is problematic because neither Pancham nor Snivy are able to OHKO Fletchling, and Drilbur isn't either if Stealth Rock isn't up, allowing SD Fletchling to sweep without much trouble, and Flailtchling to sweep with even less. There are a few ways to remedy these issues, but I think that this is the most straight-foward fix:
Stunky @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Defog

This set allows Stunky to do the following things:
252+ Atk Life Orb Stunky Sucker Punch vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 17-21 (73.9 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21) (Usually KOs After Stealth Rock or Aftermath; Aftermath also gets rid of Flailtchling)
240 SpA Life Orb Abra Dazzling Gleam vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Stunky: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 18) (Survives Dazzling Gleam after switching into Stealth Rock twice)
0 SpA Life Orb Stunky Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Pawniard: 21-26 (100 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26) (Adamant can't do this)
edit: this is over drilbur

TheFenderStory
I feel like Scraggy could actually prove to be quite troublesome, be it the Choice Scarf or Dragon Dance variant, as Timburr, your only switch-in, is very quickly worn down or simply Knocked Off early in the match. Speaking of Timburr, opposing Bulk Up sets could also run you through if they can win the Bulk Up war against your own. In addition, if Stunky/Snivy have been adequately weakened or HP Ground/Substitute is carried, then opposing Snivy are quite problematic as well. Fortunately, there is a simple solution by simply changing up your Stunky set:
Stunky @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 HP / 12 Atk / 188 SpA / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Mild Nature
- Pursuit
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Acid Spray

Eviolite Stunky is outsped and KOed by Scarf Scraggy; on the other hand, Choice Scarf Stunky nabs a surprise revenge-kill with Play Rough. 14 SpA is needed to OHKO Snivy with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock, while Pursuit is there so that Stunky maintains its utility. Acid Spray allows Stunky to force Timburr into revenge-killing range from your own Snivy (or Numel if you're willing to risk the speed tie), as Leaf Storm KOs -2 Timburr after Aftermath; Timburr needs to be at +4 to OHKO Snivy with Mach Punch after Stealth Rock, but Acid Spray will KO Timburr before it is able to boost that far. Although Tirtouga is no longer to maintain Sturdy with hazards, I feel that this is still a trade-off worth making because Tirtouga looks to be your main Fletchling switch-in, so often, you will not be able to maintain Sturdy regardless.

tazz
This team struggles against three important Pokemon in Gothita, Abra, and Gastly. Gothita is able to effortlessly trap and revenge-kill half of your team, and you lack any switch-ins to the latter two, which are able to 2HKO everything you have. The Eviolite spam will make revenge-killing possible, but it will still put you at a severe disadvantage if they KO one or two Pokemon and severely weaken another, even if they lack switch-in opportunities. However, you can get rid of these weaknesses with this one easy trick:
Stunky @ Berry Juice
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Using Stunky over Croagunk shouldn't be too problematic because you already have stuff to check the things that Croagunk checks, and I think it's worth it because you can trap Gothita to prevent it from getting more than one KO, and eliminating the other two before they can get any at all.

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cheek Pouch
Your team isn't too bad but it suffers from a few prominent weaknesses, namely to opposing Life Orb Abra and Fletchdig combinations. LObra (with Energy Ball) is able to OHKO the entirety of your team except for Numel and your own Abra, which is problematic because neither is able to OHKO LObra, meaning if either has been weakened sufficiently and you lose the Abra vs Abra speed tie, your entire team is down. Every single one of your Fletchling checks is brought into Fletchling range or outright KOed by Diglett, which is problematic because neither Pancham nor Snivy are able to OHKO Fletchling, and Drilbur isn't either if Stealth Rock isn't up, allowing SD Fletchling to sweep without much trouble, and Flailtchling to sweep with even less. There are a few ways to remedy these issues, but I think that this is the most straight-foward fix:
Stunky @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Defog

This set allows Stunky to do the following things:
252+ Atk Life Orb Stunky Sucker Punch vs. 156 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 17-21 (73.9 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21) (Usually KOs After Stealth Rock or Aftermath; Aftermath also gets rid of Flailtchling)
240 SpA Life Orb Abra Dazzling Gleam vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Stunky: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(14, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 18) (Survives Dazzling Gleam after switching into Stealth Rock twice)
0 SpA Life Orb Stunky Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Pawniard: 21-26 (100 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26) (Adamant can't do this)

TheFenderStory
I feel like Scraggy could actually prove to be quite troublesome, be it the Choice Scarf or Dragon Dance variant, as Timburr, your only switch-in, is very quickly worn down or simply Knocked Off early in the match. Speaking of Timburr, opposing Bulk Up sets could also run you through if they can win the Bulk Up war against your own. In addition, if Stunky/Snivy have been adequately weakened or HP Ground/Substitute is carried, then opposing Snivy are quite problematic as well. Fortunately, there is a simple solution by simply changing up your Stunky set:
Stunky @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 HP / 12 Atk / 188 SpA / 28 SpD / 244 Spe
Mild Nature
- Pursuit
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
- Acid Spray

Eviolite Stunky is outsped and KOed by Scarf Scraggy; on the other hand, Choice Scarf Stunky nabs a surprise revenge-kill with Play Rough. 14 SpA is needed to OHKO Snivy with Fire Blast after Stealth Rock, while Pursuit is there so that Stunky maintains its utility. Acid Spray allows Stunky to force Timburr into revenge-killing range from your own Snivy (or Numel if you're willing to risk the speed tie), as Leaf Storm KOs -2 Timburr after Aftermath; Timburr needs to be at +4 to OHKO Snivy with Mach Punch after Stealth Rock, but Acid Spray will KO Timburr before it is able to boost that far. Although Tirtouga is no longer to maintain Sturdy with hazards, I feel that this is still a trade-off worth making because Tirtouga looks to be your main Fletchling switch-in, so often, you will not be able to maintain Sturdy regardless.

tazz
This team struggles against three important Pokemon in Gothita, Abra, and Gastly. Gothita is able to effortlessly trap and revenge-kill half of your team, and you lack any switch-ins to the latter two, which are able to 2HKO everything you have. The Eviolite spam will make revenge-killing possible, but it will still put you at a severe disadvantage if they KO one or two Pokemon and severely weaken another, even if they lack switch-in opportunities. However, you can get rid of these weaknesses with this one easy trick:
Stunky @ Berry Juice
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Using Stunky over Croagunk shouldn't be too problematic because you already have stuff to check the things that Croagunk checks, and I think it's worth it because you can trap Gothita to prevent it from getting more than one KO, and eliminating the other two before they can get any at all.
What do I put Stunky over???

So, submissions were supposed to close earlier, but I see no post saying that submissions are over. Therefore, I am going to post a team I made Monday and have been too busy to get to posting. (RIP Spring Break 2k15)

So, I have been obsessed with using King's Rock Shellder lately, and these two kind of help Shellder do what it likes to do. Numal and Snivy both help Shellder maintain a sweep, Snivy by supporting using Glare and bopping holes with Contrary Leaf Storms, and Numel by laying down Rocks and wisping things that may have priority to weaken Shellder, like Fletchling, Pawniard, and others. Wisp is also cool for giving some extra damage to annoying shitheads like Mienfoo and Chinchou. Spritzee is here to support Numel, mostly, but it is also a cool mon to use as a fighting check. Spritzee can also give Shellder an opportunity to sweep twice by having Wish and Cleric support. Mienfoo and Chinchou are here for momentum which is always nice to have. Chinchou is the standard innovation set, with Confuse Ray and double status. Scald and Thunder Wave. alongside Volt Switch. Parafusion is all innovation, and can sometimes help Chinchou to beat important threats to it, like Drilbur, Gothita, and Diglett. Mienfoo is standard bulky attacker with 17 Spe, though pure bulky attaker Mienfoo (with only 13 Spe) could play interesting for the team. It can provide slower U-turns into Shellder if need be, seeing as I am not using a Memento user such as Cottonee or Diglett. I also gave Mienfoo Acrobatics to further check Fighting-types, and it also helps Mienfoo kill Cottonee that think they can come in for free on Foo. That pretty much sums up what my team does. Innovation at its finest, people. #takeahint

buggy (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray

smug (Snivy) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]

cute (Numel) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / 236 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

pink (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Psychic
- Moonblast

yiff (Mienfoo) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

FLINCH HAX GOD!!!! (Shellder) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

EDIT: Here's a replay of the team kicking some ass on the ladder. Slaying everyone. This replay is excellent in showing how I tend to deal with threats that have the potential to really fuck with my team, which I also do not have general checks for in the long run. For instance, the opponent uses Doduo, Omanyte, and Bunnelby, which I quite clearly have no way to work around without prediction. As you can see, I play around all three of these threats. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-220520228
EDIT 2: This is a little late, but I did fix the team up a bit to help ease prediction slightly. (Gave Spritzee Psychic and Numel Ancient Power. I also am going to give Quick Claw Mienfoo a try to see if that works out)

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, sorry I'm a few hours late on this, but submissions are now closed! You can vote for:
Cheek Pouch
TheFenderStory
tazz
Pancham
We saw good submissions from everyone this week, I hope you had fun building! You may now vote, and remember to provide a sentence or two about why you picked what you did. Voting will close early on the 27th.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So if tazz actually makes the changes to the team beyond putting an edit note in (and nothing else) then tazz. Otherwise, Fender.

If tazz made the changes levi suggested (as the edit says) then it's an all around solid team not completely screwed over by certain threats that eliminate half the team due to a lack of a solid counter. If tazz doesn't actually change the importable team (aka not changing the team) then Fender's team is incredible because Smash is so incredible after Snivy has helped dent/remove most water types that resist his anti-croagunk Tirtouga.

EDIT: sorry for accidental first post

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Hmmm so the main build this round was core + fight + smash, with a 2-mon other core to cover weaknesses.

Cheek I enjoy your team I just have trouble seeing paths to victory with it - Snivy has always seemed like a mon that sets up other sweepers by breaking shit down, using knock off, and sniping with glare, and I dont see something that exploits that aid well.

Tazz v fender comes down to big tirt + spritzee + archen v smashtirt + timb + corphish. While sprtizee is a wonderful wincon and the two fossils make a good core, the seamless mixing of the dual water smashcore and the snivy-smash core (though I do like oma there) is too much offensive power - not to mention bulk up Timb for a seconday wincon.

Adam lambert your team seems like it's awesome to use, especially when you're feeling good about your predictions, but there are too many spots where if you don't play considerably better than your opponent, you can be set up on and swept. Since I'm bad I gotta vote Fender here

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TheFenderStory because of his amazing abs-inspired Tirtouga set & I've seen him ladder with it, with it easily nabbing wins

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
I absolutely love Fender's team. It has the right combination of defensive options and I love the SS Tirt.

TheFenderStory

Always great to see tirt putting in good work with a LEGIT set, and I've had an enjoyable time laddering with the team, so you got my vote!

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Numel everywhere ^-^

TheFenderStory

Shell Smash Tirtouga is really cool, and the team is overall well built.

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Fender's team is just flat out the best probably ('Cept that gross coverage for Tirt)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)