Tournament LC Old Gens League: Group Stage

Approved by Quote
LC Old Gens League

Hello and welcome once again to the first-ever Group Stage of the LC Old Gens League. Due to us unfortunately not quite hitting the 64-player signups goal, there will be an alteration to the format in that we will be following the “48-Player” format that I outlined in the sign-up OP but with 56 players instead. More on specific rules later.

To those of you who signed up and were unfortunately excluded, I can only apologize for the situation and let you know that I appreciate your interest and hope to see you in the next edition of the tour. Do standby though, in case folks want to drop out before they start to play.

General Tournament Rules:
General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
Battles should take place on the Pokemon Showdown or SmogTours server.
Replays must be saved and posted

Group Stage Format
The Group Stage will be split into 8 groups of 7 players, all of whom will share the same “home tier.” In the interest of actually getting games done, the groups were split roughly according to time zones in order to facilitate the most convenience in scheduling. Of course, some players may still experience some difficulties, (there are Australians in this tour) but hopefully it won’t prove to be too big of an issue. Each player will play the other 6 members of their group in a single round-robin Bo1 for a total of 6 games played. At the completion of all 6 games, the top 3 will advance to the Knockout Stage with the group winners advancing directly into the Quarterfinals. Tiebreakers will be determined by the head-to-head matchup.

The Group Stage will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Friday, March 13th. This means that you have 18 days to complete 6 games. This should not be an issue.

Groups

Sun Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
3​
3​
2​
1​
1​
2​
1​
1​
4​
4​
Seo.
2​
1​
1​
1​
1​

Moon Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
6​
2​
4​
6​
3​
3​
6​
3​
3​
6​
3​
3​
6​
3​
3​
6​
3​
3​
6​
4​
2​

X Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
5​
3​
2​
2​
2​
5​
3​
2​
4​
1​
3​
4​
2​
2​
4​
3​
1​

Y Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
3​
3​
GOAO
4​
3​
1​
2​
2​
3​
1​
2​
5​
5​
1​
1​

Black Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
5​
3​
2​
iss
3​
3​
4​
3​
1​
5​
4​
1​
6​
3​
3​
6​
2​
4​
Cam
5​
2​
3​

White Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
4​
4​
4​
3​
1​
6​
3​
3​
1​
1​
3​
1​
2​
Drud
2​
1​
1​
4​
4​

Diamond Group
User​
Games Played​
Wins​
Losses​
Yami
5​
1​
4​
6​
2​
4​
4​
4​
5​
2​
3​
6​
5​
1​
KSG
4​
4​
Plas
6​
4​
2​

Pearl Group

UserGames PlayedWinsLosses
2​
2​
4​
3​
1​
iKiQ
1​
1​
1​
1​
2​
2​

Knockout Stage
The first Knockout round will begin on Sunday, March 15th, and matchups will be determined by a randomly seeded draw* between the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the Group Stage. During the Knockout stage, players will play their opponent in a Bo3 series where the first 2 games of the series will be in each of the players’ “home tiers.” The deciding game 3 will be played in a “neutral site tier” to be decided upon between the players when scheduling, or in the same tier as games 1 and 2 should both players have the same “home tier.” Winners of the first round will move on to the Quarterfinals where they will again be randomly seeded and drawn against the Group Stage winners.
*Note: Players from the same group will not be allowed to play each other in the first round of the draw.

Tier Specific Rules and Resources

SM

SM will be the same as it was when the generation finished its lifecycle. It was contemplated to institute some changes, likely either a Vullaby or Webs banning, but no consensus was reached in the planning phase of this tour. So SM games in this tour will follow standard SM LC clauses.
SM VR
SM Analyses

ORAS

ORAS will also not be altered for this tour and will follow standard ORAS LC clauses.
ORAS VR
ORAS Analyses

BW

BW is where things change, as both Misdreavus and all Sleep inducing moves (Spore, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis, etc.) will be banned. Misdreavus has long been cited as a problem for BW LC that has gone unchanged, and this tour will give us an opportunity to explore the meta in a new light. Sleep moves being banned is a decision made in accordance with their recent banning in BW OU as Sleep has come to be considered a broken mechanic in the 5th Generation. Other than that, all other standard BW LC clauses apply. I hope that these changes will entice people to give the tier another shot and hopefully change the meta for the better.
BW VR
BW Analyses (Not really all that useful with such a big shakeup, but here they are anyway)

DPP

DPP will also see changes as all Sleep inducing moves will be banned here as well. This decision has been made with the perception and understanding that the previous ban of just Hypnosis was not enough to fix the problem with Sleep in DPP. Other than that, all standard DPP LC clauses apply.
DPP VR
DPP Analyses

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to the nature of this tour, it is imperative that players play all of their Group Stage games. Please DO NOT quit the tour during the Group Stage, doing so is not fair to the rest of the participants and I won’t sub people in if games have already been played. If you feel that you cannot commit to playing at least 6 games, please request a sub immediately and before you begin playing.
Additionally; Replays will be 100% REQUIRED for this tour. You may hide them, I guess, (just know I will think you’re kinda lame) but you must post them in your match reports.

DEADLINE: Friday, March 13th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5)

Best of luck to all competitors!
Feel free to come to me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Voltix31 | SM | ORAS, DPP
RahelGamer03 | SM | ORAS, BW, DPP

Lightscreener | SM | DPP
M rodrigues | SM | DPP
Raygordon | ORAS | BW, DPP
Luthier | SM |

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)