Rejected Keep (Most) Rejected Suggestion Threads Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am suggesting that rejected suggestion threads be kept open unless there is negativity or trolling invovled. It gives the original poster and other users a chance to discuss or amend the ideas in the thread, or even to agree with and give closing remarks on the reasons why the idea wouldn't work. If a thread does not warrant replies, it will simply fade out.

I am not going to reference any previous threads with heated discussion, because some people may see using a thread as an example without continuing the suggestion in that thread still the same as talking about the subject in that thread.

This suggestion is about suggestions in general. As far as I know, it hasn't been addressed yet.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Most of the reason that threads are closed and archived once rejected is to declutter the forum for the devs to more easily see what needs attention, as we already have nearly 20 pages of suggestions that are pending or approved awaiting implementation, and adding rejected suggestions back into this would add about 10 more pages. Generally, if a suggestion is rejected, it's by a dev or a member of Upper Staff and can't be implemented for bloat or technical limitation reasons.

Archived, I get, but if rejected suggestions are moved, there would be no clutter as there currently isn’t without them needing to be locked, right?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
We lock them because otherwise people often start needless arguments after rejection, usually wherein they repeat points we've already shot down. That is not a good use of anyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)