XY OU Keldeo and friends (1700+)

Hey, I am quite new to competitive battling and I am from germany, so please apologize my bad english :p

Teambuilding

Since I have got vacation at university, I decided to build my first serious Team. And since Keldeo is my favorite Pokemon, I wanted to build a team based on it.

The rest of the team is only build to support Keldeo. Firstly, I added bulky Rotom-W to counter some of the biggest threats of Keldeo: Mega Pinsir and Talonflame.

To get rid of Lati@s and other Physics/Ghost types I took a non standart Bisharp Set which works wonders!

Now I needed a Stealth Rock setter. I thought Landorus-T fits really good on this Team, as he is able to set SR, keeps offensive pressure and provides momentum with U-Turn.

With my previous teams I always had big trouble with dragondancers ( especially Dragonite) and quiverdancers. Furthermore, I really hate Ditto. Somewhere I read about Thundurus. With his Prankster T-Wave he is able to stop those DDers. [Because I am not really experienced I forgot about the +2 priority of ESpeed ;) ]

And in the last slot I chose Zapdos. He's my Defoger, an additional Pinsir and Talonflame Counter and generally quite bulky.

I really would appreciate if some people would rate my team :) It is my first one in this Generation which is not totally terrible ;) Thank you!

The Team:

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

It is a monster. After 1-2 CMs nearly destroys everything. Pretty good typing, HP Flying to beat Mega-Venusaur because there is no need to use Icy Wind. Hydro Pump is the strongest Attack it can learn and has got a really good coverage with the other STAB Secret Sword. Leftovers > Life Orb..

Not sure if i should prefer Life Orb or a completely different Item?!

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

It can check Flying and Water types and provides momentum with VSwitch for Keldeo. TWave to cripple set up sweeper. Focus Blast is definitely a high risk/high reward attack, but I think it is needed here for Ferro, Exca and some others. HP Ice to get a "boltbeam" combo.

I think Thundurus is fun to use, quite strong and helpful. But still the most replacable pokemon in this team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

I love it. SR helps Keldeo to get rid of its counter, U-Turn provides momentum and EQ is the stongest Attack it has. I am using Knock Off because it can cripple Chansey, Gliscor and many others, and I dont really need Stone Edge, Rock Slide or Superpower on Lando. The speed evs to be faster than Tyraniter and Rotom-W.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Oh it works so well! :) In my opinion the best Lati@s Counter. Only loses about 40% from a Specs Latios DM. They cant Defog because of Defiant and they cant switch because of Pursuit.

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 105-124 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Really helps against Greninja as well, but only if you predict right and if you are able to surprise your opponent.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 133-156 (48.8 - 57.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Best Talonflame Counter out there. Also very good against Pinsir, but you have to be careful with his non Megaevolved EQ. Volt Switch to provide momentum again, Hydro Pump and WoW are obvious and pain Split because I dont need a HP, Rest or something else in this slot.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 18 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Defoger, Venusaur Check(Pressure is a cool ability^^), Talonflame and Pinsir Check.. Zapdos is pretty flexible, and this is the reason why i like to use it. Defog to get rid of annoying hazards, Roost, TB and Heatwave to do some damage.. I dont want to use Volt Switch on Zapdos because it mostly likes to stay in for some rounds after I switched it in.

Hey ~~~

At a first glance, your team really doesn't like Greninja. It outspeed and beats Landorus, Keldeo, Zapdos and Bisharp with ease, it also beats Rotom-W if it's carring HP Grass as well, and only Thundurus can revenge-kill it with Thunder Wave, although it can't obviously switch-in on Greninja. I also find redundant having Thundurus and Zapdos in the same. You don't super need Defog support as well, so you can replace Zapdos I think. Assault Vest Azumarill would be a fine check for Greninja, but since it loses to HP Grass variants as well, I won't suggest you to use it. Instead, you can try Ferrothorn, being able to check lot of things like Gyarados, Lati Twins and Greninja itself if it isn't running HP Fire, a combination of Ferrothorn and Rotom-W though, should be enough to beat Greninja. Ferrothorn can also run Stealth Rock so Landorus-T can run a Choice Scarf set to revenge-kill things in general, since your team looks really slow. The EV spread is 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP with Jolly nature and a moveset of EQ / Rock Slide / U-Turn / Knock Off. It helps you against lot of things like Pinsir, Talon, weakened Mega TTars, Gyarados (if you decide to run Superpower instead of Knock Off, which is an option too) and it definitely makes your team faster in general, you can't always rely on Thundurus' Thunder Wave to revenge-kill stuff. If you decide to use Ferrothorn, you can also run a more offensive set on Bisharp. Something like Sword Dance / Knock Off / Sword Dance / Iron Head is probably what you are looking for. However, since you actually run no mega, you may use one instead of Bisharp. Megas like Heracross, Gardevoir and Medicham all work well here, since they appreciate your volturn core to have free switches in order to hit as hard as possible with their attacks. I suggest you to try all these 3 and see which works better for your team. Finally, keep Leftovers on Keldeo. In my experience it really wants the adding staying power Leftovers gives to setup Calm Mind more easily, and Life Orb would let it die too soon during a battle imo, so Leftovers is generally a better option to run.

Hope I helped you, good luck ~~~

Keldeo can run a specs set very well too.

Keldeo@Choice Specs
4HP/252 Sp Atk/ 252 Speed
Timid Nature

Scald
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Hidden Power Flying

This set is just an option if you want power without having to set up calm mind.

Good Luck in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)