Its an OU RMT. No need for a flashy title

Team at a Glance:

So this team has done me rather well, but I've noticed some flaws. For example, I lack a Steel type, which is obviously not good. I also lack something to set up Stealth Rock, which, while not necessary, is always a nice addition. So, rate to your hearts content, but no excessive flaming, and no stupid posts like "arcanin sux" or crap like that. Without further ado:

Rotom-w @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def/ 176 Sp. Def
Nature: Bold
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump

First to note, I'm not sure what this EV spread is supposed to do, I just copied it from somewhere else, as I'm no good at doing calcs. But anyways, Rotom here is able to handle many of the top leads (as listed by Smogon's statistics for May). Azelf will die to Shadow Ball, Aerodactyl to Tbolt, Ape, Hippo, and Heatran to Hydro Pump (which is why I chose Wash over Heat), and Metagross, Jirachi, and Swampert will get burned, and its not like they could do much to Rotom anyways.

---

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 18 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar is something that has always scared the hell out of me, and it appears to be a decently popular lead, and Rotom can't handle it if it's faster, so Machamp is a much-needed counter to it. Besides that, No Guard Dynamicpunch is wwwwaaayyy too good, and Machamp also serves as one of my status absorbers, being a ResTalker. Payback is just there to handle Ghosts. Slight Speed investment to ensure outrunning other Machamps (min speed)

---

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Sp. Atk
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Magic Coat

I've never gotten tired of using this guy. The #1 Gyarados counter, a great Salamence counter, being able to outstall Vappy, switch in on Heatran's fire moves or Jolteon/Electivire's electric moves, and reflecting status' back in opponents faces makes Porygon2 one heck of a beastly little duck. His spot on my team is almost non-negotiable, I've used him on every team I've made in the last 8 months. And yes, I do prefer Magic Coat over Thunder Wave, I use Discharge > Thunderbolt for the higher paralysis chance.

---

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch

In my experiences with this team thus far, Breloom has been the biggest threat to all my enemies (except for one idiot who had Lum on all of his Pokémon). 100% sleep, followed by a sub, and losing HP with Leech Seed, and the threat of an insanely powerful Focus Punch, he has been an absolute terror to anything thats not a ghost type. He can also take any status attacks after Toxic Orb activates. Breloom is fastly becoming a favorite of mine.

---

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Naive
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Behold Scarfgon, a great revenge killer and a great scout, added to my team as an answer to Starmie. Really fast and boasting a great Atk stat, it's Outrage rips anything that dosen't resist it to shreds. Earthquake is there to provide a powerful backup STAB move, and to kill Metagross and Heatrans. Fire Blast is there for those Skarms and Zongs that give me a hard time. U-turn is the fun and powerful way to scout out my opponents team, to get me some free switch ins.
---

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 HP / 106 Def / 216 Speed
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Will-o-wisp
- Roar

My friends refer to this set as "Beastcanine", which is a fitting name in my opinion. I didn't make up this spread, but it works. Arcanine here counters the hell out of Scizor, and can dominate any Infernape as well. With intimidate and Will-o-Wisp, it is a very effective way of shutting down many physical sweepers. Roar is a very useful phazing move, and it can reveal an opponents Pokémon if I use it when I predit a switch.
---

So yeah, my results so far with this team have been promising, but there is always room for improvement, so be as nitpicky as you want. Thanks for reading this, assuming you didn't just skip to the bottom :]

Changes are in BOLD

Picture credits go to Bulbapedia.

THREAT LIST

Red means I have a problem with it.
Green means I have no trouble
Black means I am unsure

Scizor: Arcanine molests it.

Salamence: Porygon2 can take physical variants, but I might have troubles with a Specs set

Gyarados: Porygon2 does awful things to it

Heatran: Arcanine beats non-scarf variants, but Scarfed ones might cause some trouble

Metagross: Arcanine beats it mostly, Machamp can DPunch it, Breloom could sleep it

Infernape: Arcanine is all over this. Rotom can come in safely most of the time

Lucario: Arcanine can usually kill it, Rotom stops any set not running Crunch (which it rarely does anymore)

Tyranitar: Machamp completly domintates it

Gengar: Machamp could take a Hypnosis and then hit it with Payback. Flygon can revenge KO it

Swampert: Rotom can burn it, thus eliminating any threat from it

Blissey: Machamp destroys it, Breloom can come after a kill and proceed to rape.

Latias: Flygon can kill it, giving a free switch in fot Rotom, who might be able to take her

Azelf: is almost always seen as a lead, and Rotom kills it easily

Starmie: Can be handled by Machamp and Porygon2. Flygon can come in on anything that isn't Ice Beam and kill, or get a free switch-in if Starmie runs

Jirachi: Barring any luck hax, Arcanine or Rotom can handle it with ease

Zapdos: Rotom can take its hits, but it won't work forever. Porygon2 can reflect a Toxic/Twave back at it, but that's situational

Skarmory: Arcanine, Rotom, Porygon2, and Salamence all say Hi :)

Breloom: Machamp can take sleep, then Arcanine can come in and stop it usually, but it's still really annoying

Bronzong: Arcanine screws over any set that dosen't carry EQ, Machamp can take it's Gyro Ball, absorb sleep, and nail it with
DynamicPunch

Jolteon: Porygon2 can come in easily on an electric move, but if it carries HP Fighting (idk how common that is anymore), and it
isn't choiced, I might have a problem

Gliscor: Porygon2 can Ice Beam it, Rotom can burn and Hydro Pump it. Breloom can rape if he is faster.

Celebi: Arcanine can hit it with Flamethrower, but I don't know how reliable that would be

Machamp: Rotom can come in on the DynamicPunch, burn it, and proceed to kill.

Kingdra: Can cause me some problems with Outrage. Flygon can revenge it easily, however.

Vaporeon: Porygon2 can outstall it (especially if I Magic Coat a Toxic), Rotom can hit it hard with Tbolt

Rotom-A: Arcanine can take their Wisps, but other than that, I got nothing, really.

Flygon: Machamp can take anything but Outrage, and hit back hard with DynamicPunch. Porygon2 can hit it hard with Ice Beams,
and comes in easily on EQs. Rotom can burn it, screwing it over. Still, Outrage hurts :/

Togekiss: Rotom can come in on it, and barring flinchax, screw him over. Porygon2 can Trace Serene Grace and ruin him.

Magnezone: Arcanine can top it, but a Specs Tbolt will hurt. Rotom can come in on pretty much anything, though.

Weavile: .....should I really ever see this pile of crap? Anyways, Arcanine and Machamp say Hi

Anything lower on the usage list is something I probly will not see, I assumer, so I'm not going to bother with it. Looking at the list, nothing except Suicune really threatens me though (Crocune is scary shit :S)

Looks like a solid team, took me a while to think of any major threats. Then Starmie came to mind. The only effective way you have to defeat starmie is a combo of machamp/porygon2 and Salamence. And if Salamence is down, you will struggle immensely against starmie if it carries recover.

With this in mind, i would also suggest Scarf Flygon over Salamence. Flygon has much better resistances, the main notable one is its resistance to Stealth rock, making a good Choice item user. He also has access to U-Turn, which not only gives you a free switch in, but also the ability to pwn starmie.

Looks like a solid team, took me a while to think of any major threats. Then Starmie came to mind. The only effective way you have to defeat starmie is a combo of machamp/porygon2 and Salamence. And if Salamence is down, you will struggle immensely against starmie if it carries recover.

With this in mind, i would also suggest Scarf Flygon over Salamence. Flygon has much better resistances, the main notable one is its resistance to Stealth rock, making a good Choice item user. He also has access to U-Turn, which not only gives you a free switch in, but also the ability to pwn starmie.
You posted before I got my threat list up, but I recognize Starmie as a weakness. This team originally had a Scarfgon in place of Mence, but I switched to Mence for the greater offensive power. I can see how Flygon would help, and I appreciate your input, but I'll wait until morning, when I get a few more opinions, before I make any permanent changes.

I'm going with the other guy on this one. Scarfgon is usually better than Scarfmence, mainly because of the whole Stealth Rock thing, and it takes out starmie with U-Turn. You have a pretty solid team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)