Kingdra (Placeholder)

Kingdra Info

QC: 0/2
GP: 0/2

These are just the sets that I think will work off the top of my head, feel free to suggest any others you think would be effective. Work In Progress

[Overview]

-Great typing provides opportunities to switch in
-Premier Swift Swim user and a must for any Rain Dance Teams
-Able to sweep with either Rain Dance or Dragon Dance
-Balanced Attacking Stats allow it to go mixed and be effective
-Stats can be underwhelming as it doesn't excel in any one area
-Move-pool is somewhat lacking

[SET]
Name: Dragon Dance
Move 1: Dragon Dance
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Outrage
Move 4: Substitute
Item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
-STAB Attacks are resisted by only a handful of Pokemon
-Sub helps block status as well as scout
-Leftovers provide slight recovery from health lost to substitutes / Lum Berry offers protection from status on switch-ins and removes confusion from the first time Outrage ends
-Evs maximize attack and speed

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Empoleon and other bulky Water-types can give this set problems so something that can set up on them or serve as a lure would make a good teammate
-Dual Screens make this set very deadly so Pokemon such as Uxie and Azelf make good teammates
-Works better with entry hazards so Spikes users such as Deoxys-D and Frosslass make good teammates

[SET]
Name: Rain Dance Mixed Sweeper
Move 1: Rain Dance
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Hydro Pump / Surf
Move 4: Draco Meteor
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Rash / Mild
EVs: 208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

-After one turn of set-up Kingdra becomes very fast and strong
-STABs have great coverage and Water-type attacks become stronger in the rain
-EVs outrun +1 Base 100's in the rain
-Nature Allows for Mixed attacking without sacrificing either attack or speed
-If Rain Dance support is available Rain Dance can be dropped for a coverage move such as Hidden Power Electric or Signal Beam

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

-Works outside of Rain Teams as a decent sweeper
-Bulky Water-types can present a problem so again a teammate that can deal with them or contribute to wearing them down is necessary

[SET]
Name: Choice Specs
Move 1: Draco Meteor
Move 2: Hydro Pump
Move 3: Surf
Move 4: Dragon Pulse
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Timid / Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
-Allows Kingdra to inflict damage instantly
-Great at wearing down opposing teams
-Uses Dragon-type attacks early and cleans up with Water-type attacks
-Surf or Dragon Pulse can be switched for a coverage move such as Hidden Power Electric or Signal Beam but the type coverage is generally not needed due to the damage output

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Entry Hazards are necessary for this set to function at its peak
-Works well in conjunction with Pokemon like Empoleon who can sweep teams with weakened Water-type resists
-Modest can be used in order to sacrifice speed for power

[SET]
Name: RestChesto
Move 1: Dragon Dance
Move 2: Rest
Move 3: Waterfall
Move 4: Outrage
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

-Allows Kingdra to easily set up on status users, such as Chansey and Milotic, as well as Toxic Spikes
-Gives Kingdra reliable recovery once, letting Kingdra set up on Pokemon that attempt to chip it to death
-EVs provide survive-ability while also outspeeding +1 Base 100's after two Dragon Dances

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

-Appreciates Teammates that can weaken or take advantage of weakened Water-types
-Not as powerful as quickly as other sets, so wait to use it until the other team has been weakened

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RestChesto needs a set. It's awesome! Everyone knows how it works so I wont bother posting it

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I might be overlooking something, but why is Kingdra mixed on the offensive rain dance set? I honestly cannot think of anything commonly used in UU that is hit harder by Waterfall than by Hydro Pump/Surf except for Chansey (who you aren't getting past) and Cryogonal (lol).

Also, anyone who has seen me play can vouch for the RestTalk Kingdra set, I think that should be in the analysis.

Alright sorry for not updating this sooner I had to finish up for my finals...

Anyway RestChesto I just overlooked, so I'll add that in. The Rain Dance set is mixed so that after you use Draco Meteor you can still keep attacking since you have an option where your attack isn't dropped two stages. If that isn't a good enough reason I can take it off. As for RestTalk I haven't tried it out but it sounds like it would be pretty good and I also had just overlooked it. I'll add that in as well. Double Dance worked pretty well when I tested it but I guess it's up to qc.

Yo,

Mixed sweeper should be Waterfall/Outrage/Draco Meteor.

You should dash Rain Dance with Substitute in the Dragon Dance set too.

Dash Modest on Choice Specs, move Surf/Hydro Pump into one move, and add Ice Beam, possibly with HP-Grass slashed.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HP Electric might also be a worthwhile slash on Specs to hit Empoleon, although it won't 2HKO 252/252+ unless there's 3 layers of Spikes out.

Yo,

Mixed sweeper should be Waterfall/Outrage/Draco Meteor.

You should dash Rain Dance with Substitute in the Dragon Dance set too.

Dash Modest on Choice Specs, move Surf/Hydro Pump into one move, and add Ice Beam, possibly with HP-Grass slashed.
HP Electric might also be a worthwhile slash on Specs to hit Empoleon, although it won't 2HKO 252/252+ unless there's 3 layers of Spikes out.
If I dash Rain Dance it looks a lot like the double dance set and they play very differently, modest should be dashed I'll add that, and the coverage moves do not add much since the STAB attacks hit almost anything. I'll test HP Electric though

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hello, chesto rest has an inefficient ev spread :)

Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 164 HP / 132 Atk / 48 Def / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Outrage

come in on whatever, DD, and a lot of the time staraptor will come in since adamant scarf BB ohkos with rocks down and its faster. this spread takes 1 adamant reckless BB and dds up again, outspeeding up to jolly scarf 100s, and then kos with WF. unless the next pokemon has priority, you can rest and dominate.

it's also a tight spread for taking stuff like donphan EQ and set up on weak physical attacks.

:toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)