Just A Random Team?? RMT!

This was originally a random wifi team i used, and i thought, meh this works and continued using it. It has a 90% win rate. but i think theres definately room for improvements

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP/216 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

When Banded TTar Leads were more popular, I found this to be a suitable choice. Also, it works against Heatran leads as well, which are also popular atm. Most of the time I can get SR out so that fills a slot.EQ and Hydro Pump is for STAB and ice beam can take on Dragons, Celebi on the switch and other flyers. 236 HP EVs for maximum lefties gain, the others are put into Defence and Special Attack.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

This exact TTar is one i have used since I started pokes and I still love it. Basic 252/252 EV spread. Substitute on the switch then TTar can start being nasty, Focus Punch is obvious. Also helps lure the opponent in thinking this is a Boah. Stone Edge and Crunch are nice STABs.
---

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heat Wave

This is my Scizor Counter, but is also handy to pick off any weak Mences. 176 Speed allows me to outrun positive speed base 90 pokes. Toxic and Roost are nice for Toxic and PP stalling. Heat Wave for Scizor. Thunderbolt for STAB.
---

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Banded Champ will run through a hell of a lot.Anything that doesnt resist, Dynamicpunch will severly hurt. Payback offers nice coverage with Dynamicpunch, and it will OHKO most Ghosts, and can put a rather large dent in Celebi. Bullet Punch is nice for cleaning up, Stone Edge to hit flyers. 128 Speed will allow Champ to outrun 4 EVs Spd Skarm and Vaporeon.
---

Rotom-c @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp

This does a nice job. It can outrun a lot of threats and KO. Switch this in onto a gyarados while it DDs then KO with Thunderbolt. Leaf Storm is primarily for any Swamperts around. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt offer nice STAB and coverage. If a TTar switched in, and you fear pursuit, then Will-o-Wisp is handy to cripple it.
---

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/76 Atk/180 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Ok basic Zong without Stealth Rocks. Also it is heatproof and can lull the opponent in thinking its a levitate one and immediatly send in their Heatran or Infernape, and in which case, it can EQ them to kingdom come and 'lo we are perceived.
---

I apologise if the format isn't 100% perfect but I have tried to make it as neat as possible. Any suggestions or critisms are welcomed!

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
You seem to have trouble with Infernape, Mixed Infernape versions seem to be the ones that give you more problem. Fire Blast and Close Combat alone handle more than half the team, while Grass Knot destroys Swampert completely. You can't gamble your way to beating Infernape, like you're doing with Infernape, no, thats a pretty weak excuse from you to consider "thats how I handle Infernape". I'm pretty sure even with Heatproof, it won't be surviving 2 Fire Blasts. If you think you want to handle it like that and just throwing away one of your Pokemon like that, its fine, you are throwing one Pokemon to the trash just to handle something its not meant to do, just need you to know we're on the same page here. I don't think that Tyranitar set is effective, it seems pretty gimmick, so you should try a Dragon Dance variant, the mixed Dragon Dance variant that goes DD / FB / IB / Crunch has a lot of potential in todays metagame, so you might want to check that out.

I don't really see any weaknesses, you seem to be a gimmick type of player so I'm not sure if there is anything to rate, if at all.

You have made some excellent comments here, however, how would you suggest I make the team less Infernape weak? Replace Rotom or something?

As for Tyranitar, I am not convinced about removing, what I think is a significant physical presence from this team. I do find your replacement set intriguing, but I don't think it is right for this team.

Nitpick here, 240 hp evs on Swampert so it can live 5 s-tosses with lefties recovery.

I definetly see an Ape weakness as Venom pointed out, however I'm not 100% sure of a way to fix it atm. Possibly switch Swampert to Vapporeon, and lead with Zong with SR. Since Vap would also support well with wish. However then Ttar may become more of a problem with only Champ as a check, worth a try tho.

Zapdos spread sould be shifted since it is atm, a more offensive Zap spread while you have it playing a defensive role. You could try the standard Bold 252 Hp 220 Def 36 Spe, or if you are really worried about Luke and company you could switch to Timid 188 Hp 146 Def 176 Spe or something to that effect since you really dont need max SpA for the role you have it playing.

Also that Ttar set looks pretty gimmick, Standard CB 176 Hp 252 Atk 80 Spe Ttar would probably serve you better.

Don't really see anything big besides that though I don't think how you plan on dealing with Gyara is truely effective, which the switch to vap would greatly aid this as well.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I'm seconding that Zapdos EV change, 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Def @ Bold seems like enough bulk, you can always replace Toxic for Light Screen on Zapdos too, so Zapdos can handle Fire Blast better from Infernape, as Close Combat and Grass Knot are doing nothing to it.

I did have something like that originally, but i prefered something a little faster seeing as most of my team is pretty slow anyway, but I shall change that around to a bulky Zapdos, then I may even replace Swampert with Vaporeon and see how that goes, same with both Tyranitar suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP/216 Def/56 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Hmm,i think Vaporeon in place of swampert can work out well because as previously mentioned Infernape does dent your team.

Plus,You don't miss out on Stealth Rock since you can always drop hypnosis for it on Bronzong.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

I use this Tyranitar set aswell with great success,but i would drop the 252 speed ev's and those extra 258 ev's can be put into hp for some bulk aswell as in speed.Only 30 or so speed ev's are needed at this point to beat standard Skarmory's.
---

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Hmm,would say go bulkier,but it still seems it can still be an effective check to most of the stuff it counters like Luke since it's outsped.
---

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Would really make this dude Rest-talk.Because this would then allow for a better switch in to Tyranitar if you should you decide to add Vaporeon that is.
---

Rotom-c @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp

Nothing much to change here.It's obviously your revenge killer,so me suggesting trick in place of shadowball wouldn't fly too much now would it? lol
---

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/76 Atk/180 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Hypnosis

Drop Hypnosis for Stealth Rock,and possibly change this to your lead.

Nice team Kuja,and good luck with it.Hope i helped with my minor suggestions.
---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)