is there any hope for improvement for my sticky web team?

https://pokepast.es/6f1f9b8bd4df3340

spidops's role is self-explanatory.
it is the sticky web setter.
circle throw lets it punish the set up pokemon who get a free turn, u-turn exists for pivoting, and silk trap from slowing down physical attackers in early game.
the stat distribution maximizes the utility of its physical bulk often letting it to take multiple hits and then come back and set the sticky web again.
focus sash is to ensure that it will not get OHKO by special attackers on the first turn.

gholdengo is an other self-explanatory pokemon and I wish the rules didn't force us to write details on extreemely obvious pokemon like gholdengo.
it is the hazard protector which also functions as a special-wallbreaker.
its access to thunderbolt is for corviknight, psychic is for poison types and situations where I am too scared of spamming make it rain.
make it rain and shadow ball are the main STAB moves.

sandy shocks is the non-setup sweeper of the team.
ever since the ancient times humans had 2 dreams:to fly,and use a pokemon with ground electric and ice STAB in a battle.
the airplanes took care of the easy dream and now sandy shocks can fullfill the hard one.
ice may be horrible defensively but since this pokemon can outrun everything thanks to sticky web its defences don't matter all that much.
its performs amazingly on the team.

zoroark is the special set up sweeper of the team.
now that chiyu got banned my options for this role got limited by a lot.
if it terastylizes if has got the same unresisted STAB that chi-yu had.
the life orb makes up for its inferior special attack.
I picked psychic as coverage move since I didn't know what to put in that moveslot.

garchomp is one of the physical sweepers of the team and also a wall breaker(some times).
well it has access to swords dance and stab earthquake, so it can deal a lots of damage.
fireblast is coverage move for corviknight since it is the only pokemon that resists both stabs.

azumaril is a pokemon that I had to add so I can deal with volcarona because it gave trouble to the previouse version of my team and honestly I believe that it is the easiest to replace member.
also the easiest to change its movepool because I don't seem to be getting that much value out of belly drum.
aside from helping my team with volcarona it helps my team against dragon types.

Hey, webs are cool. Some key observations
  • Spidops is pretty bad. Doesn't get webs against any of the hazard control Pokemon. Great Tusk, Cinderace, Hatterene, Corviknight all scare it. A much reliable setter is Masquerain. You can use this set for example, though Bug Buzz and Shadow Ball are other options that don't miss and make you a bit better against Hatterene.
  • You can try Grass Knot > Psychic on Zoroark. OHKOs Great Tusk and hits Garganacl, Dondozo, and does decent damage to Ting-Lu in an emergency.
  • Tera Fire on Garchomp greatly helps with Volcarona; on that note you may also want to run Hasty instead of Naughty nature but whichever is alr. Tera Fire also resists Fairy-type and Ice-type attacks.
Some more general thoughts
  • I am guessing Power Gem is nice to hit Volcarona. If it isn't doing much more you can try Thunder Wave which also cripples Volcarona.
  • A Gholdengo set like this one would greatly improve your Great Tusk mu, making it much harder tor it to spin, while also making your stall mu much better.
  • Azumarill is rather weird here. Its super slow so it doesn't get much help from webs. It also can't switch in on Volcarona at all cause they can either Will-O-Wisp or Giga Drain as you go Azu and make it useless. Baxcalibur, Dragonite and Roaring Moon would instead be better replacements. They all appreciate special support from Zoroark and Sandy a lot. Bax is just a great Pokemon rn and its really good on webs, notably outspeeding everything without a Scarf or Booster Energy and can scare Volc thanks to Thermal Exchange. Dragonite just beats down non Will-O-Wisp Volcarona though it can defo allow Great Tusk to spin if you are not careful. Booster Energy Acrobatics Roaring Moon can trade or beat Volcarona even while burned, specially with Roost; it also has the benefit of being faster than Iron Valiant which can help against Scarf Valiant under webs, or against base Valiant if Webs aren't up.
Hope some of this can help, gl with the team c:

Reactions: AM
I'm not the best at rating teams, but I'll give it my best shot. First of all, I'd change the :gholdengo: set to another setup sweeper with covert cloak to be a reliable :Garganacl: answer, or balloon to beat tusk. Just make it rain, shadow ball, np and recover. The EVs on this thing can be customized to your liking, but max SpA and Speed fits this team the best. The reason that this set I felt was better, is since

Now I'd change the sandy set to specs. Volt switch, t-bolt, tera ice blast, and earth power. This gives you a powerful pivot and looks disgusting late game.

:Zoroark: isn't too reliable as a solid special attacker, so I recommend one of two things. Np :hydreigon: or :iron moth:. Hydreigon is probably the better on this team out of the two, especially at filling the roll of a special sweeper, with dark STAB and fire coverage, and loves webs support.

Finally, as SetsuSetsuna said, azu isn't a very good volc check, as it either gets burned or hit by grass coverage, and doesn't make very good use of webs. A dragon type setup sweeper of some sort will probably be more useful, Bax in particular stands out.

Everything else is covered by SetsuSetsuna, or I've not picked up on. I hope this helps you to climb the ladder with what is hopefully a half decent webs team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)