LC CCAT--I have to Axew a question (FINISHED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croagunk

Just because it is a nice glue in checking scraggy and shell smashers. It also has a piosen immunity.

I didnt contribute to much to this ccat but none the less i think this team kicks ass and i cant wait to see it in action!

croagunk

Zen Headbutt Scraggy does not destroy us as we also have Timburr, who does:

252 Atk Timburr Mach Punch vs 0 HP/0 Def Eviolite Scraggy: 42.86% - 57.14% (2-3 hits to KO)

which is almost always 9 HP.

Croagunk's Fake Out:

28 Atk Croagunk Fake Out vs 0 HP/0 Def Eviolite Scraggy: 14.29% - 19.05% (6-7 hits to KO)

or almost always 3 HP

Croagunk's Vacuum Wave:

108 SpAtk Croagunk Vacuum Wave vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Eviolite Scraggy: 42.86% - 57.14% (2-3 hits to KO)

Or almost always 9 HP. 3 + 9 + 9 = 21, or the HP standard Scraggy has.

Ok there's no chance of an upset, so it looks like CROAGUNK is the final teammate!

LOOKS LIKE THE TEAM IS DONE, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:

Axew (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 44 Def / 36 SDef / 140 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Chop
- Protect
- Outrage

Ponyta (F)
Jolly : Flame Body
36 HP / 156 Def / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Sunny Day

move 1: Recover
move 2: Energy Ball
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Hidden Power Rock
item: Eviolite
ability: Storm Drain
nature: Calm
evs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD / 16 Spe

Timburr (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 SDef / 76 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SpA)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 40 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SDef / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt / Heal Bell

Croagunk (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fake Out
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Drain Punch

Axew (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 68 HP / 220 Atk / 44 Def / 36 SDef / 140 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Outrage
- Dual Chop

Ponyta (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Def / 76 SDef / 196 Spd
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Lileep (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 144 Def / 28 SAtk / 64 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Recover

Timburr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Misdreavus (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 76 SAtk / 76 SDef / 236 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Croagunk (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 28 Atk / 36 Def / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball

Well we can't stop here! Now that we have the completed team...it's up to YOU ALL to test it out with your friends and on ladder, look for flaws, look for things to improve it! Aside from Axew...NONE of these slots are final. We'll give it a testing phase, and throughout the whole period, we should be discussing our thoughts on the team. After that, I'll post a phase in which we nominate changes that we think will benefit the team as a whole, and we'll vote on those. As of now, let's test this baby out! While I personally think we all did a very good job to get to this point, we need to work even harder than we did before in order to perfect the team.

Get testing! And get discussing! Post logs if you have them so we can see the team performing particularly well or particularly poorly.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Painful SubRoost Murkrow weakness. Conservatively played, it will absolutely wreck this team.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
murkrow actually has difficulty switching into pracically every goddamn pokemon. it fears crogunks and timburrs priority, and cannot hope to take their drain punches+priority. missy it can threaten if it gets a free turn but i dont think it will switch in with fear of WoW. lileep can easily take 2 bravebirds from lol eviolite murkrow, and can probably (idk exactly) 2hko with hp rock. it doesnt actually fear axew specifically, but it cant really take an +1 outrage, and axew will easily take a sucker punch. and you never want murkrow against ponyta cause it always gets burned lol

i see a really fucking bad drilbur weakness. lo 4 attack drillbur constantly puts pressure on this team, and while it only gets 2hkos if it comes in after something dies its probably going to get at least 1 kill.

featherdance natu can be annoying too

edit: actually furai's stunky haxxed missy (wow miss, pursuit crit) so missy was dead. If missy were still alive, natu wouldn't be a threat i guess

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i see a really fucking bad drilbur weakness. lo 4 attack drillbur constantly puts pressure on this team, and while it only gets 2hkos if it comes in after something dies its probably going to get at least 1 kill.
This is true of any team that doesn't pack Bronzor along with a Grass-type but yeah sure.

I have a bit of a question on Axew, how good is its early game spammability? Obviously I can see why you'd want to wait till late game to start setting up, but if the opponent's Steel types are eliminated have people had success Outraging very early on so that the sweep will be easier later? I only ask because I don't really know what its bulk is like but yeah sure.

Axew has surprising bulk. I have been relishing any opportunity to set up early to mid game, as the dents it puts in the opposing team make it really really really easy to win. I'm really digging Axew, and this team tbh. I also don't think the Drilbur weakness is as bad as you're making it out to be. The only thing it threatens is Ponyta and Croagunk. Everything else can take a hit and retaliate. Ponyta can also use Sunny Day, reducing Drilbur's Speed, and retaliate by OHKOing with Flare Blitz.

Guys, I know the new Little Cup tutors are cool and we have things we want to try, but I don't want to see the CCAT we put so much work into die. When this CCAT ends, we're going to go for a new one, with the new meta. But can we please please please try and finish this one up with the old meta, write an RMT, and move on? I refuse to see this thing die when we have the six Pokemon and are TESTING the damn thing.

I need suggestions, recommendations, playtests, etc if we're going to edit the team accordingly. Please everyone...let's finish what we're so close to finishing!

Hola senors y senoritas

I played with this CCAT a little bit before the updates so it's time for some real talk. During the early stages of this CCAT, Ponyta was chosen to beat up Steel-types for Axew. At the time, Ponyta seemed like an easy pick; it's bulky, it's cute, and it's powerful. But, times have changed. We now have completed team with 2 Fighting-types; steel-types don't do anything to this team. With Ponyta's role being covered by Timburr and Croagunk, and the fact that without Rapid Spin support, Ponyta isn't living long, I decided to replace Ponyta. Replacing Ponyta didn't come lightly. Without Ponyta, I knew this team would be weak to VoltTurn(MARCELO), and Larvesta. Additionally, I didn't want something else that was weak to Drilburr. Mienfoo with Stone Edge was the first thing I thought of. After some more deeper thinking, I decided that we really didnt need that, especially since Flareblitz still hurts like hell. I opted for Tirtouga!

name: Support
move 1: Scald
move 2: Rock Slide
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Aqua Jet / Protect
item: Eviolite
ability: Solid Rock
nature: Relaxed
evs: 244 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 236 SpD

Tirtouga was pretty nice. We were pretty weak to SubKrow and Tirtouga fixed that up. Tirtouga also whoops Larvesta. Moveset is standard but I like Rock Slide for SubKrow over Stone Edge. Idk why I had Aqua Jet, it should probably be something else, but I like priority. Tirtouga didn't help too much against VoltTurn but only Marcelo uses that so it's aight.

Bronzor wreaks the two current fighting types(especialy croagunk). Tirtouga opens this team up to missy with taunt/wow/shadow ball. Only our own missy can stand some chance against it but then it cant switch in and it has a 50% chance to loose the speed tie and die to the second shadow ball.

Edit: i still say chinchou needs to be on this team

Ray Jay

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question, even though this was from a bygone era can we use Superpower > Protect on Axew? For obvious reasons

@Trakyan: I've never seen a Taunt + WoW Misdreavus in my life, other than the CCAT. Bronzor doesn't wreck Timburr if it gets a boost before Bronzor switches in. Adding Chinchou makes us super SandMag weak so we probably don't want that. We have Lileep for Misdreauvs, Trakyan T_T

I have a question, even though this was from a bygone era can we use Superpower > Protect on Axew? For obvious reasons
Check the op.. Sorry guys I lost power so I can't really look at this for a few days, and can barely make this post. Please, do like sir, and nominate your exact changes (what set / tweaks and over what) and when i get back we'll discuss what gets kept.

Ray Jay

I get that it's for the Black / White meta, but why build a team for a meta no one is playing...

I would think because the teams and sets were made entirely for the old meta..switching it over now might be hard...unless that's something you'd like to do to mae this CCAT more applicable?

Everyone, want to update the team for BW2 to make completing the CCAT more fun?

personally i didn't contribute to the building of this team at all. all i did was read the entire building process, so my opinion shouldn't really count on the matter. perhaps the playtesting should be carried through though. after you figured out it's weaknesses in the new meta, y'all could edit it from there. Perhaps give people a week or too to playtest some more?

I personally want to keep this bw1 as I plan on hosting another ccat to kick off bw2. Forthat, I wouldreally appreciate you guys helping me out and testing this for the bw1 meta, against your friends or somthing. I'd really appreciate the help in finishing this for bw1 as originially intended and designed, so we can kick off another one specifically for bw2.

..please?

Well, i dont know but a suggestion is something to counter mixkrow, we have lileep but thats one thing while murkrow can brave bird/drill peck timbur and croagunk if it switches in after a kill or something(maybe in on payback i dunno, shadow ball too.), it can dark pulse or suckerpunch missy, dark pulse ponyta and hit axew as it sets up or something followed by a suckerpunch. I'm also not to confident in lileeps ability to switch in and take two brave birds without being at optimal HP which is rarely the case, you dont tend to get free turns to recover.

A more solid counter to that would be nice, a diglet may be able to pick a few of this teams pokemon off with a LO. Sandshrew too perhaps as it has physical bulk to let it take hits from ponyta, unboosted axew, unboosted timbur and perhaps croagunk, score a +2 and hit the team hard if lileep is weakened (or if it opts for x scissor i think it 2HKOs lileep). If its not a set up sandshrew(lacking SD) it could knock off lileep on its first switch in then KO it with two x scissors i think, if its a four attacks set then it hits this team pretty hard with earthquake/rock slide/x scissor/night slash.

Basically with a SD under its belt(not to hard actually with its bulk) it can 2HKO this whole team from what i see with a set of rock slide/swords dance/earth quake/x scissor.

This team has notable problems to LO Murkrow, LO Drilbur, and LO Diglett. I'm all for Sir's suggestion of a bulky Tirtouga, if that means anything. If that's the case, and we replace Ponyta with Tirtouga, then I believe we might want to do some changing with Lileep or Misdreavus's set.

im not to sure how tirtouga serves as much of a check to diglet or drilbur as it cant switch in and im not sure if aqua jet actualy OHKOs drillbur, im wondering if it can take EQ from drillbur or EQ+sucker punch from diglet.

Ray Jay

Yup, I'm all for adding Tirtouga; then we should change Lileep to Toxic > HP Rock!

I dunno about Sir's set though, as Trakyan is correct...that tirtouga doesn't even come close to ohkoing Drilbur. I like Shell Smash, but dunno if it fits.

We already have axew as a cleaner/sweeper and timbur to clean up or punch holes, i think we need a more supportive mon, also if we change toxic>HP rock on lileep it will only have energy ball, subkrow will have a feild day the way i see it.

Im wondering about shelmet or shroomish somewhere, maybe anorith.
Shelmet can take EQs from drillbur, diglet and sandshrew and gets hit by the weaker coverage move on drillbur(rock slide) which sadly gets that 30% flinch chance, it also has spikes which helps axew.
Shroomish has spore which provides set up turns for axew or timburr and can take EQs as well but gets hit by drilbur and sandshrews strongest coverage move, x scissor, also a secondary(or third if we counter axew) chinchou check.
Anorith has decent bulk, gets STAB rock blast to hit subkrow and murkrow in general, its got 18 speed which is decent, good attack and even set up moves, knock off(really helps axew), stealth rock, rapid spin and other options up its sleeve, a bit lacking in coverage though but it can soften bronzor into axews range to finnish it with outrage in one or two hits, +2 x scissor hits pretty hard.

I'm stuck on sets but those are my suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)