Kick Inactive Player: A Battle Against Time (An OU Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

add puppy gif because puppys are always relevant

Here we are, week 2 of SPL. In the match, we have SoulWind, BW OU player on the Stark Sharks and, of course, the most competent player in Smogon history, Wolfpack player, Jasonpwn (King). Quite possibly one of the most controversial battles in Smogon Premier League history. In this battle, Jasonpwn shows off his skillful pressing of the Kick Inactive Player button on Pokemon Showdown! Without any further ado, let's get right into it.

jessica kill joined.
jasonpwn joined.
Format:
OU (current)
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
OHKO Clause
Moody Clause
Evasion Clause

Standard clauses, no problem.

jessica kill's team:
Hippowdon / Terrakion / Jirachi / Latias / Forretress / Amoonguss
jasonpwn's team:
Jirachi / Politoed / Garchomp / Keldeo / Gyarados / Celebi

At first glance, it appears as if Jason does, in fact, have the team advantage. If Soulwind plays right, he can win despite the team disadvantage.

Battle between jessica kill and jasonpwn started!
jessica kill sent out Hippowdon!
jasonpwn sent out Celebi!
Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Turn 1
jessica kill called Hippowdon back!
jessica kill sent out Jirachi!
The foe's Celebi used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!
The sandstorm rages.
The foe's Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Celebi restored HP using its Leftovers!

vs

Soulwind, possibly thinking Jason's Chomper is the Stealth Rock variant, switches his Hippowdon out, fearing a Giga Drain, to his Jirachi. Jason shows that he does have Stealth Rock and uses it. For Soulwind, this shows that Jason's Garchomp is either Choiced or Swords Dance. Figuring Jason will most likely switch out, Soulwind will most likely use Body Slam or U-Turn to get paralysis on one of Jason's team members.

Turn 2
The foe's Celebi used U-turn!
Jirachi lost 12% of its health!
jasonpwn called Celebi back!
jasonpwn sent out Politoed!
The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
Jirachi used Body Slam!
The foe's Politoed lost 15% of its health!
Jirachi restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!

vs

Celebi U-Turns into Politoed to get the rain up as Jirachi Body Slams. No paralysis. It's not the worst thing in the world. He can probably paralyze something later. No biggie. Looking at SW's team, the best thing to take on defensive Toed is Amoonguss, so I assume he'll go out to that and Spore a member of King's team.

Turn 3
jessica kill called Jirachi back!
jessica kill sent out Amoonguss!
Pointed stones dug into Amoonguss!
The foe's Politoed used Scald!
It's not very effective... Amoonguss lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!
Amoonguss restored HP using its Black Sludge!

vs

Politoed goes for the Scald, going for the burn on any of SW's team members. No dice. Amoonguss is free to Spore anything at this point.

THE TURNING POINT

Turn 4
vs

Inactive players will forfeit in 120 seconds. (requested by jasonpwn)

Jasonpwn presses the Kick Inactive Player button in a chance to steal the game, or speed up Soulwind's moves. A conniving play. Let's see if it works out.

jasonpwn: im not doing that again

We'll see about that.

Inactive players will forfeit in 90 seconds.

Timer is ticking. It's a minute and a half, Soulwind has plenty of time to make a move, here. He must be thinking about all of his options and what his opponent might do. Hopefully, he makes a move so PS! doesn't count him out and give the victory to Jason.

Inactive players will forfeit in 60 seconds.

Still ticking... Timer is down to a minute remaining. Is Soulwind intentionally not making a move because of Jasonpwn's actions? Is he thinking on his move? Did he DC from PS!? What's the deal?

Inactive players will forfeit in 30 seconds.

I think Soulwind should hurry up...Nothing is more embarrassing than a loss to Jasonpwn. We're down to the last few seconds, here. He better hurry. In tournaments such as this, people will take wins no matter what happens. Hopefully, he makes a move in time...

An unknown player lost because of their inactivity.
jasonpwn won the battle!

There it is, there's the game. Wait, an unknown player? What does that mean? Soulwind must have DCed. Anyways, I thought this was a well played, skill-filled game of epic proportions. This makes me excited to view other SPL matches for the week.

jasonpwn: ok im not taking the win

A bold statement, especially in SPL. When victory is in sights, one, typically, would not give away his free win. But I'll give that to Jasonpwn, he did something honorable, here. Giving Soulwind another chance!

Oh....

Thanks for reading. I enjoyed watching this monumentally awesome battle and love writing about it even more. Shoutouts to my Beastaroonis. Take care, spike your hair. Luvdisc, if you want to read more. :D

Excellent match, with a surprising twist ending. Commentary was solid. Very enjoyable warstory overall. 9/10

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
great warstory, exciting all the way through

10/10 would read again

EDIT: yea that sick dog picture is pushing this over the edge for me

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
a breathtaking battle, kick innactive player was a move of predictive genius... uncharacteristic of king, maybe limitless was ghosting?

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus