Unofficial Metagames Knight, Castle, Dragon (LGPE 1v1)

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor

Let's Go 1v1 has been lacking in interest for a little bit, but I hope that this can spur some interest in a gem of a meta game.
This team has been theory crafted for months, since about midway through January, when it was a ladder for Leader's Choice. This team utilizes incredibly powerful Pokemon in the LGPE 1v1 Metagame.

Knight (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Level: 50
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam
- Toxic

Mega Pidgeot is an incredibly powerful and versatile Pokemon in the LGPE 1v1 Metagame, considered by many to be the best. It's blisteringly fast Base 121 speed allows it to outspeed Base 110 Pokemon with a positive speed nature, such as Alolan Raichu, and more importantly, outspend the Base 100 speed Zapdos. Mega Pidgeot's access to a fantastic STAB Combination for the metagame allows it to 2KO many Pokemon with Air Slash into Hyper Beam. Mega Pidgeot survives a Thunderbolt from Zapdos using a Calm Nature, which allows it to 2HKO with Heat Wave into Hyper Beam. Heat Wave 2HKOs Melmetal, and Toxic allows Pidgeot to beat stall Mew, which Gyara can lose to through a series of numerous bad predictions. Air Slash can flinch Pokemon such as offensive Mew and Mega Gyarados, and if it does so, Pidgeot will beat these Pokemon.

Castle (Melmetal)
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

For a long time, this team utilized Zapdos instead of Melmetal. However, after working out some 3-0s with TheDarkAlakazam, I decided on using Melmetal, as it beat the Pokemon he used to 3-0 the team. Melmetal is a strong Pokemon in the LGPE 1v1 Metagame, even with my profound dislike of it. It's ability to beat Snorlax, Gyarados, Alolan Ninetales, and Electric-types was what drew me to it as my 3rd Pokemon. Melmetal uses a Jolly Nature to outspeed Adamant Melmetal, which allows Jolly Melmetal to win. Melmetal has a lot of strengths, many of which coming from its signature move, Double Iron Bash. This is a very strong move that allows Melmetal to OHKO Pokemon like Mega Aerodactyl. Thunder Wave allows Melmetal to outspeed anything with less than 120 speed, such as Mega Venusaur, and Paraflinch it.

Dragon (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Mega Gyarados is a powerful Pokemon in the LGPE 1v1 metagame, with the ability to take on top contenders in the Metagame like Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl, Mew, Mega Gengar, Snorlax, and Mega Alakazam. Taunt allows it to shut down Mew, Snorlax, and Mega Alakazam, who can all use utility moves to try and beat Mega Gyarados. Outrage allows Mega Gyarados to beat Dragonite, who can threaten the team, as Melmetal isn't running Ice Punch. Waterfall and Crunch give Mega Gyarados strong STAB options to KO big threats in a few hits.

Importable: https://pokepast.es/126293a5f4203f1d

This team struggles with only a few Pokemon, namely Modest Zapdos. This relies on rolls or flinches to beat the Pokemon on this team, making them unreliable 3-0s. Modest Zapdos is not common in the LGPE 1v1 Metagame as it has poor matchups in the Zapdos mirror and against Mega Aerodactyl when compared to Bold and Timid

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)