ORAS OU jirachi + sweeps

hello, i have some months of ORAS competitive battle. however, i have found some pretty interesting techniques using certain pokemon. to begin with, this team isnt centered in a mega evolution pokemon. so this mega pokemon can vary depending on your preferences.
#1 jirachi
evs: 252 HP
176 SpD
80 Spe

item
choice scarf

moveset
trick
iron head
ice punch
u-turn

jirachi can get help by pokemon like focus sash leafeon. using swords dance to baton pass and choosing jirachi can lead to some sweeps using iron head with a 60% chance of flinching due to jirachis serene grace. choice scarf makes jirachi be faster than most pokemon, however it locks jirachi to one move. so choose wisely. unless you do trick, trick can force pokemon that usually have status moves like swords dance, manaphys tail glow, etc to use only that move. forcing them to switch while you gain momentum. but this makes jirachi slower making its sweeps harder

#2 meloetta (piruette based)
evs 252 Atk
252 Spe

item leftovers/focus band

moveset
relic song
psychic
close combat
calm mind

one of the most hard to use or most occasional pokemon in this set is meloetta. like always it starts in its aria form. you can prepare some calm minds and proceed to use relic song. once meloetta has done this you can change between its piruette form to its aria form if you need it. or use close combat against bulky Sp Def pokemon. you can also use a life orb but it will most likely kill meloetta easily due to other pokemon attacks and its not so good defense. once meloetta did some calm minds it will be hard to kill while leftovers recover it.

#3 leafeon
evs 252 atk
252 speed

item
focus sash

moveset
swords dance
leaf blade
knock off
baton pass

leafeon is a vital part of this team, working as a support for jirachi. using swords dance and then baton pass to jirachi can make a small sweep. leafeon also works to handle threats like bulky calm mind slowbro and, if you opponent chooses a fire type pokemon you can always do knock off, dealing a good amount of damage if it doesnt kill (obviously after some sword dances)

#4 manaphy
evs 4 SpD
252 Sp Atk
252 Spe

item
leftovers

moveset
toxic
surf/hydro pump
tail glow
rain dance

manaphy is a really strong pokemon in this set. 2 tail glows maximize your sp atk. also despite manaphys slow look it can be really fast with a 100 base Speed stat along with ev training makes him faster. manaphy can handle treats like blissey by just doing rain dance and tail glow. healing itself with hydration from typical blisseys with toxic. this pokemon has a great sweeping potential

#5 serperior
evs 252 sp atk
252 speed

ability
contrary

item
life orb

moveset
leaf storm
giga drain
leech seed
hidden power fire/ice

serperior is one of the best sweepers in this team. contrary makes leaf storm sharply raise his special attack. also serperior has a really high base speed plus the ev training. so being slower isnt something to worry about. leaf storm hits really hard and gets stronger each turn. when serperior HP is low due to life orb giga drain comes to action.

mega gardevoir
evs
252 Sp Atk
252 Spe

item
gardevoirite

moveset
destiny bond
moonblast
psychic
calm mind

mega gardevoir can get really bulky after some calm minds. also it makes it stronger. it can handle dragon types easily with its moonblast. while doing destiny bond if you predict you opponent will KO you. misuse of destiny bond can lead other pokemon to make their stats stronger while if you fail to predict you waste valuable turns

Hey there, welcome to Smogon!

I'm not sure what format you are using for your team, as it does not say your mons' natures anywhere. I do, however, have a few changes for your team. All I really did is change a few sets.

I'm not sure about your Jirachi. You have a choice scarf on it, yet no attack investment at all. You're using the pivot Jirachi EV spread with a choice scarf, which is certainly not your best option. 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe along with a Jolly Nature benefits you much more than the EV spread you're currently using.

For Manaphy, if you're going to use Rain Dance, then I suggest using Rest > Toxic, as Rest gets all your health back in one go and you don't even have to suffer the sleep turns thanks to Hydration. I'd also use Scald > Surf / Hydro Pump, since Manaphy is already really powerful, especially with Rain and TG boosts further powering it. The burn chance is also nice on things that have a sash or Sturdy. I'm not too familiar with Manaphy, so I'm not sure if there's a better EV spread for it anywhere. Also Timid Nature if you don't have that.

I honestly don't see why you would need Leech Seed on a sweeping Serperior set, so definitely Dragon Pulse > Leech Seed, as Dragon Pulse gives you a little bit more coverage, and Serperior's moveset is pretty shallow to begin with anyways. And I'd also say definitely go with HP Fire > HP Ice. Timid Nature.

DO. NOT. USE. MOONBLAST. MEGA-GARDEVOIR. M-Gard has Pixilate for a reason. Hyper Voice > Moonblast, definitely. M-Gardevoir's ability, Pixilate changes Hyper Voice into a Fairy move, with more power than Moonblast, and you're not going to go fishing for SpA drops anyways, so Hyper Voice will always be better on M-Gard. I'm not sure about destiny bond, so I'd recommend Focus Blast > Destiny Bond, since Focus Blast increases Gardevoir's sweeping potential, letting it break past fat steels such as Heatran, Ferro, and Skarm. Timid Nature.

To be frank, these two mons aren't very viable in OU. I'd replace them with other options, probably bulky mons or a pivot that would support a sweep from one of the other team members.

Sorry about this, but I'm going to have to end off my rate here. I'm really running out of time at the moment, and I'm doing this in a rush lol. If I have time later (I probably won't, though), I'll add onto my rate. Sorry again! :( But I hope I helped you, and enjoy your team!
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe; Jolly Nature
Rest > Toxic; Scald > Surf / Hydro Pump; Timid Nature
Dragon Pulse > Leech Seed; HP Fire > HP Ice; Timid Nature
Hyper Voice > Moonblast; Focus Blast > Destiny Bond; Timid Nature
Replace with other more viable mons, hopefully someone else will bring it up

Hey nice team there but there are many changes to be made.You also havent mentionedy any natures so fix that.
why does jirachi have no attack investment and only 80 speed EVs which ruins the point of scarf so change that to this-

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
gardevoir-mega should never run moonblast. It gets pixilate which turns normal type attacks to fairy tye and gives them 0.3X boost.After pixilate boost Hyper voive has 117 base power compared to moonblast's 95.I would also say that u change psychic to psyshock to help against special walls like chansey. Lastly destiny bond is not the best move as it leaves the set walled by toxic heatran and leech ferrothorn.So change that to Focus blast.SET-

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Serperior set is a bit messed up as well as there is no point running leech seed on a sweeper so change that to dragon pulse which is good coverage move against dragons that resist your STAB.Also HP Fire>HP ice on serp cause it does get dragon pulse.I dont feel tht giga drain is better than substitute on serperior as substitute allows for easy set up options and useful against switches.SET-

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

Also Energy ball>toxic on manaphy and Scald>every other Water move.Scald is the best water stab on ever water type because of the burn chance and energy ball to blow through bulky water types.SET-

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy ball

There is no point using leafeon as it is only adding for weavile and mega manectric weakness.You also have a serperior which handles every water type(Shut up! Scarf keldeo doesnt exist.) I suggest u change that Skarmory as it handles weavile,Bird Spam and proivdes hazard control as well.(iy is kind of a momentum killer but what weavile weakness is to big.)SET-

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron head
- Whirlwind

Lastly u are very weak to mega manectric so changing meloetta to tyranitar is a good decision as it also pursuit traps lati twins (specially latios with HP fir might be problematic)
SET-

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthqauke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)