Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Seaking

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Whiscash

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Wishiwashi

Votes: 21 14.3%

• Total voters
How does this team deal with Cloyster, CB Weavile, and DDNite? I've ended up with similar builds to this team myself, and patching up the holes is a difficult task.

How does this team deal with Cloyster, CB Weavile, and DDNite? I've ended up with similar builds to this team myself, and patching up the holes is a difficult task.
Cloyster is dealt with using Heatran. It lives even +2 Adamant Liquidation in return. Tapu Bulu, Heatran, and Clefable work together to take on Dnite depending on the situation. Bulu can Toxic, Heatran can Toxic in terrain, and Clefable spams Moonblast.

sick team as always pinkacross!

I have a ghost of knowledge in OU. Can you build a Darmanitan HO team? I have one and want to see in it’s final form.
Thanks.
Darmanitan HO seems fun. A bit cheese, but if you want to make it work I'd recommend Belly Drum + Flame Charge on Webs and/or Screens.

Did you have problems with hail?
252 Atk Arctozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 160-189 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
^ with life orb it 2hkos
4 SpA Arctozolt Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 259-306 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Did you have problems with hail?
252 Atk Arctozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 160-189 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
^ with life orb it 2hkos
4 SpA Arctozolt Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 259-306 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lanturn should do well against it.

I think Blaziken and Lele should be added to the threat list. SD Blaziken literally 6-0s unless you can get them to recoil themselves to death and specs Lele hurts everything with psychic or psyshock.

I've also found that knock off Lando doesn't really have an issue clicking knock off on all of your pokemon

I think Blaziken and Lele should be added to the threat list. SD Blaziken literally 6-0s unless you can get them to recoil themselves to death and specs Lele hurts everything with psychic or psyshock.

I've also found that knock off Lando doesn't really have an issue clicking knock off on all of your pokemon

Yeah I definitely second the blaziken . A well played blaziken is definitely threatening as wallbreaker and cleaner and can claim 2 kills easily because the fire resist is lantern which doesn't take CC well specially with grassy terrain improving its longevity combined with the fact blaziken can run protect.

It's definitely manageable though but requires aggressive play , like toxic on bulu and then using double protect stall between clef and heatran, both of who can threaten to 2hko it. Tornadus can live one unboosted flare Blitz and threaten with hurricane.

Tapu lele on the other hand imo is also threatening ( but when isn't it lol) but it's more manageable in practice due to double protect to scout the choice lock and everything on the team being able to live at least one of its moves bar maybe kartana which can at least outspeed and ohko specs variants

Blaziken yes, thats a big threat indeed. Literally 6 0 is not true, but it can often claim 2 kills even if properly managed. Specs Lele, not really. This team deals with Lele better than most.

Knock off lando kinda clicks on everything in general. You have Torn, you can Flame Body fish with Heatran, Bulu Toxics in return (which is a good trade).

Literally 6 0 is not true
How is it not? Everything is ohko'd, nothing can stay in, there is no priority, there is no burn fishing with heatran and everything is slower. On top of that, blaziken doesn't have to SD.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1668878021

This is every game I have against blaziken. They eventually get blaziken in on bulu and the game is immediately lost after 1 swords dance. Even if I hit the toxic it's going to claim 3 mons (nevermind the fact that it can just flare blitz right off the bat on bulu instead of SD'ing). This was even a relatively low rank game at 1600s (I don't use separate accounts to test teams, this account has 2k games, I usually hover in low 1800s).

How is it not? Everything is ohko'd, nothing can stay in, there is no priority, there is no burn fishing with heatran and everything is slower. On top of that, blaziken doesn't have to SD.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1668878021

This is every game I have against blaziken. They eventually get blaziken in on bulu and the game is immediately lost after 1 swords dance. Even if I hit the toxic it's going to claim 3 mons (nevermind the fact that it can just flare blitz right off the bat on bulu instead of SD'ing). This was even a relatively low rank game at 1600s (I don't use separate accounts to test teams, this account has 2k games, I usually hover in low 1800s).
That game you definitely misplayed a lot though. You needed to have preserved Lanturn and kept your sacks like Bulu and Clefable, which comfortably tank Close Combat, healthy so it forces Blaziken to click Flare Blitz and chip itself down. However, I don't really understand why you are lacking Tornadus. It's instrumental to how you deal with Blaziken, so no wonder you are struggling so much if you're using Corviknight.

Even if I hit the toxic it's going to claim 3 mons (nevermind the fact that it can just flare blitz right off the bat on bulu instead of SD'ing). This was even a relatively low rank game at 1600s (I don't use separate accounts to test teams, this account has 2k games, I usually hover in low 1800s).
Well missing the toxic is big. If you toxic the blaziken and play well in the other ways as Smashburn highlights above, blaziken at most takes 2 mons. Recoil damage + toxic damage means blaziken for example can only take bulu and one more mon before it goes down , and that's not including potential luck with multiple protects to enhance the toxic damage.

It's certainly a big threat though as taking out 2 mons can really open up the other offensive teammates blaziken tends to be paired with. But that's still not 6-0 terriority

Awesome Team man, Im quite new to the game but ive been playing a lot and I enjoyed your Teams including this one.

one question though, is it okay to run stone edge over toxic since it hits tornadus and zapdos very hard while toxic doesnt bother tornadus too much because of regenerator usually from what ive noticed. Also any Merit running Superpower over close combat because of the spd not dropping afterwards since it usually gets threatened out after 1 KO anyways at least for me. (Might just be me being too inexperienced with the game for now though lol)

Best Regards,

Awesome Team man, Im quite new to the game but ive been playing a lot and I enjoyed your Teams including this one.

one question though, is it okay to run stone edge over toxic since it hits tornadus and zapdos very hard while toxic doesnt bother tornadus too much because of regenerator usually from what ive noticed. Also any Merit running Superpower over close combat because of the spd not dropping afterwards since it usually gets threatened out after 1 KO anyways at least for me. (Might just be me being too inexperienced with the game for now though lol)

Best Regards,
Alright so here's why I run Toxic over Stone Edge:

1.) Toxic hits Unaware users like Clefable.
2.) Toxic is better against certain walls such as Buzzwole.
3.) Toxic can immediately cripple threatening switchins such as Tornadus or Zapdos, whereas Stone Edge requires setup.
4.) Toxic does in fact hurt Tornadus pretty significantly. If you Swords Dance as a Tornadus switches in, and then click Horn Leech with those 2 poison damages, Tornadus will be extremely low and next time (after Wishing up with Clefable) it'll faint. Or, if it misses Hurricane, you just take it out right there.

As for Superpower over Close Combat, sure, you can do this, but I personally prefer CC because:

1.) Close Combat can be used more effectively repeatedly against Corviknight and Skarmory without losing Attack.
2.) Superpower opens up for the opponent to double switch and cause you to lose Attack.
3.) Tapu Bulu is pretty easy to revenge after a Close Combat or a Superpower, so you might as well go with the one that doesn't drop Attack. 1 KO is all you need, just swap out and use the team's bulk to wall until another opportunity presents itself.

Alright so here's why I run Toxic over Stone Edge:

1.) Toxic hits Unaware users like Clefable.
2.) Toxic is better against certain walls such as Buzzwole.
3.) Toxic can immediately cripple threatening switchins such as Tornadus or Zapdos, whereas Stone Edge requires setup.
4.) Toxic does in fact hurt Tornadus pretty significantly. If you Swords Dance as a Tornadus switches in, and then click Horn Leech with those 2 poison damages, Tornadus will be extremely low and next time (after Wishing up with Clefable) it'll faint. Or, if it misses Hurricane, you just take it out right there.

As for Superpower over Close Combat, sure, you can do this, but I personally prefer CC because:

1.) Close Combat can be used more effectively repeatedly against Corviknight and Skarmory without losing Attack.
2.) Superpower opens up for the opponent to double switch and cause you to lose Attack.
3.) Tapu Bulu is pretty easy to revenge after a Close Combat or a Superpower, so you might as well go with the one that doesn't drop Attack. 1 KO is all you need, just swap out and use the team's bulk to wall until another opportunity presents itself.
Alright thank you for the elaborate response, looking at it like this makes a lot more sense. Great work on the team and thanks for explaining it to me ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)