Kommo-o [QC 0/3]

Kommo-o

/

75 HP / 110 Atk / 125 Def / 100 SpA / 105 SpD / 85 Spe

[OVERVIEW]

• Great Attack and Special Attack allows it to be able to run either physical, special, or mixed sets successfully
  • Solid all-around bulk means Kommo-o can usually afford to tank a few attacks
  • Access to a decent amount of coverage moves, including Flamethrower, Earthquake, Poison Jab and Rock Slide
  • A plethora of boosting moves, such as Dragon Dance, Autotomize, Belly Drum, Bulk up and Swords Dance
  • Great ability in Bulletproof, checking some Shadow Ball and Focus Blast users
  • Lack of a powerful and consistent Fighting type STAB move
  • Often finds itself outclassed by other Dragon types such as Hydreigon, Latios, Dragonite, and Zygarde
  • Is also sometimes outclassed by other Fighting types such as Keldeo and Terrakion
  • Weaknesses to four common types: Flying, Ice, Psychic, and 4x to Fairy
  • 110 Attack and 100 Special Attack often finds it hard to overpower certain walls
[SET]
Name: Dragon Dance
Move 1: Outrage
Move 2: Sky Uppercut
Move 3: Poison Jab
Move 4: Dragon Dance
Item: Life Orb / Poisonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Outrage makes up for Kommo-o's okay Attack stat
  • Sky Uppercut is a decent Fighting STAB that usually OHKOs targets weak to it
  • Poison Jab is a good emergency option against several Fairy types that trouble Kommo-o, and OHKOes some key threats that it normally couldn't if used with Poisonium Z
  • Dragon Dance allows you to set up, and Kommo-o often finds itself forcing switches to get this opportunity
Set Details
========
  • Maximum Attack and Speed EVs are to maximize Kommo-o's damage output and speed
  • Life Orb maximizes Kommo-o's attacking power and does a good job at patching up its okay Attack; Life Orb Kommo-o hits noticeably harder than Lum Berry Dragoni
  • Poisonium Z is another very good item, ensuring the OHKO on Fairy types such as Azumarill, Clefable, and Togekiss when it normally could not at +1
  • Adamant Kommo-o outspeeds Scarf users with <111 Speed at +2 (Something Dragonite cannot do) Notably passing Latios, Terrakion, Kartana, and others
  • Bulletproof helps as an immunity to some special attacks that would normally dent it considerably
Usage Tips
========
  • Used as a mid to late-game sweeper
  • Used when the Fairy, Psychic, and Flying types that trouble Kommo-o are gone.
  • Kommo-o is weak to faster Ice and Dragon types, so it cannot set up when they are active.
  • It is usually switched in on special walls and attackers that Kommo-o takes neutral damage from
  • Not the best revenge killer, so only faint weakened slower Pokemon if necessary
Team Options
========
  • Kommo-o really appreciates a Fairy check, which offensive Magearna is almost completely perfect for as it covers each and every single one of its weaknesses, destroys Fairy types, and checks Ice and Dragon very well, while Kommo-o can switch into many Fire attacks
  • Sometimes it simply lacks the power to faint bulkier threats, so Stealth Rock setters like Hippowdon and Heatran are wanted due to the hazards plus the residual Sandstorm damage in Hippowdon's case
  • Klefki is a very good teammate for Kommo-o as it can set dual screens, allow Kommo-o a free Dragon Dance opportunity with Fairy Lock, and check every single weakness it has
====================================================

[SET]
Name: Special Setup
Move 1: Clanging Scales
Move 2: Flash Cannon
Move 3: Focus Blast
Move 4: Autotomize
Item: Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Nature: Modest
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Clanging Scales is the main, spammable Dragon STAB
  • Focus Blast, although innacurate, hits very hard for its Fighting STAB
  • Flash Cannon allows you to seriously dent the Fairies that Kommo-o has trouble against, especially after an Autotomize where you outspeed nearly all of them
  • Autotomize doubles speed, paving the way for an easy sweep
Set Details
========
  • 136 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Scarf Landorus-T and below after Autotomize
  • 252 Special Attack and a Modest maximizes damage
  • Rest is put into HP to be able to take hits before setting up
  • Life Orb increases your power noticeably, but Leftovers allow for some passive recovery
Usage Tips
========
  • Use mid to late-game, when the faster Fairy/Flying/Ice/Dragon/Psychic types are fainted
  • Use when the oponnent brings a wall/tank that Kommo-o scares out
  • Kommo-o is an excellent Baton Pass receiver as it likes the extra Special Attack from Nasty Plot users
Team Options
========
  • Nasty Plot Baton Passers such as Celebi and Togekiss are excellent partners for Kommo-o
  • Again, Magearna has amazing offensive synergy with Kommo-o, so it is a very valuable teammate
  • Toxapex can switch into many Kommo-o checks, stack residual damage with Toxic Spikes, and maintain momentum with Regenerator
  • Excadrill resists almost all of the Pokemon that check Kommo-o
Other Options
========
  • A very interesting set for Kommo-o involves using Z-Belly Drum plus Autotomize, which can effectively sweep unprepared teams, but gets limited coverage, making the list of Pokemon that wall it longer
  • A Choice Specs set involves the use of a very spammable Clanging Scales, hitting very hard, but this set is usually outclassed by other Specs users such as Hydreigon and Latios
  • Lum Berry can be a great choice to confidently switch in to Scalds and acts as a 1-time cure to crippling status, but Kommo-o misses the extra power
  • Kommo-o could patch up its average Speed with a Choice Scarf, but once again this is outclassed by other Dragon types such as Kyurem-Black and Garchomp

Checks and Counters
===================
Tapu Lele: Absolutely shuts Kommo-o down when not at +2, outspeeding, living, and OHKOing it with any of its STAB moves

Faster Dragon Types
: Dragon types like Latias/Latios, Kyurem-B, Hydreigon, and Salamence all outspeed and OHKO Kommo-o

Faster Psychic/Fairy Types: Kommo-o struggles against Pokemon like Scarfed Togekiss, Banded Victini, and others

Azumarill: It can live any hit that Kommo-o can throw at it, and proceed to KO with Play Rough

Klefki and other Prankster users: Klefki can Thunder Wave, or set dual screens on Kommo-o, and it can live a Flamethrower/EQ in return.

Mega Sableye: Mega Sableye can survive any hit from it with ease and proceed to either burn or set up with Calm Mind.

Flying Types: Kommo-o finds it hard to get past many Flying types such as Celesteela and Landorus-Therian, lacking any solid moves to hit them for SE damage.

Last edited:
I may be missing something, but isn't Flash Cannon better than Flamethrower on the Special Set? You mention Flamethrower covers Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel, but Focus Blast already covers Ice and Steel where Clanging Scales already does enough against Bug and Grass. Flash Cannon lets you hit the Tapus and most other Fairies hard.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Flash Cannon is absolutely a better idea than Flamethrower on that set; sure you can hit stuff like Scizor harder (although Scizor is still hit hard as hell from STAB Focus Blast), but losing coverage on fairies is huge in this meta, especially when the main niche of Autotomize is outspeeding Scarf Tapu Lele, which 136 Speed EV's just achieves while outspeeding Ada Bisharp. You can also mention 180 Speed EV's which outspeeds Scarf Garchomp at +2 while outspeeding Adamant Tapu Bulu without a boost (I prefer this personally), just some suggestions for ya :)

Large edit after realizing just how outclassed this shit is in both Specs/SD hehe

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also i'm surprised Specs is just in OO, i'd definitely say it's one of the best sets Kommo-o can run; despite getting walled to hell by Tapu Fini (which is why I would probably just have it as the 2nd set), Specs Clanging Scales is a nice niche it has over other Specs Dragon-types in that it doesn't force itself out like it would with Draco
2 Specs Dracos from Hydreigon deal more damage than 2 Specs Clanging Scales from Kommo-o, except that the initial one (the one that matters more) is significantly more threatening on Hydreigon, and in comparison it loses 13 base speed. Kommo-o is almost entirely outclassed as a Specs wallbreaker user regardless of whether you try to compare timid to timid or modest to modest.
Timid Hydreigon
252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 223-264 (55.1 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252 SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 111-132 (27.4 - 32.6%) -- 68.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Total: 82.5-97.9%

Timid Kommo-o
252 SpA Choice Specs Kommo-o Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Total: 80-95%
====================================
Modest Hydreigon
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 246-289 (60.8 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 123-145 (30.4 - 35.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Total: 91.2-107.3%

Modest Kommo-o
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kommo-o Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Total: 88-103.8%
Like, yeah it gets STAB Focus Blast which has a higher BP than Dark Pulse for a secondary STAB, but their coverage options are virtually identical iirc and Focus Blast is really, really shaky as a secondary STAB in general. Also I personally find dark a lot more threatening than fighting, further weakening it's case.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
That's a very fair point, the main reason I also liked Kommo-o as a Specs user is also that as opposed to Hydreigon it doesn't get hard-walled by Chansey due to STAB Focus Blast, but other than that, yeah Hydreigon has more value due to being more able to easily run Modest as well as having the always useful ground immunity and similar resistances while hitting similar targets since Specs Dark Pulse still has such great coverage; I'll retract my support for Specs

Edit: After running some calcs, I'm also questioning myself running SD as opposed to LO SD Garchomp when they hit just about all the same targets and Garchomp also just having a better speed stat overall.

Last edited:
Thank you all for commenting! Let me respond to some of your suggestions.

I may be missing something, but isn't Flash Cannon better than Flamethrower on the Special Set? You mention Flamethrower covers Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel, but Focus Blast already covers Ice and Steel where Clanging Scales already does enough against Bug and Grass. Flash Cannon lets you hit the Tapus and most other Fairies hard.
I replaced Flamethrower with Flash Cannon. Flamethrower undoubtedly has better coverage than Flash Cannon (Covers Rock and Ice, which Focus Blast does already) but the perk of hitting Fairy types is very nice. However, I find that Flash Cannon seriously dents, but fails to OHKO the Fairy types it is meant to cover. Here are some examples:

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 185-218 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On the Choice Specs argument, I find Kommo-o more outclassed as a Choice Specs user than Dragon Dance. The main competition it has right now is Dragonite and Zygarde, both arguably superior, but Kommo-o's Dragon/Fighting/Poison coverage combo tends to be superior to Dragonite's Dragon/Ground/Normal coverage. Also, Kommo-o has a less crippling 4x weakness than both Dragonite and Zygarde (Ice attacks are much more commonly seen than Fairy moves, which are usually discarded completely as a coverage option). As a user said, I find Kommo-o's Specs set to not have the things that make it worth using over something like Hydreigon/Latios, whereas Dragon Dance does.

Last edited:
I think that Overcoat might be worthwhile to include as a viable ability. Given Kommo-o's natural bulk and desire to use boosting moves, I think that he is a great partner for Alolan Ninetales. After all, his typing and bulk allows him to absorb fire and rock types, and threaten a lot of steel types like Ferrothorn. With Overcoat, Kommo-o avoid residual damage and can come out more often.

Unfortunately, I think that the biggest thing holding back Kommo-o is his lack of recovery. It's awesome that he has so many boosting moves and considerable bulk, but he can't stick around too long without healing himself. I'd say that this fact alone makes me more likely to use Dragonite or even Charizard-X as my dragon dance sweeper of choice. I think that the automotize set can be interesting though and catch a lot of opponents off guard. Hopefully, Kommo-o gets some great moves once move tutors are available too.

As a user said, I find Kommo-o's Specs set to not have the things that make it worth using over something like Hydreigon/Latios, whereas Dragon Dance does.
Don't forget Dragalge, which has really similar coverage (Dragon/Poison/Fighting) but is quite a bit stronger, and gives it some competition as a really niche specs user. Specs Dragalge Dragon Pulse actually outdamages specs Kommo-O Clanging Scales and while it's really slow and the weaknesses bite it's still fast enough to outspeed a handful of defensive mons with investment

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have some issues with this, I was going to do a full-fledged am-check but in the end I decided to just tell you some of the things.

First of all: this isn't really written up, it's kinda just random bullet points like "Rest is put into HP." You will need to fix this. Also EXPLAIN your points. See:

• Overview misses the main points of why Kommo-o isn't great, mainly being generally worse than other Dragon-types (Hydreigon, Latis), Fighting-types (Keldeo, Terrakion), offense breakers (shift gear magearna..) you see what I mean. It has a niche but it's not a large one.
  • Checks and Counters: You make this section much more complicated than you need to. Fairy-types should be one section, Psychic-types another. Tapu Lele, Klefki / other prankster users (both klefki and whimsicott, the viable ones, are fairy type), faster fairy/psychic types and azumarill can be condensed into just Fairy-types and Psychic-types. Mega Sableye is fine, but Unaware users also annoy this guy (Quagsire), so um, I don't really know, you can keep Mega Sableye there unless someone else says you can't... maybe condense into "Physically bulky Pokemon."
  • Flying-types should get a section probably, specifically Lando-T and Gliscor give this thing a lot of issues.
  • Poisonium Z should get at least a set mention on the Dragon Dance set, as should Life Orb (imo Life Orb Slash, Poisonium set details mention). Poisonium Z destroys Clefable, something Poison Jab simply can't do:
  • +1 252+ Atk Kommo-o Acid Downpour vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 534-630 (135.5 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +1 252+ Atk Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 268-316 (68 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • Life Orb seems like the best item. While Lum Berry is nice for a Scald switch-in Life Orb gives Kommo-o a noticable power boost.
  • Other Options should be at the end of the analysis before C&C, not in the middle. Also seconding Specs is bad. Z-Belly Drum is a cute stallbreaker that has a bad matchup against stall so that's not great either but definitely deserves an OO mention. Taunt and SubDD deserve mentions.
  • Team Options needs a lot of work especially for the Autotomize Set; for example, Kommo-o really likes hazards, but it's not in either of them. You are emphasizing the resistances that the mons have too much (for example, "Excadrill checks the things that Kommo-o has a hard time with" should be "Excadrill can break down walls for Kommo-o," etc.
Those are just a few things I have to say. I'm not QC, just giving my thoughts. Hope you take my advice ^_^

Is Outrage that much necessary on him that Dragon Claw does not even deserves a mention?
I'll mention why it is much more necessary. But yes.

The difference in BP is huge, and that's something that a Pokemon like Kommo-o appreciates so much. Should it run Dragon Claw, you're left with a very weak Dragon Claw/Sky Ucut STAB combo.

STAB outrage hits harder than SE Poison Jab. Conversely, Dragon Claw hits just as hard as NON-Stab Outrage.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Serious question, is there any point to using this guy as a Dragon Dancer when Zygarde, Gyarados, Charizard and Dragonite are arguably all better? Is there a small niche im missing where it set ups on something common effortlessly, or gets past something these other DD users cant? All the DD users are so similar and Zygardes higher bulk, better speed and Thousand Arrows just seem to totally outclass Kommo? And Landorus seems to outclass the Autotomize set, but at least Kommo has a much different typing and better bulk.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Serious question, is there any point to using this guy as a Dragon Dancer when Zygarde, Gyarados, Charizard and Dragonite are arguably all better? Is there a small niche im missing where it set ups on something common effortlessly, or gets past something these other DD users cant? All the DD users are so similar and Zygardes higher bulk, better speed and Thousand Arrows just seem to totally outclass Kommo? And Landorus seems to outclass the Autotomize set, but at least Kommo has a much different typing and better bulk.
I haven't had the time to test Kommo-o, but probably the niche would be that Bulletproof allows it to set up easily on moves like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and Focus Blast.

That being said, that does seem far too situational to warrant any mention beyond OO (i.e. I highly doubt an immunity to Shadow Ball and Focus Blast is going to convince people to use Kommo-o as a Dragon Dancer over Zygarde). I'd at the very least make Autotomize the first set. That at least has the much less situational niche of bulk over Landorus.

p2

Banned deucer.
remove dragon dance, its really bad

add a specs set

i dont have too much experience with this mon but it's up to your judgement whether the autotomize set should stay, but specs needs to be the first set

I haven't had the time to test Kommo-o, but probably the niche would be that Bulletproof allows it to set up easily on moves like Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and Focus Blast.
The primary users of those moves seem to learn Dazzling Gleam (aka: Gengar), so you really don't want to leave Kommo-o on him anyway.

A scarf-set can probably come in on predicted Shadow Balls / Sludge Bombs, and then KO a Gengar or otherwise hit something with a speedy Outrage?? Overcoat, Soundproof, and Bulletproof are all solid defensive abilities. But I'm not really sure which one suits Kommo-o's gameplan the best. (Personally speaking, I haven't figured out this thing's gameplan)

I tried this `mon shortly, 110 attack works for other mon... but when your best move is Outrage (in a metagame full of fairies), and your 2nd best move is Sky Uppercut... this thing just doesn't have the power to muscle through physical walls like a Dragon-dancer should. This mon's 110 Attack is completely screwed by low BP attacks. Its just not smashing through walls even at +1... not while the opponent's fairies are up anyway.

Skarmory comes in on the Dragon Dance, continues to wall Kommo-o even at +1 and a life orb, and then KOs him with Brave Bird. Its kind of sad. Ditto with Celesteela except with Air Slash.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Sky Uppercut vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 185-218 (44 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Sky Uppercut vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 199-234 (59.5 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The metagame is hugely built around Tapu Koko and the other Tapu Fairies. I just don't see a good opportunity to go for Outrage very often.

--------------

I've only tried the DD set myself, but I think there are better dancers out there. This pokemon has a unique movepool however, so maybe a niche can be found elsewhere? Specs and/or Scarf Clanging Scales honestly sounds like the niche that only Kommo-o can accomplish that isn't completely overshadowed by Zygarde, Charizard-X, Dragonite, or Gyarados.

Last edited:
I'm gonna echo what some people are saying and put forth that Autotomize should be the first or only set as it is the least outclassed. Specs is quite mediocre since Kommo-o isn't very fast or strong compared to other Dragon types, same story with Dragon Dance. A special attacking Dragon type that can double its Speed while also having Dragon/Fighting coverage is pretty unique, (nearest competition is what, mega ampharos?) plus Clanging Scales complements that as unlike Draco Meteor, Kommo-o can just sweep a team with it and doesn't need to switch out every turn after using it. But for wallbreaking purposes it's better to do as much damage as possible in one big hit, so leave that to a stronger Dragon type. Autotomize sets just take advantage of its main distinguishing factors the best, which is Clanging Scales and speed boosting.

Here's another point I would like to bring up: Poison Jab vs. Flash Cannon on specially biased sets. Here's a wall of calcs against OU-relevant Fairy types:
252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 133-156 (47.3 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 187-221 (66.5 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 83-99 (29.5 - 35.2%) -- 16.2% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 146-172 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 218-257 (77.5 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 291-343 (103.5 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele: 185-218 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 205-244 (72.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 92-109 (30.5 - 36.2%) -- 52% chance to 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 208-247 (69.1 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 125-148 (36.6 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 198-234 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mimikyu: 200-237 (79.6 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 99-117 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 229-270 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 211-250 (63.7 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Kommo-o Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales-Alola: 416-494 (144.9 - 172.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Kommo-o Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales-Alola: 205-244 (71.4 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Poison Jab fares much better against the Tapus, Azumarill, and Primarina. Flash Cannon only does more against Clefable (the difference is somewhat negligible, but Clefable is usually more physically defensive rn), Mimikyu, Alolan Ninetales, and Magearna and Klefki, which take more from your Fighting STAB anyways. The overwhelming commonness of the Tapus compared to the other things listed, and the fact that the non-Fairy targets hit harder by Flash Cannon than Poison Jab (Rock and Ice types) are hit even harder by a STAB move leads me to propose that the main moveset on the Autotomize set be Autotomize / Clanging Scales / Focus Blast / Poison Jab. If you look at the recent usage stats it's plainly obvious that the Tapus greatly outstrip all other Fairy types in terms of usage. Maybe once Mega Diancie returns this will be a different story but in the current metagame Poison Jab is just way better.

Last edited:
Specs should be the first set to mention as a dragon special attacker with access to Clanging Scales that also doesnt have trouble dealing with steel types.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's been over 2 weeks since your last post and you haven't edited your OP at all

I'm sorry, but i'm going to have to reassign this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)