July 7* Fairy Delphox raid event

I have a feeling Acid Spray is going to eat this thing alive. The only question is which Pokémon do you want to stomach all its coverage as neutral damage or better to get you there. I have to imagine Fairy / Psychic / Fire are all a given, with maybe Grass, Ghost, or Fighting to round it out. Fire Arceus clicking Acid Spray endlessly seems like a sound play. Armarogue also packs the move and resists all three of those important coverage types. If Mystical Fire is part of this thing’s normal moves, it feel very important for any special attacker to have a resistance there, otherwise you’re eating debuffs the whole match. A bit sad to see that too, given I’ve had a lot of fun with H-Goodra in raids lately and it’s nearly well suited towards this one.

Ironically your own Delphox is a pretty sound support Pokémon if this thing lacks Ghost coverage. You resist every single other move, and can debuff it with Mystical Fire lol.

I was thinking that Revavroom might be a good match against Delphox:
1688347539509.png

Revavroom @ Shell Bell
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Steel / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature / Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Iron Head / Poison Jab

The speed investment is to ensure that it outspeeds a non-boosted Delphox, whilst the rest of the EVS are invested in its attack and special defense to maximise its offensive and defensive prowress.

Shift Gear is to ensure it can outspeed Delphox (if it has agility) whilst boosting its attack. Taunt is to stop Delphox from using set up moves like Agility, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind and also stops Delphox from using hypnosis. Rain Dance is to weaken Delphox's Fire Moves, so Revavroom could take hits much easier.

The fourth move (Iron Head/Poison Jab) depends on the Tera Revavroom uses.

Teraing into Steel will allow Revavroom to resist Delphox's Psychic attacks, whilst Poison can be used to take reduced super-effective damage from Delphox's Fire moves.

If there are any questions regarding the set, please let me know.

I was thinking that Revavroom might be a good match against Delphox:
View attachment 531262
Revavroom @ Shell Bell
Ability: Filter
Tera Type: Steel / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature / Careful Nature
- Shift Gear
- Taunt
- Rain Dance
- Iron Head / Poison Jab

The speed investment is to ensure that it outspeeds a non-boosted Delphox, whilst the rest of the EVS are invested in its attack and special defense to maximise its offensive and defensive prowress.

Shift Gear is to ensure it can outspeed Delphox (if it has agility) whilst boosting its attack. Taunt is to stop Delphox from using set up moves like Agility, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind and also stops Delphox from using hypnosis. Rain Dance is to weaken Delphox's Fire Moves, so Revavroom could take hits much easier.

The fourth move (Iron Head/Poison Jab) depends on the Tera Revavroom uses.

Teraing into Steel will allow Revavroom to resist Delphox's Psychic attacks, whilst Poison can be used to take reduced super-effective damage from Delphox's Fire moves.

If there are any questions regarding the set, please let me know.
Seems way too slow to get going in terms of setup. Have to stomach multiple fire moves just to start doing a teensy bit more damage. I don't see it tbh

:slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Poison Barb / Light Clay
Ability: Own Tempo
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Sludge Bomb
- Slack Off
- Nasty Plot / Light Screen / Helping Hand

GalarKing I can see being extremely good and versatile option vs Delphox. Has Acid Spray + STAB Sludge Bomb, Slack Off for reliable recovery, and can do a number of things for the 4th slot. Nasty Plot to further bolster offenses, or go supportive with Light Screen or Helping Hand.

:muk-alola:
Muk-Alola @ Wide Lens
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Screech
- Helping Hand
- Taunt / Rain Dance

Basically GalarKing with Screech and Taunt. Use with physical teammates.

:armarouge:
Armarouge @ Shell Bell
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 20 SpA / 252 SpD / 236 Spe or 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Acid Spray
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt / Light Screen

:armarouge:
Armarouge @ Light Clay
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpD / 236 Spe
Calm / Timid Nature
- Acid Spray
- Light Screen
- Helping Hand
- Mystical Fire

Armarouge's been mentioned already, but no surprise it'll be good here. I predicted Tera Fairy for Delphox a while ago and came up with a set like this for it, a variation for solo and another for randoms. The EVs and nature all depend on whether or not Delphox will be Timid nature and have Shadow Ball. Armarouge being faster than Delphox is important imo since it can let you get up a CM or a Light Screen before Delphox can act, hence why I heavily invested in Speed.

If it has Shadow Ball, you'll want the SpDef investment for the solo set. Otherwise, just go full SpA. The idea is you Acid Spray 3 times, then immediately get access to Tera Steel to power up your newly-STAB Flash Cannon and nerf Shadow Ball vs you, while Flash Fire keeps you immune to Fire-type moves. As a Steel-type, Armarouge is immune to Fire and resists Psychic and Fairy. If it has Focus Blast instead, you may as well keep your Tera until you've built up enough CMs. Light Screen can help in this regard, as well. If it has anything else in the 4th slot... :psysly:

:arceus:
Arceus(-Fire) @ Flame Plate / Shell Bell / Poison Barb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Calm Mind
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover / Taunt

Arceus-Fire was mentioned, so here's the set for it. Pretty simple; Acid Spray, build up some CMs, then spam Sludge Bomb. You could probably get away with Arceus-Normal to run a different item.

I could see Delphox utilising one of these strategies:

All-out offensive with Calm Mind or Nasty Plot boosts. Could even utilize our own tools against us and use Stored Power in which case our strategy should be focused on removing these stat boosts. Psychic Terrain is also a possible set-up option.

Debuff spam with Mystical Fire and Will-O-Wisp is also a possibility. Maybe also Hex to capitalize on the burns it is spreading.

I could see Delphox utilising one of these strategies:

All-out offensive with Calm Mind or Nasty Plot boosts. Could even utilize our own tools against us and use Stored Power in which case our strategy should be focused on removing these stat boosts. Psychic Terrain is also a possible set-up option.

Debuff spam with Mystical Fire and Will-O-Wisp is also a possibility. Maybe also Hex to capitalize on the burns it is spreading.
Actually, I think both.

I think the "base" moveset will just be Psychic (or Psyshock if they don't want a Charizard repeat), Mystical Fire, Dazzling Gleam/Tera Blast.
Fourth move likely to be one of ghost coverage, Grass Knot or Will o wisp. I think Shadow Ball is the most likely purely cause it learns it naturally.
I do think that Mystical Fire + Will o Wisp is the main combo they would opt with, as one reduces special attack and the other neuters phisical attackers, with Psyshock letting it hit specially defensive pokemon as 2nd stab, and Dazzling or Tera Blast cause it's fairy type so it'll definitely have a fairy move.

Extra moves I'd guess Nasty Plot is a given, but note that Delphox has some obnoxious options like potentially scripted partywide Heat Waves, screens, sunny day, and even Psychic Terrain.

As for pokemon to actually use... If it doesn't have Psyshock, then Blissey is likely the de-facto support pokemon once more, pretty much disregarding anything the boss can do.
Arceus-Fire as someone mentioned obviously has all the options in the world to deal with it regardless.

Any Flash Fire user should be solid (bar coverages), but Heatran is also probably going to be a premiere offensive threat, expecially if supported by something else healing it, since it resists basically anything Delphox can hope to do other than Focus Blast, can easily tank Shadow Balls, and hits very hard with stab Flash Cannon (or can even use Iron Head if boss has Calm Mind).

I was also looking at the potential Clear Smog users...
The main potentials are the couple Armarouge / Ceruledge (assuming no Shadow Ball), and Gastrodon (assuming no Grass Knot).

Also, I would point that if the boss is about spamming WoW, we shouldn't be sleeping on one of the fancy new toys we got: Cresselia.
Cresselia's Lunar Blessing is basically a weaker Heal Cheer, and even though it's neutral to fire / fairy (fixable with tera if you really want to), we're still talking of one of the chonkiest pokemon in existance, as well as having access to Calm Mind herself.

:cresselia: Cresselia @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe (neutral 252 speed Cresselia conveniently outspeeds timid 0 EV Delphox by 1 point)
Calm Nature
- Lunar Blessing
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock (disregard potential Calm Mind from the boss)
- Moonlight

If the boss doesn't have Calm Mind, Stored Power go brrr is a option

If you instead want a pure support build, you can slot in any of Helping Hand, Light Screen, Mist, even gets Mud-Slap, and can likely run Lefties instead of Covert Cloak since you don't likely care for the spatk drops

I wonder if you could do something with Tera Steel Arcanine.

Flash fire as an ability with access to:

Snarl
Howl
Iron Head
Bulldoze for speed control?

I wonder if you could do something with Tera Steel Arcanine.

Flash fire as an ability with access to:

Snarl
Howl
Iron Head
Bulldoze for speed control?
Sounds like a probably functional idea, though Morning Sun is likely a better option than Bulldoze.
Speed control isn't really necessary since more or less anyone attempting this will (if possible) try to EV to outspeed the boss regardless of outside intervention, so having some extra sustain is better in order to not rely on heal cheers.

As for pokemon to actually use... If it doesn't have Psyshock, then Blissey is likely the de-facto support pokemon once more, pretty much disregarding anything the boss can do.
Arceus-Fire as someone mentioned obviously has all the options in the world to deal with it regardless.

Any Flash Fire user should be solid (bar coverages), but Heatran is also probably going to be a premiere offensive threat, expecially if supported by something else healing it, since it resists basically anything Delphox can hope to do other than Focus Blast, can easily tank Shadow Balls, and hits very hard with stab Flash Cannon (or can even use Iron Head if boss has Calm Mind).

I was also looking at the potential Clear Smog users...
The main potentials are the couple Armarouge / Ceruledge (assuming no Shadow Ball), and Gastrodon (assuming no Grass Knot).
I’d use Blissey if there are enough Acid Spray users in the comp, as I feel that’s the #1 priority going into this. Blissey got Heal Bell with Home support, so that’s a cool option against potential Will-o-Wisp. I’m gonna see if I can get a few.

The problem with Heatran is that it’s too slow to get going even with support. It has Metal Sound to debuff SpDef (it’s not 100% accurate, and can’t hit shield), but it has no way to boost its own Special Attack and will end up not doing a lot of damage, just sitting there. At least Armarouge, a fellow Flash Fire user, has Acid Spray and Calm Mind to make meaningful progress. It’s a stat booster that won’t need to worry about the potential Mystical Fire debuffs, either, allowing it to run a better item.

I wouldn’t use Clear Smog, either, especially if the strategy is to spam debuff moves vs Delphox. Ideally, you have mons using Acid Spray and Mystical Fire to debuff both SpDef and SpA, respectively.

Was tempted to bring in my magearna, but i don't think i'd be able to get the hits in to go Tera before forcing the timer to go down due to all the mystical fires.

Flashfire Armarouge sounds fun, though; I think I have one of those sitting around from an earlier raid.

Was tempted to bring in my magearna, but i don't think i'd be able to get the hits in to go Tera before forcing the timer to go down due to all the mystical fires.

Flashfire Armarouge sounds fun, though; I think I have one of those sitting around from an earlier raid.
A spicy choice would be to Skill Swap an ally Armarouge's Flash Fire. It's not like they need it that much since they resist the move anyway.

A spicy choice would be to Skill Swap an ally Armarouge's Flash Fire. It's not like they need it that much since they resist the move anyway.
Wellllll it's not so much about resisting the move and more about them no longer being immune to spatk drops

Wellllll it's not so much about resisting the move and more about them no longer being immune to spatk drops
It'll depend on the set. A fully support Armarouge running Acid Spray / Light Screen / Helping Hand / Skill Swap for example wouldn't really care about SpA drops, so having that Skill Swap option for dumbos that bring Scizor to this raid might be a heat strategy LOL

Edit: I'm dumb, it can't learn Skill Swap, nvm :p

Last edited:
I wouldn’t use Clear Smog, either, especially if the strategy is to spam debuff moves vs Delphox. Ideally, you have mons using Acid Spray and Mystical Fire to debuff both SpDef and SpA, respectively.
Regarding Clear Smog, main reason I mentioned it would be if the boss actually spams Nasty Plot and noone is providing Snarl (or similar).
In that case, actually using Clear Smog after the boss debuff wipe would prolly be near mandatory.

IMG_5005.gif

Quagsire @ Ability Shield / Covert Cloak
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Water
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Helping Hand
- Recover
- Amnesia / Mud-Slap / Rain Dance

Assuming Delphox won’t be running Grass Knot, SpDef Unaware Quagsire could be a pretty cool randoms support. Unaware lets it ignore Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, etc. it has an Acid Spray that won’t easily trigger shield since Quag ignores all stat changes including debuffs. Helping Hand to help boost teammates, Recover for sustain, and your choice of Mud-Slap (accuracy lowering for your teammates since Delphox will still accurately hit you), Amnesia to become unkillable, or Rain Dance to weaken Fire moves for your team. Ability Shield keeps your Unaware in the event of a stat reset and ability nulling turn, while Covert Cloak protects you from Psychic SpDef drops if you’re not running Amnesia.

There are other sets that might help against Delphox:
1688516161554.png

Ceruledge @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Light Screen
- Iron Head
- Clear Smog / Taunt

The speed investment is to help outspeed Delphox, whilst the rest of its attack and special defense is to augment its offensive and defensive capabilities.
Swords Dance can be used to increase its Attack, whilst Light Screen ensures that it can take on Delphox's Special Attacks such as Psychic, Dazzling Gleam or Shadow Ball (if not Tera).
Iron Head is Ceruledge's main Attacking move, which will be boosted by Tera.
Clear Smog can be used as a damaging move to reset Delphox's stat boosts (with Nasty Plot and Agility). However, Taunt can be used to stop Delphox from using these set-up moves.

1688516620401.png

Heatran @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Metal Sound
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam

Whilst I don't recommend legendaries (since it would be hard to reset EVs once the raid is over), I do think this is a worthy mention.
Heatran can weaken Delphox through Metal Sound, whilst Taunt can be used to stop Delphox from boosting with Nasty Plot/Agility.
Flash Cannon is Heatran's special main move.
Steel Beam can be used as a last resort. Whilst it comes at the cost of Heatran losing 50% of its health, I do believe that Heatran can gain the lost health again with Shell Bell.

:SV/Skuntank:
Shell Bell
Ability doesn't matter unless you want to run Screech, in which case Keen Eye
I wouldn't recommend Terastallizing unless you're willing to take the risk, in which case I guess Dark.
252 HP / 252 Spec Def / 6 Spec Atk
Calm Nature

Acid Spray
Rain Dance
Smokescreen
Sludge Bomb/Screech

The reason I don't recommend Terastallizing is because, well basically assuming Delphox is running Psychic and not Psyshock you really don't want to be getting your Spec Def dropped. Armarouge's Flash Fire at the very least makes it so he takes no more than not very effective damage on all of Delphox's STABs even without Tera and he just has to worry if she has Shadow Ball before Terastallizing or Focus Blast after, Skuntank doesn't have that. And I'd rather not risk being weak to Dazzling Gleam, though that's just me. As for Sludge Bomb or Screech, that basically depends. Do you want to help the potential physical attackers get some damage in helped by Delphox's lower physical defense, especially since the special attackers will be getting hit constantly by Mystical Fire (Although do keep in mind this won't do jack when she sets up the shield) or do you want to aid in dealing damage outside of a 60 BP move?

:SV/Skuntank:
Shell Bell
Ability doesn't matter unless you want to run Screech, in which case Keen Eye
I wouldn't recommend Terastallizing unless you're willing to take the risk, in which case I guess Dark.
252 HP / 252 Spec Def / 6 Spec Atk
Calm Nature

Acid Spray
Rain Dance
Smokescreen
Sludge Bomb/Screech
Ok but if we're wanting to go with a Dark/Poison there's another option which actually happens to have some bulk..

Muk-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy
Sassy Nature
- Acid Spray
- Mud-Slap
- Snarl
- Helping Hand / Poison Jab / whatever

It's probably not going to do a whole lot of damage, but it has solid special bulk, an actually better moveset than Skuntank, Power of Alchemy to steal an unfortunate Flash Fire (Does that even work? If it does, it's amazing), and your 4th move can really be anything you feel like using, even Poison Jab if you want to do some actual damage since Muk has respectable uninvested attack

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I present: the next edition of Slowbro (that doesn't require Home)!

:sv/grumpig:
Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 60 SpA / 252 SpD / 196 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Taunt
- Calm Mind / Amnesia
- Protect / Mud Slap / Trailblaze / Nasty Plot

Between Thick Fat and Psychic typing, you resist its regular STABs and only have to worry about Dazzling Gleam, which has no secondary effects. Taunt stops Delphox from shenanigans, Protect is just another turn of Leftovers recovery. The speed EVs put you ahead of neutral Delphox, but if it's Timid or if you want an extra point for Stored Power, Trailblaze does that too. (Icy Wind will miss.) Shadow Ball will still be bad, but depending on raid actions, boosting might get you through the worst of that.

If Delphox is hard tuned against Stored Power strats like the last few raids have been, this will obviously not work. If you really like the pig though, you can try this:

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 60 SpA / 252 SpD / 196 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Light Screen / Snarl
- Mud Slap / Icy Wind / etc

It also gets Simple Beam, but that might be playing with fire a little too much.

Moves
Fire Blast
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Will-O-Wisp

Additional Moves
Dazzling Gleam
Magic Room
Nasty Plot

Seems like Armarouge will go a long way here.

1688689413795.png

Here is Delphox's script from the raid lookup site. It is pretty mean with an early shield and time pressure and "second shield"/double moves.
EDIT: Also this raid is 150 seconds shorter than the usual 7 star raids at 600 seconds.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)