Kangaskhan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you can get it with scrappy. you have that ability changing item, so w/ pokebank, it's legal with scrappy.

Actually, you can get it with scrappy. you have that ability changing item, so w/ pokebank, it's legal with scrappy.
doesn't matter if it changes the ability, you don't HAVE to ever mega evolve. Legality issues are legality issues no way to change them because in some circumstances it won't matter.

doesn't matter if it changes the ability, you don't HAVE to ever mega evolve. Legality issues are legality issues no way to change them because in some circumstances it won't matter.
You misunderstand, there's an item in the Battle Maison, the Ability Capsule, which you can use on any pokemon to switch between its two regular abilities. Use it on an Early Bird Kangaskhan and it permanently becomes a Scrappy Kangaskahn.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You misunderstand, there's an item in the Battle Maison, the Ability Capsule, which you can use on any pokemon to switch between its two regular abilities. Use it on an Early Bird Kangaskhan and it permanently becomes a Scrappy Kangaskahn.
doesn't work on hidden abilities.

Her hidden ability is inner focus :p ~MM2

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Earthquake on Kanga as Aegislash is an important target to hit. With Sticky Web support, it can mow down slightly weakened Rock and Steel Arceus as well before they can burn you. Power Up Punch and Fake Out are nice moves but are very situational! I feel that Earthquake is a vital move to make Kangaroo almost impossible to wall.

This thing is terrific and actually beats Lum Berry EKiller Arceus one on one (it has a good chance to take a +2 Silk Scarf Espeed too IIRC, at least with some HP investment). It's also stronger than EKiller and allows you to pick an Arceus that can actually synergize with your team. In return (pun absolutely intended), choosing Kanga will give you access to a speedy beast with great coverage, power, and access to priority. Use this thing IMO.

I like Fake Out since Fake Out + Return is a clean OHKO (sometimes with SR) on all those slower mons that aren't Groudon/Giratina. (so Zek, Kyogre, Reshi, etc) Forcing switches is cool, imo.

I really like Earthquake on Kanga as Aegislash is an important target to hit. With Sticky Web support, it can mow down slightly weakened Rock and Steel Arceus as well before they can burn you. Power Up Punch and Fake Out are nice moves but are very situational! I feel that Earthquake is a vital move to make Kangaroo almost impossible to wall.

This thing is terrific and actually beats Lum Berry EKiller Arceus one on one (it has a good chance to take a +2 Silk Scarf Espeed too IIRC, at least with some HP investment). It's also stronger than EKiller and allows you to pick an Arceus that can actually synergize with your team. In return (pun absolutely intended), choosing Kanga will give you access to a speedy beast with great coverage, power, and access to priority. Use this thing IMO.
Sticky Web support is great, but hard to set up and keep on field.
I prefer paralysis support, which can help Mega-Kang wreak havoc in late game.

Just thinking here for a moment, what potential spreads could you open up by ignoring standard damage and running just Seismic Toss? Are there any stat boosting moves, or other stat distributions, that forgoing other Attack options and Attack EVs could net you? I don't think there is, as you probably lose out on some OHKOs that you really want (along with a move to hurt Ghosts, unless you waste a turn with a move to Identify them, or run an unboosted Crunch), but I thought it might be worth thinking about.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay so after having seen and played against Mega Khan I am changing my opinion of it: this thing is actually pretty incredible. It's basically a mini EKiller that doesn't take up an Arceus form and is even stronger. The sheer offensive pressure it exerts between Fake Out + Sucker Punch, STAB Return, and its possible coverage moves is really something else. Fake Out/Sucker/Return/Earthquake is IMO the best set, EQ is too important for Aegislash and Arc-Rock even if it leaves you walled by Giratina(-O).

Also, use it with Yveltal! It loves getting free switches on the ghosts Mega Khan attracts (Giratina), and the two both have access to ridiculously strong priority which forms a neat offensive core. Ho-Oh is also a good partner since it resists Fighting, is immune to Will-O-Wisp, and can take on most support Arceus forms and Aegislash. It can also help wear down Arc-Rock with Sacred Fire burns.

If I may, here's a few calcs on Kang and her abilities against walls here. I didn't make these BTW.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 180-213 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 267-315 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Parental Bond burned Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 133-157 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 177-210 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 354-417 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 337-397 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (excuse me?!)

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 102-122 (22.9 - 27.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (accounting for the +1 in the second hit)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 171-202 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Normal: 339-400 (76.5 - 90.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 102-122 (22.9 - 27.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (accounting for the +1 in the second hit)
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 441-522 (99.5 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 178-210 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

We're dealing with something that can OHKO Lugia, and Arceus with stealth rocks up with the same set. All I can say holy shit.

If I may, here's a few calcs on Kang and her abilities against walls here. I didn't make these BTW.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 180-213 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 267-315 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Parental Bond burned Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 133-157 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 177-210 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 354-417 (85.3 - 100.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 337-397 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (excuse me?!)

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 102-122 (22.9 - 27.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (accounting for the +1 in the second hit)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 171-202 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Normal: 339-400 (76.5 - 90.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 102-122 (22.9 - 27.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (accounting for the +1 in the second hit)
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 441-522 (99.5 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Rock: 178-210 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

We're dealing with something that can OHKO Lugia, and Arceus with stealth rocks up with the same set. All I can say holy shit.
Crunch's 36% chance of having a defense drop is great as you can even 2HKO Lugia and Giratina switching in if you get a drop on your first Crunch.
That's why you don't really need Power-Up Punch.

Crunch's 36% chance of having a defense drop is great as you can even 2HKO Lugia and Giratina switching in if you get a drop on your first Crunch.
That's why you don't really need Power-Up Punch.
If you're also Adamant, you run the risk of encountering a max speed Yveltal who would OHKO you with Foul Play. Might not be often but it could happen...

What about using both?

With

- fake out
- sucker punch
- return
- earthquake/crunch

why don't use this spread

252hp 252+atk 4def

It's primary role would be revenge killing with prio moves so why bother with speed ev?

Haruno

With

- fake out
- sucker punch
- return
- earthquake/crunch

252hp 252+atk 4def

It's primary role would be revenge killing with prio moves so why bother with speed ev?
Because getting outsped by everything is a horrid idea

I changed OP to add two sets, one with Fake Out and one without because they play very differently imo. Anyone found any other cool sets? I haven't been able to get a PUP set to work (I can never set it up...) but it does OHKO all the scarfers (except Xerneas) with Sucker Punch and probably kills everything else except Rockceus and Skarmory (it can even nail a very slightly weakened Groudon iirc, Lugia probs needs Multiscale down) with Return and Crunch. Outclassed by Ekiller, but it lets you use Arc-Rock or Grass or Ground or whatever! Thoughts?

With

- fake out
- sucker punch
- return
- earthquake/crunch

252hp 252+atk 4def

I used this, it sucked. Changed the HP for speed (still adamant) and I'm much happier.

I changed OP to add two sets, one with Fake Out and one without because they play very differently imo. Anyone found any other cool sets? I haven't been able to get a PUP set to work (I can never set it up...) but it does OHKO all the scarfers (except Xerneas) with Sucker Punch and probably kills everything else except Rockceus and Skarmory (it can even nail a very slightly weakened Groudon iirc, Lugia probs needs Multiscale down) with Return and Crunch. Outclassed by Ekiller, but it lets you use Arc-Rock or Grass or Ground or whatever! Thoughts?
It's cool and it can do some real damage but you're literally dead weight against anyone with either Giratina, plus Arc-rock is really common and a burn makes you useless in ubers. Fake out provides a valuable niche that isn't outclassed so I think it's the better set overall.

It's cool and it can do some real damage but you're literally dead weight against anyone with either Giratina, plus Arc-rock is really common and a burn makes you useless in ubers. Fake out provides a valuable niche that isn't outclassed so I think it's the better set overall.
Well, Arc-Rock is quite true, but:

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O: 495-585 (98.2 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 423-501 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 352-415 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 312-369 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The Giras can be sniped with Crunches on the switch, which might make them scared to switch-in to try and block PUP. But yeah, difficulty setting up against the Ghosts is a big reason I couldn't get a PUP set to work and kept missing Earthquake or Fake Out

Haruno

Well, Arc-Rock is quite true, but:

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O: 495-585 (98.2 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 423-501 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 352-415 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 312-369 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The Giras can be sniped with Crunches on the switch, which might make them scared to switch-in to try and block PUP. But yeah, difficulty setting up against the Ghosts is a big reason I couldn't get a PUP set to work and kept missing Earthquake or Fake Out
Ily superstar but please post realistic calcs. First off, against ghosts, you're not likely to get a +2 boost but a +1 boost by PuP on the switch is realistic so instead your actual calcs are

+1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 327-387 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina-O: 381-450 (75.5 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Groudon is fine and so is lugia. Also PuP kanga should be played similarly in ubers as it was in ou (pre ban of course). You would want to nail the obvious ghost switchin with a scrappy PuP for the +1 and then proceed to wreck with crunch/eq depending on the mon. You obviously don't want to try setting up a sweep with PuP with rockceus around ~_~ or any supportceus for that matter. In all honesty it could work but you really want to ditch fake out since the extra coverage is mandatory, I've been having some success with

Jolly Kanga @ kangaskhanite
72hp/252atk/188spe
Jolly Nature
-PuP
-Return
-crunch/earthquake
-sucker punch

the speed is to speed creep fucking lando-t (stupid ogaysian with his weekly challenges), max atk and the rest is in hp. The moves should be self explanatory but eq is if rockceus/dialga/aegis frighten you while crunch is for gira/o/ghostceus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)