XY OU Is my team good and is their anything I need to change?

I'm not sure if this team is any good but I want to know if this team is okay. I plan to go competitive with this game.
Here's my team

Ferrothorn with focus sash
Nature: Mild
Ability: Iron Bars
-Stealth Rocks
-Payback
-Iron Head
-Power Whip
Ferrothorn is someone I use to set up stealth rocks. With the focus sash item it will give it a 100% chance to setup the rocks just in case Ferrothorn dies from a fire move.
Ev: Hp: 194 Attack: 139 Defense: 159 Sp. Attack: 88 Sp. Defense: 163 Speed: 42

Scizor with Scizorite
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Technician
-Bullet Punch
-Sword Dance
-X-Scissor (Would get bug bite if I can)
-Night Slash
Ev: Hp: 181 Attack: 181 Defense: 137 Sp. Attack: 71 Sp. Defense: 112 Speed: 91
Scizor is my mega-evolution pokemon. His role is to do as much damage as possible to the enemy. Generally the cleaning up after my pokemon who had fainted.

Volcarona with Leftovers
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Flame Body
-Heat Wave
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
Ev: Hp: 197 Attack: 99 Defense: 94 Sp. Attack: 182 Sp. Defense: 143 Speed: 148
Volcarona is technically the same as my scizor. Instead he is the Special Attacker not physical. He is the other pokemon that will finish things up.

Talonflame with Sharp Beak
Nature: Rash
Ability: Flame Body (Getting Gale Wings soon)
-Bravebird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Fly
Ev: Hp: 243 Attack: 160 Defense: 122 Sp. Attack: 158 Sp. Defense: 124 Speed: 224
I'm not really sure what role my Talonflame will be in. I guess I chose him to have a flying type on my team so if the enemy have any grass, fightning or bug type pokemon, he will have the advantage.

Lucario with Black Belt
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Steadfast
-Close Combat
-Aura Sphere
-Earthquake
-Dragon Pulse
Ev: Hp: 267 Attack: 283 Defense: 157 Sp. Attack: 282 Sp. Defense: 172 Speed: 278
Lucario is one of those pokemon with a weird move set. He pretty much can counter a dragon type since I don't have a fairy type in my team. He is my hard hitter against any
types.

Greninja with Mystic Water
Nature: Impish
Ability: Torrent
-Ice Beam
-Water Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Hydro Pump
Ev: Hp: 229 Attack: 195 Defense: 145 Sp. Attack: 180 Sp. Defense: 130 Speed: 241
My greninja is like my pokemon I had since the beginning so I don't want to replace him. He is a mixed when it comes to physical and special attack.

Last edited:
ello, interesting team, just a few tips:
1. You're missing EV's brah
2. All of your natures except Lucario don't benefit the Pokemon but in most cases harm them
3. Ferrothorn is supposed to be a tank, a Focus Sash doesn't help at all.
4. The moves and items on your Pokemon are a little weird, I'd suggest looking into their standard sets and working from there
5. This team is missing the required minimum 3 sentences each Pokemon should have explaining their role to the team. I'd suggest changing it before a mod locks it. Please check the rules before posting :]

I think you posted stats, not EVs..
Your Greninja is running Torrent, and it looks like you are playing on WiFi. It might be hard for you to get a Protean Greninja, but only Protean Greninja is viable in this meta. Having a Life Orb would be better, too.
Your Lucario has an interesting mixed set..that I had never seen before. Dragon types usually carry earth type or fire type moves, so it may not be a great check to dragons.
Ferrothorn will almost always take more than one hit, so running a sash looks counterproductive.
Your natures for your mons are not the best, and I think you already know it. More breeding I guess?
I don't know why you are running Fly for your Talonflame, and U-turn in that slot would work better.
You will need hazard removal support somewhere in your team since you have two pokemons those are very weak to rocks.
Good luck with the team, and when you make changes, please do so in the OP as well.

How do I say this nicely.
This team is terrible. Period. Do not attempt any kind of competitive battling with this team. The threat list for this team goes on and on into the depths of the PU tier.
I think that's kinda harsh :(
But if you're new to competitive I'd recommend at least looking into EV's and natures and what they are, I might be able to give you a few guides that I found useful if you want, just PM me :D

So..clearly this was your in game team? If you're looking to make a competitive team in game may I suggest:
1) looking here
This is the OU section. From here you should be able to get a grasp of what mons are/aren't viable competitively (at least in OU)
2) Look up the mons you choose here.
This is the pokedex section of the site, and can give you an idea of roughly what sets you may want to run. It'll tell you everything from EV's to movesets to teammates.
3) Next is a fantastic article from TheMantyke (again this is assuming you want to have this team on cart).
4) Once you've decided on sets, moves you need, natures, abilities....all that jazz the people here can help you get started on preparing a team.
Welcome to Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)