Introducing the Ubers Council

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tonight, Jibaku and I sat down and went through the difficult process of selecting the 7 people who would be making some of the tough decisions for Ubers testing. All of the candidates were seriously considered, and I was surprised at how difficult some of these decisions were.

Let's cut to the chase though. Here's your council.

Chairman: bojangles
Co-Chair: Jibaku
Furai
Hugendugen
Poppy
syrim
Theorymon
Tobes

You'll notice that there are 8 names there. That's because I'm listed. I have recused myself from taking part in any of the actual votes, so there will only be 7 members of this board that are taking part in the votes. I will be acting in an advising capacity and will participate in, as well as facilitate, the discussion. I will also be tasked with making sure every council member is performing appropriately according to his duties.

If you're not on this list, however, don't despair. You will still be able to vote. We will be moving to large-scale votes after the council releases their opinion and decides to move to a vote. We will be deciding on who gets to vote in these large tests based on ladder rankings, so get active there. The first test will be begin soon, when the Ubers Open officially ends. If you still seek a place on the council, we will be constantly monitoring members' activities and will find appropriate replacements if necessary.

I'd also invite you guys to join #uberscouncil on SynIRC. This will be the hotbed of Ubers council activity. The channel will always be "open" with some amount of activity, although it will be moderated (+m). We will also have set meetings before council votes when we start the actual testing. This shouldn't replace #pokemon, however, as your main place to chat Ubers.

That's all for now. Expect further information on the actual testing in the coming week. Congratulations to everybody who was selected!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Grats to the people who made it. Just wondering, you mentioned that we can still vote based on ladder rankings, will these votes count toward the Tier Contrib badge?

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes. The current standards for TC are 1 vote if you're on a council or 4 votes if you're just part of the large-scale voting. If you qualify for and vote in 4 rounds of testing, you will be nominated for the badge.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
amazing staff - I'm looking forward to this! I'm eagerly awaiting the 1st ever Uber Suspect Phase to begin!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)