Japanese Movie Celebi Confirmed

The advantage of Aura Sphere is that you can hit Tyranitar and still get your pick of coverage on Dragons/Swampert/Gliscor. So you can't scout for HP Grass and then know your Ttar is a safe switch-in. Plus, 90 bp is much better than 70.

Then there's the fact that Ghost-Fighting is flawless coverage, with very respectable 80/90 BP and perfect accuracy. Very few other pokes can get that, save the rare special Luke. And when you add a Hidden Power to that, nothing is a safe switch save Blissey.

Everyone here seems all hyped-out by this, but they don't seem to take in consideration GameFreak's stupidity when they do movie events and shiny events above all else (seriously, retardCeus Lvl 100 was a kick in the balls enough and a Jolly-natured shiny Pichu was just, yeah, thanks a lot -.-)
I'll just come back when everyone is complaining about Celebi being serious all the time, Entei being Naughty, Suicune being Timid (they tend to not fuck up with the least useful of all) and Raikou being Adamant.

But on the other hand, maybe its just me wanting that to happen because I'll never be able to RNG them myself unless they give them on Wi-fi AND the fack that I just went through an ordeal to RNG HG/SS beasts only to come here and find this >.<
Meh, anyway it will be cool to have Raikou on OU if that happens ^^

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hmm. Celebi can pass Nasty plots and Sworddances now. Give her/it agility and Taunt and call it a day.

That is possible the only reason why Mew is Uber. Passing 2+ to anything is no joke.

Hmm. Celebi can pass Nasty plots and Sworddances now. Give her/it agility and Taunt and call it a day.

That is possible the only reason why Mew is Uber. Passing 2+ to anything is no joke.
Unfortunately, Celebi does not get Taunt. However, Nasty Plot / Baton Pass / Grass Knot / HP Fire would be able to cover most of the phazers.

celebi doesn't learn agility either
the guy just meant it would be nice if it did
mew is uber not only because it can baton pass those but because it can learn...every single tms and that's why...it's versatile.

as for the celebi...heck you can even do sword dance/nasty plot/baton pass/recover or something

ofc for a dedicated bp team.

oh and i was thinking about celebi with colbur berry.
with np, it can ohko tyranitar (scarf, cb, dd) and does 80% min dmg to careful cursetar even without life orb.

Why does everyone still think Level 100s can't be EV trained? EVs are automatically applied when a Pokemon is put into the PC.

And Game Freak just loves to drop us broken events and then give them horrible natures.
either they don't give a fuck
or they want to fuck with us
either way we're fucked lol
but i still love their games :D

Everyone here seems all hyped-out by this, but they don't seem to take in consideration GameFreak's stupidity when they do movie events and shiny events above all else (seriously, retardCeus Lvl 100 was a kick in the balls enough and a Jolly-natured shiny Pichu was just, yeah, thanks a lot -.-)
I'll just come back when everyone is complaining about Celebi being serious all the time, Entei being Naughty, Suicune being Timid (they tend to not fuck up with the least useful of all) and Raikou being Adamant.

But on the other hand, maybe its just me wanting that to happen because I'll never be able to RNG them myself unless they give them on Wi-fi AND the fack that I just went through an ordeal to RNG HG/SS beasts only to come here and find this >.<
Meh, anyway it will be cool to have Raikou on OU if that happens ^^
Why does everyone still think Level 100s can't be EV trained? EVs are automatically applied when a Pokemon is put into the PC.

And Game Freak just loves to drop us broken events and then give them horrible natures.

I really think that Calm Mind would be used over Nasty Plot on Baton Pass teams because it allows you to pass SpDef as well. If you did go with Nasty Plot, who are you going to use to pass Amnesia? Hypno? Girafarig?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
celebi doesn't learn agility either
the guy just meant it would be nice if it did
mew is uber not only because it can baton pass those but because it can learn...every single tms and that's why...it's versatile.
That is so much BS. As an avid Mew fan, I've searched up EVERYTHING that has to do with Mew. Unpredictability my ass. The simple fact that
1. Pumping Mew full of Defensive EV's>Rock Polishing>Taunting phazer>Swordsdance or Nasty plot>Baton Pass.

That is the ONLY reason why Mew is Uber. Baton pass.

I was wondering what you guys think about bulky nasty-plot celebi?
Would it work? While celebi does have a reliable recovery move and good bulkiness, I feel like the spDef boost it gets from calm mind may hurt it quite a bit. However, I also think it might work as the meta is very physically based.

That is so much BS. As an avid Mew fan, I've searched up EVERYTHING that has to do with Mew. Unpredictability my ass. The simple fact that
1. Pumping Mew full of Defensive EV's>Rock Polishing>Taunting phazer>Swordsdance or Nasty plot>Baton Pass.

That is the ONLY reason why Mew is Uber. Baton pass.
That is bull.
You are thinking of mew's viability in UBERs to categorize his tier status.
So what you've searched everything that has to do with mew, what did you actually search about, can you enlighten us with your newly acquired mew-related knowledge (seriously asking). If mew was in OU, it could be a sword dancer, a rock polisher or an agility sweeper, nasty plot sweeper, a anti-lead+sr lead (or separate whatever and hatever is a crucial word as I am saying it can do whatever it wants to pretty much), it can be a scarfer (revenge killer or/and a scout with u-turn and things like tyranitar won't be a counter as it has sooo many moves which it can utilize...like u-turn or superpower), a baton-passer as you said and wlel that' a given anyone knows that with so many stat-up moves to choose from, and it can even be played defensively like celebi (kinda like celebi in a way) with an instant, reliable recovery move (roost, recover) and only 3 weeknesses (dark, bug, ghost) and above average bulk. While it is in general outclassed and lives in shadows of the likes of mewtwo (sweeping terms) or other walls (lugia, gira.etc) in UBERs, that probably won't be the case in OU (theorymon still but I would say this is a pretty obvious statement). I ended up writing a bit more than I thought I would but heck there's SO much mew can do. I will end this by saying this: tier placement of a pokemon does not rely on its performances in the UBER environment but in OU (ofc it hasn't had the chance to be a suspect) meta-game.

eidt: whoops not recover but softboiled (rofl)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As far as I can see, here are Celebi's notable strengths as a Baton Passer:

1) 100 / 100 / 100 defenses ranks among the highest overall bulk spreads in the tier. We've all experienced battling Jirachi and Celebi in the tier enough to understand just how bulky that is in OU. It's significantly tougher than the likes of Rotom, Zapdos and even Swampert. This will really help Celebi set up despite a number of weaknesses. Scarftar is not 1hko'ing this thing no matter what.

2) 100 base speed lets it outrun and setup on a number of pokemon. Importantly, you stay ahead of Scizor easily, and with your bulk + nasty plot, you will always be taking it out with HP Fire. Also, keep in mind that Baton Pass is unaffected by Pursuit, which means Nast Plot B-Pass will always be fucking up CB ttar really badly (as long as you don't say, b-pass a heatran into Earthquake . . .).

Furthermore, I haven't done calcs but I imagine +2 Grass Knot does a real number on Flygon, which means CB/LO Flygon also cannot be so at ease, considering it could lose the speed tie.

3) Natural Cure presents opportunities to absorb Thunder Wave and make slow passes that allow your pass-targets to come in more easily (while still presenting a possible chance to sweep later on).

4) On the vast majority of teams, there is at least 1 easy set up target for Celebi-- the enemy Bulky Water. Well, unless that bulky water's name is Bounce Gyarados/Sludge-Bomb Tentacruel. Celebi will be taking fairly low damage from un-stabbed Ice Beams. Vaporeon, Suicune, Swampert and even Starmie will likely provide reasonable set-up opportunities. With their value as a tank and lack of SR weakness, most players will almost always opt to switch their bulky water immediately out of a threat with a super effective attack, which gives Celebi great opportunities to set up.

5) My guess is that Nasty Plot Celebi will have a certain degree of unpredictability. For instance, just because Celebi Nasty Plotted, is it fast and bulky? Is it fast and hard-hitting? Is it slow, bulky and hard-hitting? Is it even carrying Baton Pass (Energy/Knott, HP Fire, Earth Power would be a nasty surprise for Heatran)? Add potential for Thunderwave, Screens and Recover in the fray and you have an unpredictable little bastard.

Anything else I'm missing?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
That is bull.
You are thinking of mew's viability in UBERs to categorize his tier status.
So what you've searched everything that has to do with mew, what did you actually search about, can you enlighten us with your newly acquired mew-related knowledge (seriously asking). If mew was in OU, it could be a sword dancer, a rock polisher or an agility sweeper, nasty plot sweeper, a anti-lead+sr lead (or separate whatever and hatever is a crucial word as I am saying it can do whatever it wants to pretty much), it can be a scarfer (revenge killer or/and a scout with u-turn and things like tyranitar won't be a counter as it has sooo many moves which it can utilize...like u-turn or superpower), a baton-passer as you said and wlel that' a given anyone knows that with so many stat-up moves to choose from, and it can even be played defensively like celebi (kinda like celebi in a way) with an instant, reliable recovery move (roost, recover) and only 3 weeknesses (dark, bug, ghost) and above average bulk. While it is in general outclassed and lives in shadows of the likes of mewtwo (sweeping terms) or other walls (lugia, gira.etc) in UBERs, that probably won't be the case in OU (theorymon still but I would say this is a pretty obvious statement). I ended up writing a bit more than I thought I would but heck there's SO much mew can do. I will end this by saying this: tier placement of a pokemon does not rely on its performances in the UBER environment but in OU (ofc it hasn't had the chance to be a suspect) meta-game.

eidt: whoops not recover but softboiled (rofl)

No. I am thinking of it's viability in OU. Lots of pokemon have A LOT of variety. Counter Blissey's are nonexistant but I can lose a pokemon to one of them. Someone ran FIRE BLAST on their Aerodactyl once when I switched in my Scizor. Unpredictability is fine... the first time. If Mew were to be OU, it would cause up a big stir then die down... Unfortunately it's Baton Pass set is Broken Passing a Lucario a Swordsdance AND a Rock Polish is just nasty. It's leads set suck in OU. It's not going to stop Azelf and friends from laying down the rocks, Trickrachi does the Choice Scarf gig better too.

As a swordsdancer, it lacks the offensive physical STAB to deliver high power blows. (SD Garchomp + Outrage, SD Lucario + Close Combat etc)
Psychic sucks offensively.

The only thing that might be broken on it's own is Nasty Plot Mew. It mean, even Ttar would not be able to switch in on that monstrousity.
Then again, this is pure theorymoning.

In short Mew is broken because of Baton Pass and it's strong Nasty plot set.

PS: (space your posts please :( it's hard to read)

As far as I can see, here are Celebi's notable strengths as a Baton Passer:

1) 100 / 100 / 100 defenses ranks among the highest overall bulk spreads in the tier. We've all experienced battling Jirachi and Celebi in the tier enough to understand just how bulky that is in OU. It's significantly tougher than the likes of Rotom, Zapdos and even Swampert. This will really help Celebi set up despite a number of weaknesses. Scarftar is not 1hko'ing this thing no matter what.

2) 100 base speed lets it outrun and setup on a number of pokemon. Importantly, you stay ahead of Scizor easily, and with your bulk + nasty plot, you will always be taking it out with HP Fire. Also, keep in mind that Baton Pass is unaffected by Pursuit, which means Nast Plot B-Pass will always be fucking up CB ttar really badly (as long as you don't say, b-pass a heatran into Earthquake . . .).

Furthermore, I haven't done calcs but I imagine +2 Grass Knot does a real number on Flygon, which means CB/LO Flygon also cannot be so at ease, considering it could lose the speed tie.

3) Natural Cure presents opportunities to absorb Thunder Wave and make slow passes that allow your pass-targets to come in more easily (while still presenting a possible chance to sweep later on).

4) On the vast majority of teams, there is at least 1 easy set up target for Celebi-- the enemy Bulky Water. Well, unless that bulky water's name is Bounce Gyarados/Sludge-Bomb Tentacruel. Celebi will be taking fairly low damage from un-stabbed Ice Beams. Vaporeon, Suicune, Swampert and even Starmie will likely provide reasonable set-up opportunities. With their value as a tank and lack of SR weakness, most players will almost always opt to switch their bulky water immediately out of a threat with a super effective attack, which gives Celebi great opportunities to set up.

5) My guess is that Nasty Plot Celebi will have a certain degree of unpredictability. For instance, just because Celebi Nasty Plotted, is it fast and bulky? Is it fast and hard-hitting? Is it slow, bulky and hard-hitting? Is it even carrying Baton Pass (Energy/Knott, HP Fire, Earth Power would be a nasty surprise for Heatran)? Add potential for Thunderwave, Screens and Recover in the fray and you have an unpredictable little bastard.

Anything else I'm missing?
Agreed. Though, I see a problem in its 7 weaknesses, possibly as some of them are very common.

list anything that comes close to mew's versatility.
the thing is it does not need to pass those to another user as it can do all of them itself, including bp. it does not need to stop only azelf. you are thinking with a very narrow-mind as there are a lot of other leads as well. is azelf even close to mew's versatility? no. is any in OU? no. it does not need to be broken with just one set for a pokemon to be broken, which is evident with mew. and i don't like spacing my posts since it makes the post to long. as for the further mew argument, please do pm me about it as it is an off-topic in this thread and i wouldn't want to get infracted again.

Smeargle...but I get your point.
that works

glisgor would like to say hi to all people on about +2+2 passing with taunt
mew also learns nasty plot on top of that (and every single tms, which is really i mean really ridiculous)

Oh, come on... even Floatzel can do that (and it pass not only attack boosts, but also defense boosts, together with a Agility)...

It can. I'm not saying it's effective. But it can.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
...and its weaknesses (one quad) to two very common attacking types, and its nowhere-near-base-100 HP and Special Defense, and its inability to be a real offensive threat without being relatively easily walled...

...and its weaknesses (one quad) to two very common attacking types, and its nowhere-near-base-100 HP and Special Defense, and its inability to be a real offensive threat without being relatively easily walled...
Gliscors defences aint exactly poor with 75/125/75 along with a ground and electric immunity its rather easy to get a pass off with it if you ever tryed

With screen support most bulky waters fail to 2HKO Gliscor with Ice Beam and I'm not sure if any unboosted Ice Beam OHKOs it.

It's probably the most efficient passer in standard.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Crush Claw is actually kind of funny. It can help break-open some would be counters to a physical sweeper. It's just too bad that Entei is a Fire type and not a Water Type, as Fire/Normal is rather "meh" coverage.

If say, Flotzel got Normal type and Crush Claw, I'd give it serious consideration. [/wild theorymon]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)