Isshu vs. Unova. STOP CHANGING THE THREADS NAME!

Wich is better: Isshu or Unava

• Isshu

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Unava

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters
A lot of people where disappointed when they changed the name of the black/white games (and therefore the black 2/white 2 games) if you are given the choice to change Unova back to Isshu, which one would you choose (and if you had no other choice).

NEW NEW NEW: Because everyone kept making their vote in a pun, I am opening a pole, so all votes will be counted there now, so vote away!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I already have an Isshu with this thread.

I mean both names really aren't that good.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I vote Unova. I take it the OP will be updating the thread accordingly?

EDIT: Layell don't be such a tightass

like omg unova is such a not sugoi name! ^_^ i love traveling isshu with my kawaii pokabu xDDDD

Unova because I'm not a weeaboo.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i don't like unova because it breaks tradition

kanto, johto, hoenn & sinnoh are all real regions in japan. isshu is too, and i was surprised to see them change the name.

unova is actually a really pretty-sounding region name IMO, although i have no isshu with either of them.

Alice

The worst taste in music

kanto, johto, hoenn & sinnoh are all real regions in japan. isshu is too, and i was surprised to see them change the name.
Wasn't isshu/unova based on NY instead of a japanese region?...

I still like Isshu for the sake of continuity (I mean, if the other games kept the jap name, why shouldn't gen 5?)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Isshu sounds more similar to the other 4, and Unova doesn't flow quite as well.

I guess you could say I have an Isshu with the name Unova[/overdonejoke]

no, only kanto is a real place in japan. johto, hoenn, and sinnoh are physically based on parts of japan, but the names are made up.

That is what this is ment to be, though I did not see a "poll" button and the icon is not listed with the other icons any more (like the thumb up icon to the top-left corner of this post).

Oh, I found out that to make a pole, you had to scroll a bit more down when you make one, but to do that now would mean I would have to open a new one, and I don't think I am going to do that. It's more fun for me to do it this anyway. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)