Project LC Battle of the Week (Week 22: Battle Stage)

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I was just wondering if we could manage to get some of these battles commentated on and turned into videos. It would be cool if we got one of the players to do this, but obviously lots wouldn't want to (I'd hate to commentate on videos lol), but someone external could be doing this. I asked PumpHead about this already since he does videos, and he said he'd be happy to.
Obviously, I'd need to speak with the people who run youtube/twitch or whatever to see if uploading them to Smogon would be plausible (probably only try to get a couple of the really intense battles uploaded, not every single one) - if not, we can just link them in the OP to someone else's channel ~ I'm sure PumpHead or whoever else runs YT channels wouldn't mind a bit of advertisement!
On that note, it would be nice if the battlers spoke about their thought processes during the battle - not every single turn by turn, but a couple of the more important turns and an overall gameplan - this would really help an external commentator.

Just thoughts for now, but if we get a couple of people on board, I'm sure we could make it work!

Hello! I was just wondering if we could manage to get some of these battles commentated on and turned into videos. It would be cool if we got one of the players to do this, but obviously lots wouldn't want to (I'd hate to commentate on videos lol), but someone external could be doing this. I asked PumpHead about this already since he does videos, and he said he'd be happy to.
Obviously, I'd need to speak with the people who run youtube/twitch or whatever to see if uploading them to Smogon would be plausible (probably only try to get a couple of the really intense battles uploaded, not every single one) - if not, we can just link them in the OP to someone else's channel ~ I'm sure PumpHead or whoever else runs YT channels wouldn't mind a bit of advertisement!
On that note, it would be nice if the battlers spoke about their thought processes during the battle - not every single turn by turn, but a couple of the more important turns and an overall gameplan - this would really help an external commentator.

Just thoughts for now, but if we get a couple of people on board, I'm sure we could make it work!
Great idea! This would be awesome to get going, always good to hear the thoughts of those who are actually in the battle and why they do certain things.

On a side note, after the battles are done, this thread could be used for everyone to discuss the battle and give their thoughts. For example; What was a crucial misplay, clutch prediction, turning point, etc. in the battle? What did you think of the players' teams and the overall synergy and their win condition? What's something to be learned from this battle? I could change the format and leave a day for discussing the battle and start the nomination stage slightly later, if people would be interested in that.

Edit: Not sure what happened with fitzy today, he didn't respond to apt-get or I even though he was on irc. Hopefully they can play some other time n_n

Last edited:
Fitzy and apt-get have had trouble scheduling their match, hopefully they can find another time to do it, but the show must go on. Week 2 nominations can begin now, and i'll post in this thread as soon as they finally get a time to battle.

Edit: Forgot to mention, don't vote for apt-get or fitzy, as you can't play two weeks in a row.

Last edited:
Rules and Miscellaneous Info:
Don't spam vote. The main goal is to help newcomers to LC better understand the battle strategies that top players talk about in the forums in a real battle, so it's counterproductive to pit two players with limited XY LC experience against one another.
Please keep this rule in mind. It is not ok to make someone battle just because you think it would be funny or you'd get a laugh out of it. It's pretty obvious that some of you are just voting players that you don't respect/think are very good. If you continue doing this I will completely disregard any votes you submit in the future.

Edit: Thanks to those who have edited their post to reflect who they actually want to battle.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)