January 26-28: 5* Flutter Mane/Iron Jugulis & Version Exclusive Outbreaks

https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/en/page/142.html
1705961817643.png

Instead of continuing the Indigo Disk starters after Blaziken, we get more of these random type 5-star paradoxes long after the elephant incident. At least it's only for one week and not being rerun. At this point we still have Venusaur, Blastoise, Meganium, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Serperior, Emboar, Incineroar, and Primarina to go out of returning starters, which will take at least 26 weeks just to get through 13 mons with reruns.

https://sv-news.pokemon.co.jp/en/page/178.html
1705961894815.png

Happening at the same time are mass outbreaks for Gulpin, Stunky, Skrelp, and Clauncher making them available in both versions. The Uncommon/Rare mark is boosted depending on version, with the mon that normally appears getting Uncommon and the mon normally not in the game getting Rare.

We'd get rando 5*s between mighty marks anyway, wouldn't be surprsied if the next one starts up right after this. Also this is our third set of normal paradoxes, we had the Volcaronas back in September.

I doubt they're in a hurry, anyway. They'll probably purposely spread them out over the game's remaining life time over the next 2 years.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I had started uploading 7* raid clears to Youtube, and now they tell me the next 7* will be the weekend I fly to a regional? My heart is torn asunder

Flutter probably won't be too difficult to beat with base 55 in HP and Defense, but it does a lot of damage, so that might trip some people up. Worth noting though that they might give it Moonblast, which would lower the level you can legally have a Moonblast Flutter!

...yeah, there's not much to talk about with those. I'll get to shiny hunt Gulpin I guess?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually love it… I’m hyped. Hopefully they do Scream Tail soon because it’s bs that it’s impossible to find one on the code trades after the Iron Bundle 7 Star.

Definitely want some more Flutter Manes.

And… can’t wait to shiny hunt the mass outbreaks~~

I never cared about Shines until the damn Eevee event gave me the bug. I did ONE hunt b/c my daughters love Shiny Sylveon and I had sooooooo much unused Herba Mystica, and now I caught the damn bug.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I’ve only been doing Fluttermane— this has worked out pretty well:

Tentacruel
Calm 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Clear Body
Leftovers
Tera Poison
- Acid Spray
- Skatter Bug
- Sludge Bomb
- Rain Dance

Great supporter I think, but sometimes the boss just gets DESTROYED while you’re like “yay! I brought it down to -2! Oh wait it’s almost over.”

Chou Toshio

Over9000
End of the day, I hauled:
3 Fluttermane (it was SO hard getting into these…)
2 Shiny Skrelp (God I hate these guys, small and diving… bleh)
2 Shiny Clauncher
1 Shiny Gulpin (Suuuuuper easy hunt but don’t like much so wasn’t very motivated)
4 Shiny Stunky (I found 2 shinies right next to each other!! <3)

Hope they do more of these… not feelin the “treasure” value from Starter 7 Stars anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)