Japanese Movie Celebi Confirmed

it'd random. I still think SD celebi > NP celebi imo for passing, same coverage and power but so many more recipents and surprice value

Um. Celebi Baton Pass to heatran? They have excellent synergy together, and while Heatran isn't exactly fast, it has excellent bulk and hits like a fucking truck.

According to the wondercard, this pokemon can be distributed on all 4th gen Japanese games. The event carries on till the movie stops airing in Japanese cinemas.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When is this event happening?? It says July 10th - September 31st on Serebii, but we haven't got it on Shoddy or PO, so I presume it isn't out yet.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Already out, many people in Wifi have RNGed several Celebis. Shoddy isn't updating (13th movie legendaries aren't out and Eruption Heatran from forever ago), and PO already has Nasty Plot in Celebi's moveset IIRC.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How come we can't update this on Shoddy?? It's not a shiny and specific nature, so I can't see why we can't just pop NP onto its movepool now??

We are waiting for this thread to be closed. When it is closed, NP Celebi should be approved rather fast, but Doug is having problems with forum permissions.

Although it is similar to Infernape and Togekiss, both of which are superior in some respects, I can see a Nasty Plot Celebi as a force to be reckoned with.

100 base stats across the board are really, really nice. Although Celebi is generally a wall, Nasty Plot and 100 base Sp. Atk can make for a real threat. For a potential sweeper, Celebi has excellent defenses. I think running a 252 Speed Timid Celebi, with the rest of its EVs distributed into HP, SpAtk, and Defense could be a force to be reckoned with.

Of course, Infernape would destroy it hands down, but overall it has decent potential.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Come on, we all know NP Celebi is going to be popular because of Heatran. Either you NP up and take on its counter yourself (LOL Shuca Heatran), or you pass to your own Heatran and destroy everything. Your call. :)

Suicune isn't going to like this one bit...and neither will Jirachi, since it can't just CM in your face and watch you do lol for damage. Scizor's gonna lament the fact that support variants will be able to OHKO it with HP Fire after the NP boost too...

This is going to be so much fun.

Although it is similar to Infernape and Togekiss, both of which are superior in some respects, I can see a Nasty Plot Celebi as a force to be reckoned with.

100 base stats across the board are really, really nice. Although Celebi is generally a wall, Nasty Plot and 100 base Sp. Atk can make for a real threat. For a potential sweeper, Celebi has excellent defenses. I think running a 252 Speed Timid Celebi, with the rest of its EVs distributed into HP, SpAtk, and Defense could be a force to be reckoned with.

Of course, Infernape would destroy it hands down, but overall it has decent potential.
Agreeing with this. I think investing in HP and Speed is definitely the way to go. If you want bulk alone, Togekiss is arguably better, while all out offense is handled by Infernape. Celebi provides just the right combination of bulk, speed, and power (it isn't obliterated by a single attack like Infernape, and can outspeed things like Lucario and Gyara unlike Togekiss), so I could definitely see it having its own niche as an attacker.

Okay you all seem to know something I don't. How do you get the darn thing? I want it regardless of natures or moves. This darn thing has eluded me since Gold and Silver!

Okay you all seem to know something I don't. How do you get the darn thing? I want it regardless of natures or moves. This darn thing has eluded me since Gold and Silver!
Right now, the only way to get this Celebi is to go to a movie theater airing the latest Pokemon movie in Japan or get it from someone who did. Later on, it will probably be distributed at GameStops in the United States and similar game stores elsewhere, but for now, it's only being distributed in Japan.

SJCrew

Fuck, wait a minute, just thought about this...we're giving +2 to a 100-base legendary. With Occa Berry....ugh, not fun.

I sincerely hope this epidemic doesn't turn out to be similar to 3-4, or worse, the trial run of Manaphy on OU ladder. :(

Fuck, wait a minute, just thought about this...we're giving +2 to a 100-base legendary. With Occa Berry....ugh, not fun.

I sincerely hope this epidemic doesn't turn out to be similar to 3-4, or worse, the trial run of Manaphy on OU ladder. :(
I seriously doubt this will be the case. Manaphy has a much better offensive STAB, and less weaknesses. If NP Celebi really becomes too popular, I might start running Scarf Scizor on my team to check it. It's already a pretty useful Pokemon in its own right (revenge kills Starmie/Gengar much like ScarfTar without the sandstorm), so it's not like you'd have to really go out of your way.

Blasphemy has good points. People really underestimate just how awesome a pure water-typing is. Celebi has 5 easily exploitable weaknesses (Fire, Ice, Bug, Dark, Ghost) compared to 1 for Manaphy (Electric), so there will be more options to take it down. Moreover, Manaphy could feasibly sweep with Surf alone thanks to great coverage, but Celebi's STABs are resisted by a plethora of types, including an immunity.

SJCrew

I'm not calling out a Uber-scare or anything, I'm just pointing out how awfully annoying this set is going to be. Even though it has its weaknesses, it's still incredibly bulky and Celebi can always take one good hit before owns shit in the face.

Don't forget, it can baton pass the boost too. And with such a great support movepool, it will be quite a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)