July 7* Fairy Delphox raid event

Eh, I'd rather say "use Heatran if there's already one or more Armarouge or Ceruledge".
Multiple Armarouges won't exactly stack their effects anyway, and at that point may as well bring actual damage to the table. Plus AV Heatran (what I have used) is so insanely bulky it doesn't require any healing and you can just click def cheer > offense cheer > pew pew while the armor mons and blissey do their things.
You can have actual damage with multiple Armarouge, though. Flash Fire-boosted Mystical Fire does really good damage when Delphox is at -6 SpDef, and both Tera Steel Flash Cannon and Flash Fire-boosted Tera Fire Mystical Fire / Flamethrower slam shield hard without even needing to use Calm Mind.

I'll take back the don't use Heatran comment, because admittedly it can work when given the right support, but if I told someone to prep something for this raid, I'd highly prioritize Armarouge over Heatran. It can give team support AND solo the raid, and is just the more versatile option.

Anyone conocted a good soloing set yet?
It's pretty free online but I have some friends who don't have NSO so kinda have to do it alone. Magic Room coming at same time of buff reset makes me think this may require a bit more elaborate setup.
Here are some interesting solo and accessible strategies from the DaniSoloRaids channel I found last time looking for Azumarill strategies.
Dachsbun: This is funny because it exploits Delphox's AI trying to Will-o-Wisp Dachsbun literally every turn even after proccing Well Baked Body, making the battle completely free. I believe Gholdengo might be able to exploit this AI oversight the same way with Good as Gold.
EDIT: I just tried with Gholdengo and Delphox does go for Fire Blast as well, probably because the weakness is valued more.

Espathra: Typical Stored Power setup that only requires a natural Psychic tera type.

Lee also put out a video claiming a steel Arceus set is even better, but I haven't watched the vid:

I've been using an Arceus set similar to this for solo, but opting for Arceus-Fire as the base instead:

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Spray
- Recover
- Steel Beam

You take less from that initial Dazzling Gleam, can't be burned by Will-o-Wisp, and the AI will use Psychic vs you instead of Fire Blast, resulting in you needing to use Recover much less than with regular Arceus.
  1. CM 6x
  2. Recover
  3. AS until you get to Tera + enemy is at -6 SpDef
  4. Attack cheer
  5. Kill

I managed to beat Delphox, using the Armarouge set:

1688949912695.png

Armarouge @ Shell Bell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe (or 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Hp)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Acid Spray
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind / Rest

Note:
The ones highlighted in bold are the moves/ev spread I did not use in the raid. However, I do believe that it would make the raid easier.

I first used Light Screen to ensure it can take Delphox's Special attacks, then used Acid Spray to lower its special defense. Whenever Delphox reseted its stats to normal, I attack with Acid Spray again. After using Acid Spray 3 times, I then tera into Flash Cannon and was able to deal reasonable damage against Delphox. I didn't need to use Calm Mind thanks to Acid Spray's debuff.

However, a problem that I had encountered was that Delphox had magic room, which means Armarouge can't heal from Shell Bell, which would force the Armor Cannon pokemon to have low health. Therefore, I was thinking that Rest might be a better option over Calm Mind. Whilst Armarouge would go to Sleep, Armarouge would have the bulk (thanks to Tera Steel and Light Screen) to take on Delphox's attacks. The user could also use the heal team option so that Armarouge would no longer be drowsy.

EV spread can be built to eiether outspeed Delphox or to make it more bulky from the special side.

I managed to beat Delphox, using the Armarouge set:

View attachment 533243

Armarouge @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe (or 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Hp)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Acid Spray
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind / Rest

I first used Light Screen to ensure it can take Delphox's Special attacks, then used Acid Spray to lower its special defense.

You should not be using Light Screen on Armarouge. Mystical Fire does exactly the same thing and Mystical Fire needs to be reapplied only once after the mid-raid stat reset, as opposed to Light Screen which has to be reapplied multiple times.

Mystical Fire also stacks and it deals very respectable damage, especially with Flash Fire boost, so it is just that much better than Light Screen.

Mystical Fire also has the benefit of removing the Nasty Plot boosts, which especially matters in the face of crits. +2 attacks can still crit through Light Screen.

Also Mystical Fire takes 2 turns to achieve the same effect as Light Screen, not accounting for the Crit issue or Nasty Plot boosts needing to be undone. If Armarouge is your only Survivability Support, Light Screen provides more immediate results if you're only running one; conversely if you run into multiple Armarouge, Light Screen stacks with MF and survives the Buff Wipes, which can be significant if chewing through the shield takes long enough to land either next to Nasty Plot usage to remove MF reductions or Calm Mind Set-ups

I beat it on the first try using that Arcanine set posted earlier, but with Hisuian Arcanine instead, alongside an Armarogue, a completey random Tera-Ice Gengar, and the NPC Drifblim. I don't know how but it happened so I'm happy.

1689025380540.png

Marill has returned again to solo another 7-star raid, and this time it didn't even need Bellibolt. This one is for all the Marill fans out there and to anyone who ever thought that Azumarill couldn't beat Delphox.

1689025421974.png

This build is similar to my Azumarill clear, but with Tera-Water Liquidation instead and the Eviolite item. The EVs go for max Atk and SpD, but the IVs are imperfect because I didn't think it would matter in practice and the natural Lonely nature had no real drawbacks.

I was initially tempted with this calculation, but realized that Marill couldn't afford to drop any survival moves:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Water Marill Atk Cheer Liquidation vs. -6 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Delphox in Rain: 7384-8688 (84.5 - 99.5% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 2HKO
1689028447340.png

Then I thought this calculation was reasonable to go for to try to thread the needle and KO between the shield's HP threshold, which is what most of my attempts were aiming for:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Water Marill Atk Cheer Liquidation vs. -6 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Delphox: 4922-5792 (56.3 - 66.3% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 2HKO
1689028458214.png

Nevertheless, this was not meant to be and Delphox put me through a lot of pain across the last 24 hours, but it was a real learning experience.
1689028505180.png
1689028525017.png

1689028537290.png
1689028625277.png

1689028603797.png

This strategy went through a lot of trial and error, but is still very similar to Azumarill's clear in structure. My first attempt involved Mudsdale and I noticed some surprising damage, and noticed that Delphox had defense drops that I wasn't inflicting. It turns out that AI Mudsdale has Rock Smash to lower defense past the shield and I locked this in, but it tended to always go for High Horsepower until its 10 PP ran out, and even after it felt like a 50/50 between Low Kick and Rock Smash. An alternate start I was considering was trying to go for an early death to respawn with full HP since I could still set up 3 Amnesia before Delphox's own reset, but it was awkward to figure out how to die sometimes between burn and misses, and I realized those were 5 turns of PP that could be burned so I ended up just trying to stick with living early on. This was still helpful, but my original plan was to get to -6 Defense and OHKO ended up being a futile effort. AI Staraptor and Toxapex don't contribute much, but Toxapex can usually poison and both have some physical moves to contribute on top of the possible defense drops, and Staraptor has STAB Facade.

To sum it up, after lots of attempts failing by not dodging while trying to fish for defense drops, I ended up realizing that prolonging the battle was not helpful for me and I needed to keep this short. If I could stay healthy with more than 50% HP with Belly Drum already up and just tera'd and Liquidation spammed as much as I could, I would probably have a better chance of winning by brute force and giving Delphox less chances to hit me overall.

The general gist of my strategy now was:
- Start off with Amnesias and (at most 4) Mud-Slaps to burn turns and set up
- If healthy enough, try to Belly Drum early on here so I can heal cheer off a burn at the same time
- If not healthy enough or burnt, wait until Delphox resets itself to start getting some Mud-Slaps in before heal cheering to reduce risk of consecutive burns
- After Delphox resets, go for 6 Mud-Slaps and heal if necessary
- Belly Drum here if couldn't do it before
- After 6 Mud-Slaps, start going for tera-water Liquidations to chip shield
- Hope Delphox misses everything and I kill it

There was a lot that could go wrong here. Burn is a death sentence for Marill's DPS and I only have 3 heal cheers to mitigate it as well as manage my health enough to Belly Drum twice. I came to dread the 20%/55HP heals, appreciated the 40%/111 HP heals, and the other ones were almost full so I was thankful anyway. Overall it really just came down to luck, hoping Delphox just missed everything, but it was better than stalling with Liquidation (which is why it is 16 PP) and hoping Mudsdale chose Rock Smash like before. Watching it get OHKOed even at -6 Accuracy in the post-Nasty Plot phase was not enjoyable.

1689026790407.png

My final successful run involved 2 early Fire Blast misses that allowed me to get more than the usual setup in, and I went for an early Belly Drum that took me from 160 HP to 21 HP, forcing a heal cheer. Delphox immediately followed up with a Will-O-Wisp, but this time I stalled the clock until I got my first Mud-Slap in to heal from there. Mudsdale was getting some Rock Smashes in at this point. I only had 2 Mud-Slaps down before Nasty Plot happened because of the heal cheer taking so long to animate on every ally (it also activates more loudly in the center if you have a dead ally).

1689026980447.png

After landing all my Mud-Slaps, I had dodged most of the wisps that came my way, and Mudsdale had gotten Delphox down to a decent -2 Defense. Psychic landed to drop my Special Defense, but going from +6 to +5 wasn't a big deal in the big picture at that point. Fire Blast also landed to deal about 30 damage. It only took 2 Liquidations to barely break through the shield with the help of the AI chipping in, but now all of Marill's boosts were gone and the Eviolite was nullified.

1689027144769.png

I had a free turn from the shield break now, and on the spot I decided to set up Amnesia again in hopes that I would live just one hit if the worst came to worst. Then I heal cheered and rolled a massive heal back to full HP from 83, just what I needed.

1689027205042.png
1689028849897.png

At this point there was no more strategy involved in the fight and it all came down to fate. It was just do or die, staking it all on Delphox's double attacking +2 SpA through accuracy drops and my own health pool. For some reason Delphox didn't actually seem to double attack most of the time except for one time where it attacked after I did. I haven't really seen much of this mechanic, so maybe it is a random chance since the raid lookup site suggests a "second shield rate" which I guess would be 50% here.

1689027452244.png
1689027443416.png

In the end, Marill dodged every last shot that Delphox had, and only needed 4 of its own hits to end it all. Thank you game freak.

1689028840628.png

View attachment 533459
Marill has returned again to solo another 7-star raid, and this time it didn't even need Bellibolt. This one is for all the Marill fans out there and to anyone who ever thought that Azumarill couldn't beat Delphox.

View attachment 533460
This build is similar to my Azumarill clear, but with Tera-Water Liquidation instead and the Eviolite item. The EVs go for max Atk and SpD, but the IVs are imperfect because I didn't think it would matter in practice and the natural Lonely nature had no real drawbacks.

I was initially tempted with this calculation, but realized that Marill couldn't afford to drop any survival moves:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Water Marill Atk Cheer Liquidation vs. -6 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Delphox in Rain: 7384-8688 (84.5 - 99.5% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 2HKO
View attachment 533475

Then I thought this calculation was reasonable to go for to try to thread the needle and KO between the shield's HP threshold, which is what most of my attempts were aiming for:

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Tera Water Marill Atk Cheer Liquidation vs. -6 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Fairy Delphox: 4922-5792 (56.3 - 66.3% of 30x hp boss) -- guaranteed 2HKO
View attachment 533476

Nevertheless, this was not meant to be and Delphox put me through a lot of pain across the last 24 hours, but it was a real learning experience.
View attachment 533477View attachment 533478
View attachment 533480View attachment 533484

View attachment 533483
This strategy went through a lot of trial and error, but is still very similar to Azumarill's clear in structure. My first attempt involved Mudsdale and I noticed some surprising damage, and noticed that Delphox had defense drops that I wasn't inflicting. It turns out that AI Mudsdale has Rock Smash to lower defense past the shield and I locked this in, but it tended to always go for High Horsepower until its 10 PP ran out, and even after it felt like a 50/50 between Low Kick and Rock Smash. An alternate start I was considering was trying to go for an early death to respawn with full HP since I could still set up 3 Amnesia before Delphox's own reset, but it was awkward to figure out how to die sometimes between burn and misses, and I realized those were 5 turns of PP that could be burned so I ended up just trying to stick with living early on. This was still helpful, but my original plan was to get to -6 Defense and OHKO ended up being a futile effort. AI Staraptor and Toxapex don't contribute much, but Toxapex can usually poison and both have some physical moves to contribute on top of the possible defense drops, and Staraptor has STAB Facade.

To sum it up, after lots of attempts failing by not dodging while trying to fish for defense drops, I ended up realizing that prolonging the battle was not helpful for me and I needed to keep this short. If I could stay healthy with more than 50% HP with Belly Drum already up and just tera'd and Liquidation spammed as much as I could, I would probably have a better chance of winning by brute force and giving Delphox less chances to hit me overall.

The general gist of my strategy now was:
- Start off with Amnesias and (at most 4) Mud-Slaps to burn turns and set up
- If healthy enough, try to Belly Drum early on here so I can heal cheer off a burn at the same time
- If not healthy enough or burnt, wait until Delphox resets itself to start getting some Mud-Slaps in before heal cheering to reduce risk of consecutive burns
- After Delphox resets, go for 6 Mud-Slaps and heal if necessary
- Belly Drum here if couldn't do it before
- After 6 Mud-Slaps, start going for tera-water Liquidations to chip shield
- Hope Delphox misses everything and I kill it

There was a lot that could go wrong here. Burn is a death sentence for Marill's DPS and I only have 3 heal cheers to mitigate it as well as manage my health enough to Belly Drum twice. I came to dread the 20%/55HP heals, appreciated the 40%/111 HP heals, and the other ones were almost full so I was thankful anyway. Overall it really just came down to luck, hoping Delphox just missed everything, but it was better than stalling with Liquidation (which is why it is 16 PP) and hoping Mudsdale chose Rock Smash like before. Watching it get OHKOed even at -6 Accuracy in the post-Nasty Plot phase was not enjoyable.

View attachment 533467
My final successful run involved 2 early Fire Blast misses that allowed me to get more than the usual setup in, and I went for an early Belly Drum that took me from 160 HP to 21 HP, forcing a heal cheer. Delphox immediately followed up with a Will-O-Wisp, but this time I stalled the clock until I got my first Mud-Slap in to heal from there. Mudsdale was getting some Rock Smashes in at this point. I only had 2 Mud-Slaps down before Nasty Plot happened because of the heal cheer taking so long to animate on every ally (it also activates more loudly in the center if you have a dead ally).

View attachment 533468
After landing all my Mud-Slaps, I had dodged most of the wisps that came my way, and Mudsdale had gotten Delphox down to a decent -2 Defense. Psychic landed to drop my Special Defense, but going from +6 to +5 wasn't a big deal in the big picture at that point. Fire Blast also landed to deal about 30 damage. It only took 2 Liquidations to barely break through the shield with the help of the AI chipping in, but now all of Marill's boosts were gone and the Eviolite was nullified.

View attachment 533469
I had a free turn from the shield break now, and on the spot I decided to set up Amnesia again in hopes that I would live just one hit if the worst came to worst. Then I heal cheered and rolled a massive heal back to full HP from 83, just what I needed.

View attachment 533470View attachment 533487
At this point there was no more strategy involved in the fight and it all came down to fate. It was just do or die, staking it all on Delphox's double attacking +2 SpA through accuracy drops and my own health pool. For some reason Delphox didn't actually seem to double attack most of the time except for one time where it attacked after I did. I haven't really seen much of this mechanic, so maybe it is a random chance since the raid lookup site suggests a "second shield rate" which I guess would be 50% here.

View attachment 533472View attachment 533471
In the end, Marill dodged every last shot that Delphox had, and only needed 4 of its own hits to end it all. Thank you game freak.

View attachment 533485
You post my favorite posts in these raid threads. Thank you for your service.

Delphox is rerunning tonight and there is no bonus raid event to go along with it. I'd like to imagine there was another paradox event queued up that got cancelled after all the backlash, but even then they could have at least put Blissey back in or something.

Delphox is rerunning tonight and there is no bonus raid event to go along with it. I'd like to imagine there was another paradox event queued up that got cancelled after all the backlash, but even then they could have at least put Blissey back in or something.
There's not always a rerun to go with these
Inteleon didn't, if we want a recent example.

There's not always a rerun to go with these
Inteleon didn't, if we want a recent example.
Inteleon already had the Iron Leaves and Walking Wake side event, which wasn't exactly on the same timing and was more incidental, but still overlapped and probably was intentional not to have 3 events at the same time with two in the same 5 star space. The raids before also still had their 4-5 star counters promoted, so this is the first time there's been a 7 star rerun with no other promoted raids happening at the same time.

Anyone conocted a good soloing set yet?
I ultimately won with this, but it is far from guaranteed:

:ceruledge:
Ceruledge @ Charcoal
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Clear Smog
- Poison Jab

- Being Physical it targets Delphox's weaker Defense, being a Fire type makes it resistant to Dazzling Gleam and immune to burns, Flash Fire makes it immune to Fire Blast. This means Delphox will mostly use Psychic: it does a bit less than 50%, which means potential Special Defense drops and critical hits are annoying and there is not much space for Cheers.
- Note that it NEEDS maximum speed investment in order to outspeed Timid Delphox by one point
- The main strategy is Swords Dance + Bitter Blade + Charcoal + Tera Fire (+ Attack Cheer if the conditions are favourable). Note that Bitter Blade NEEDS PP-Ups, 10 PP is not enough
- I tried with Shell Bell, but due to how much HP Bitter Blade recovers it is not really needed and mostly offset by the extra damage + consequent recovery provided by Charcoal.
- Clear Smog is to counteract the one Nasty Plot turn.
- Note that I had EXTREME luck with full paralysis thanks to the NPC Bellibolt's Discharge
- Poison Jab is mostly filler just to have a super-effective move. Its chance of Poison could also be useful, but since it conflicts with Discharge Iron Head or some support move (maybe Light Screen?) might be preferable.

This also seemed promising, but failed:

:espathra:
Espathra @ Shell Bell
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Mud-Slap
- Calm Mind
- Lumina Crash
- Stored Power

- I had one with this spread ready but it's obviously suboptimal. Something like Modest + maybe enough Speed to outspeed Delphox on the first turn + Special Attack and/or Special Defense instead of Defense would be way better.
- Mud-Slap helps against Will-O-Wisp and Fire Blast.
- Lumina Crash provides useful Special Defense drops.
- Calm Mind + Speed Boost + Stored Power should have done the rest.

This seemed interesting on paper but in practice had several problems:
- Specially offensive, which targets Delphox's higher Special Defense
- Not enough resistances
- Very slow to set up
- Extremely vulnerable to stat resets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)