it's an offensive team! omg!

This is an offensive team that I came up with while looking at other people's rmt threads. It probably sucks, but I'd still like some input on it. I like playing offensive teams, but I fail pretty hard at the team-building process. So anyways, my pathetic attempt at a team!
At a Glance...

So...The team is just sort of bases around getting stealth rock up early and battering the opponent into smithereens while using resistances to get dangerous pokemon in and out, setting the pace of the battle and leaving my opponent completely crippled and half-dead. You guys all know how offensive teams work. It has pretty decent type synergy, but I constantly get the feeling that I'm missing something. Hmm.... Anyways, that's where you guys come in.

Edits/Other Stuff: Heatran problem partially solved with the addition of my own heatran to the team. Also, mixapes with np over hp ice (np is the standard) can be dealt with by salamence now. yay. pretty major edits.

GhostBustas!
a.k.a. Gengar

----------------------
Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
Comments: Scarfgar is pretty cool paired up with lucario. This thing is my other form of special attack, but it doesn't really hit too hard. It revenge kills stuff pretty well, and it has real nice coverage. With some good prediction, this could work. He resists luke's weaknesses and luke resists his. This thing is my needed revenge killer, so if I replace him, it'll have to be with another scarfer of some sort. Pretty self-explanatory. This thing is probably going to be my lead now, too, with the taking out of bulkygyara.

I r Scaree!
a.k.a. Salamence

-------------------------
Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 136 speed, 120 hp, 252 attack
~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang
Comments: DDmence eliminates the electric weak that necessitated shaymin. He adds a dragon, rock, and ice weak, but I have 3 resists to rock, and I can get heatran in over shaymin now. He still has intimidate and the sweeping capabilitites that bulkygyara has, but he changes the synergy up just a bit to get in tran better. I'll just have to deal with not having 3 fighting resists to make up for the 2 weaknesses >_>. This guy is still pretty cool, and he spreads intimidates as well. I'll just have to deal with the fact that he's not as bulky.

So i herd U liek Teh Mudkiepz
a.k.a. Swampert

-------------------------
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
Ev's: 252 hp, 212 defence, 46 special defence
~ Stealth Rock
~ Roar
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
Comments: This thing is the defensive rock of my team. It sets up the all important stealth rocks and saves me from sweeps. It scouts nicely with roar, even though the loss of stab surf might make me take out roar. The little saying is kinda stupid, but I still "liek" this pokemon to bits. My first pokemon ever was a mudkip, and I beat the elite four by using all of my moves to whittle down stevens metagross to low hp, only to watch him full restore it back. As I gave up hope and clicked on my last move, earthquake, I watched in amazement as my thoughts of metagross having levitate were washed away by the amazing OHKO *tears up*. Anyways, childhood stupidity aside, the thing is pretty cool.

Cute little Kitty
a.k.a. Heatran

----------------------
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
Ev's: 244 hp, 136 special attack, 128 speed
~ Lava Plume
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Earth Power
Comments: Well, as beastly as Shaymin was, he added to the fire weakness, and only really absorbed stuff sent at gyarados. With gyara gone, I've opted for heatran as my status absorber, as he also manages to come in on sleep and switch out with sleep clause still activated. He is quite bulky, so that's pretty cool, and he has decent coverage with fire+ground, spreading some burn love. He also takes will-o-wisps sent at lucario or salamence, or anybody really. He does shaymins job, but he also adds the all-important fire immunity. The ground is not something I'm worrying about, since salamence can set up or gengar can kill. I have one fighting immunity and one resist, and the addition of heatran removes all doubt that gengar is staying on the team instead of azelf. Heatran can also come in on the ghost weakness of some of the team, and removes the shared flying weakness of gallade. His special attack is satisfying, so he's welcomed heartily by this team.

Gentleman? Nah...
a.k.a. Gallade

--------------------
Gallade @ Choice Band
Ability: Steadfast
Ev's: 64 hp, 252 attack, 192 speed
~ Close Combat
~ Night Slash
~ Ice Punch
~ Psycho Cut
Comments: Gallade hits tons of crap incredibly hard. He can take some special hits, and he likes coming in on intimidated foes. His close combat is equal in power to that of heracross, but he's not nearly as predictable. He provides a valuable resist, and he can also dish out hits to weezing and cresselia, things luke might have trouble with. He dishes out lots of damage to really anything that comes in.

Lukie
a.k.a. Lucario

---------------------------
Lucario @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Ev's: 252 hp, 24 speed, 96 defence, 136 special defence
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed
~ Bullet Punch
Comments: Lucario is amazing for offensive teams due to its 10 resistances and ability to sweep with only one or two turns of set-up. Has sex with cb t-tar's stone edge. the bulky dancer, while it might need two turns to set up, has superior defences. Also, I'm not that type of hardcore life orb type guy. double priority to guarantee stuff. Gliscor is taken care of by the rest of the team, so no need to worry there. scarftran is a nuisance, but hopefully he'll be gone by then. This thing beats things into submission late game, and it's just a cool pokemon all-around. I like it a lot =P.

Threat List!

Tyranitar - Lucario comes in on cb stone edge or crunch and sets up. Shaymin kills that thing with seed flare. Gallade can come in on boah's special attacks and kill with close combat. Scarfgar's focust blast kills it. It gives swampert free stealth rocks at the beginning and earthquakes anyone daring enough to stay in.

Gyarados - He is outsped and killed (even with two dd's) by scarfgar's thunderbolt, who happens to come in on earthquake. If it's a stone edge/ice fang, even Luke can come in.

Infernape - Infernape is troublesome. If he doesn't have hp ice, salamence eats him for breakfast. If he does, then I guess I'm revenge-killing it with scarfgar's shadow ball.

Azelf - Outsped and killed by scarfgar. Luke's extremespeed should do a number to it as well. Scarf versions can be set up on with stealth rock or swords dance, depending on the move they use. Gyarados's waterfall should hurt it as well.

Rhyperior - Heatran outspeeds and earth powers it. Also, focus blast hurts the thing. cb stone edge gets laughed at and set up on by either swampert or lucario. cb eq gets laughed at by gyarados, as does megahorn. CB gallade close combat should 2hko as well. Not a problem at all.

Electivire - This can be problematic if he gets the boost. Scarfgar can come in on earthquake or cross chop, and kill back with shadow ball. Gallade can take a tbolt and then kill back with close combat. Swampert sets up free stealth rocks on the thing.

Heracross - sacrifice salamence to bring lucario in on intimidated cb stone edge and sweep. if he's already locked into something else, mence comes in and sets up. sd and reversal versions are dispatched by scarfgar.

Salamence - He gets revenge killed by scarfgar. Lucario laughs at specs pulse, cb versions locked into stuff other than stone edge get laughed at by gyarados. if he's locked into stone edge, luke comes in.

Togekiss - This thing shouldn't even be used by people. Salamence I guess.

Gengar - Scarfgar revenge kills it. After two sd's luke kills it. After a dd, non scarf versions get owned by gyarados. scarf tbolt=free stealth rocks

Garchomp - Scarfgar comes in and revenge kills. Nothing much else really. scarf earthquakes are switched on by mence (a real ballsy move, but intimidated outrage gets set up on anyways), outrages by luke.

Raikou - Low-health ones are revenge killed by lucario. This thing is a problem for the team.

Lucario - mence earthquakes it. specs aura sphere is laughed at and focus blasted by gengar. not too much of a problem. swords dance verisons get intimidated by gyarados, and not too many pack stone edge. he kills them faster than they kill him.

Tauros - Close combatted by gallade coming in on the stone edge. Scarfgar comes in on the return, gyarados on the earthquake. prediction brings him down.

Starmie - revenge killed and spin-blocked by scarfgar.

Weavile - Lucario's bullet punch. Scarfgar's focust blast. 'nuff said.

Dugtrio - only lucario is threatened by it, and he can usually extremespeed it away (hopefully he has a sd under his belt). shaymin comes in on stuff and seed flares away.

Alakazam - scarfgar comes in on focus blast and kills it. Lucario revenge kills it with extremespeed. if I can get luke or gar in, he's dead.

PorygonZ - scarfgar comes in on tri attack and hp fighting, lucario on dark pulse, they kill it.

Medicham - fighting attacks=gengar kills it. he's real frail gets outsped and killed by most of the team.

Staraptor - gyarados walls and sets up on it. bulk versions get beaten eventually or t-bolted by gengar.

Slowbro - t-bolted, night slashed, or seed flared

Machamp - gengar comes in on dynamic punch and beats it eventually. salamence can take an intimidated stone edge i guess. if he's cb stone edge, luke comes in.

Jolteon - outpsed and killed by scarfgar. specs tbolt=free stealth rocks.

Aerodactyl - free stealth rocks. then he gets killed

Snorlax - free stealth rocks. then focus blasted into oblivion.

Zapdos - shaymin comes in on tbolt and hp grass, swampert on hp ice or tbolt. stealth rocks and ice beam or psychic'ed to death

Blissey - free rocks, then gallade kills it, or swampert scouts some.

Suicune - seed flare'd to death by shaymin, which comes in on whatever.

Sceptile - can't really do anything to lucario, who sets up on it.

Breloom - gengar comes in on focus punch after tran takes the sleep. hp ice'd, or fire fanged by mence. actually, mence looks like the best switch-in right now.

Slaking - gengar comes in on return and earthquake and focus blasts

Tangrowth:- heatran comes in on status or a grass attack and fires away with lava plume

Ninjask - swampert sets up rocks and then phazes. bullet punch kills as well.

Metagross - shaymin can come in and then outspeed and kill with hp fire.

Heatran - gallade has pretty good special defense and responds with close combat. heatran can switch on specs or scarf fire blast.

Celebi - doesn't do shit to heatran, who fires it up.

Jirachi - lucario sets up on it. or, heatran fires it up.

Overall Summary: It's an offensive team. The synergy is pretty decent, and all the pokemon can hit pretty hard (except swampert, who sets up rocks and phazes). lucario and gyarados are very dangerous, and they can sweep with only one or two turns of set-up, which, with their resistances, can be easy to get.

So Basically I set up SR and then batter the opponent to death while taking minimal damage due to resistances and overall (decent) bulkiness.

Please give constructive criticism and help the team where it needs help. I worked hard to make this, so please don't just give crap posts that don't help.

Thanks!!

- Stathakis

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would give Shaymin a Life Orb, and add Rest in. It could also help against non-choice Gengar leads, which I can see giving you some trouble.

I can also see Heatran hurting this team, especially with HP Grass or Electric. Gyarados and Swampert both take 35% minimum from a Life Orb'd Fire Blast, and Gyarados's Stealth Rock weakness doesn't help it at all. A Heatran of your own (or perhaps an attacking Vaporeon?) could help with this.

This team WOULD LOVE Offensive Vappy+LO Shaymin(go Modest on it btw 300+ Speed is helpful only if running HP Ice for Dragons)

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Smogon standard spread/Nature

HP:electric/Surf/Ice Beam/Wish

vaporeon is light so it takes Mix-Apes GK like a champ even when NP'd,so it can switch in ona Flamethrower and Obliterate it.Your team HATES opposijng Gyarados,HP:Electric them.Ice Beam for switching into Chomp's SD and finishing them.And pass wish around

Shaymin@Life Orb
252 Sp.Atk/enough speed for 271/rest in HP(try to minimize recoil from LO with something that rounds down)

Modest
Natural Cure

HP:Fire/Psychic/Seed Flare/Rest OR Grass knot if you want instant recovery go with RESt or If you think Vappy's wish is enough use Grass Knot that's your call

Other than that the team is pretty solid(also since you now have wish you may want to consider LO on Gallade) good luck with your team :)

Like the format. Try a bulkier gallade, a bulk-up one could help your team heaps. Try something like "Careful, TWave//Night Slash//Leaf Blade//Bulk Up"

That set can spam paralysis on foes like weavile, infernape, and hurt some psychics like azelf and cresselia, who could (infernape especially) leave a huge dent in your team.

IggyBot said:
I would give Shaymin a Life Orb, and add Rest in. It could also help against non-choice Gengar leads, which I can see giving you some trouble.

I can also see Heatran hurting this team, especially with HP Grass or Electric. Gyarados and Swampert both take 35% minimum from a Life Orb'd Fire Blast, and Gyarados's Stealth Rock weakness doesn't help it at all. A Heatran of your own (or perhaps an attacking Vaporeon?) could help with this.
the life orb on shaymin sounds pertty good with rest over grass knot. I didn't realise that my fire resists took so much from heatran! The problem is, what would I replace with vappy or heatran. Replacing, well, anything really, with heatran hurts the type synergy...a lot. Right now, I just sorta added in bulkygyara as an intimidater and lead, and he fit the team kida well. He would be the first to go for anything. Worst comes to worst, I sacrifice swampert after he sets up rocks, and then cb gallade comes in to obliterate him. That's all I can think of for now. But until I can find a way to keep the synergy going, I don't think I should replace anything.

Master Sunny-EX said:
This team WOULD LOVE Offensive Vappy+LO Shaymin(go Modest on it btw 300+ Speed is helpful only if running HP Ice for Dragons)

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Smogon standard spread/Nature

HP:electric/Surf/Ice Beam/Wish

vaporeon is light so it takes Mix-Apes GK like a champ even when NP'd,so it can switch in ona Flamethrower and Obliterate it.Your team HATES opposijng Gyarados,HP:Electric them.Ice Beam for switching into Chomp's SD and finishing them.And pass wish around

Shaymin@Life Orb
252 Sp.Atk/enough speed for 271/rest in HP(try to minimize recoil from LO with something that rounds down)

Modest
Natural Cure

HP:Fire/Psychic/Seed Flare/Rest OR Grass knot if you want instant recovery go with RESt or If you think Vappy's wish is enough use Grass Knot that's your call

Other than that the team is pretty solid(also since you now have wish you may want to consider LO on Gallade) good luck with your team :)
Well...the problem with adding in vappy is once again...where do I put him in? also, I don't really like the idea of wish, as it gives the opponent a turn to 'regain their footing' as well. If the pokemon can't do huge damage or plug up a huge hole, I probably won't be using it.

Xiao said:
Like the format. Try a bulkier gallade, a bulk-up one could help your team heaps. Try something like "Careful, TWave//Night Slash//Leaf Blade//Bulk Up"

That set can spam paralysis on foes like weavile, infernape, and hurt some psychics like azelf and cresselia, who could (infernape especially) leave a huge dent in your team.
The format is beachboy's. The thing about bulk up gallade is it doesn't hit really hard straight off the bat. For cresselia and azelf, Gallade does a number with night slash, and he can switch kinda well with his okay special defence. For infernape, clever switching or sacrificing someone is all I can do for now, which is why vappy could be used, but once again, the synergy gets hurt. So for now, clever switching to kill him with life-orb is pretty much all I can do, unless I get gengar in on close combat.

Thanks for the reply, guys, and keep it up. Like I said, I still need your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)