Invalid Ivs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently whenever I want to save my team a window shows up that reads:

'This Pokemon has an invalid combination of IVs and nature. Please choose one of the following IVs to lower'

Why the hell does this happen? It's not making any sense.

You probably have a legendary Pokemon (or something else that can't breed) with an invalid combination on your team. Not all combinations of IVs and natures are possible, remember.

You probably have a legendary Pokemon (or something else that can't breed) with an invalid combination on your team. Not all combinations of IVs and natures are possible, remember.
...as far as I know, a Pokemon can have any combination of natures and IVs.

Both of these guys are right.

Remember how Hidden Power works and you should be able to find a combination that works pretty soon. The type is based on the even or odd combination and the power is maximized if your IVs use these numbers: 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, or 31. (see http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/hidden_power for more info.)

Basically, if you're using a special attacker, lower its attack by 4 IV until the combination works and vice versa for physical attackers. If you're mixed, lower HP or one of your defenses. Remember to keep the same even/odd combination, though! You could theoretically lower by 2 instead of 4, but if you lower by 2, every other combination will have a power of 68 or less instead of 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)