General Introduce yourself!

Hey guys I'm reaper, started playing back on yellow though I missed the odd generation, nice to meet you all. I joined up to start looking for advice an such on making better teams in general as I wanted to start being more competitive in battles, anyhow once I get a team together I probably will post it.
Hi, welcome to smogon! We have Tutors in the Battling 101 subforum who can help you build teams/get a knowledge of the metagame in general. Once you're done, you can post your team in the Past Generation section of the Rate My Team subforum. n_n have fun!

Hello all!

My name is Patrick and I have been lurking on the board for a bit.

I decided to finally register and learn about the competitive battling aspect of the game.

I look forward to becoming an accepted and quality member of the Smogon Community!

Hello all!

My name is Patrick and I have been lurking on the board for a bit.

I decided to finally register and learn about the competitive battling aspect of the game.

I look forward to becoming an accepted and quality member of the Smogon Community!
Hi, welcome to smogon! Nice to see you wish to learn Competitive Battling. You can check out our Mentor Profiles or sign up for Battling 101 if you wish to learn from an experienced player. Hope you stick around! Feel free to PM/VM me if you have any questions.

Hey guys!

I'm a person and I do the stuffs and battles but I'm not all that good :(.

So yea that's me in a nutshell.

See ya around :toast:!

Hello people!

I made an account a few months ago but didn't decide to use my account until now!

I mainly play OU. I'm pretty average at it and pretty much all of my sets are the Smogon builds that I copy and pasted. I'm also not that great at predicting and pretty rash.

I hope to one day become a really great competitive player!

Hello people!

I made an account a few months ago but didn't decide to use my account until now!

I mainly play OU. I'm pretty average at it and pretty much all of my sets are the Smogon builds that I copy and pasted. I'm also not that great at predicting and pretty rash.

I hope to one day become a really great competitive player!
Hey Welcome if you want to learn more about predictions and the metagame in general, you can use the smogon help form. Alternatively you can also check out battle 101 as they are very expirecned battlers and can help you learn more as well. If you have any questions feel free to VM me or a mentor.

Hi! I'm Element. I'm a competitive Smash Bros Melee player from DFW who recently took an active interest in competitive 'mons. I've always loved the games, I've played them since Yellow came out and I got a GB Color for my birthday. I played through ADV, but didn't get a DS until XY. So now I'm back in the game, having familiarized myself with the previous gens.
I've always known that there was competitive pokemon, but I didn't discover my love of competition itself until I got into fighting games via Guilty Gear and eventually Melee. I kinda forgot about pokemon's more serious side until I watched the VGC Worlds this last year. And it just kinda made sense. Why not try it? So now I'm hooked, spending way more time than I should at work sponging up information (all the math gets me stupid excited), and all the time I can spare at home on the Dubs ladder. Def lookin at the Battling 101 program.
Been lurking for a while, but I think I'm ready to join in more than spirit! Let's do this thing!

Hi! Pleased to be here. Pokémon fan since the beginning, started watching the series when i was a kid, meet games first time thanks to a friend, it was Pokémon Crystal, that was my the first Pokémon game, next one was Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold (because Kyogre, don't like Ho Oh), White and White 2. I don't have 3DS, so can't play gen VI yet. Thank You :D

EDIT: Finally i have 3DS :D

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Element. I'm a competitive Smash Bros Melee player from DFW who recently took an active interest in competitive 'mons. I've always loved the games, I've played them since Yellow came out and I got a GB Color for my birthday. I played through ADV, but didn't get a DS until XY. So now I'm back in the game, having familiarized myself with the previous gens.
I've always known that there was competitive pokemon, but I didn't discover my love of competition itself until I got into fighting games via Guilty Gear and eventually Melee. I kinda forgot about pokemon's more serious side until I watched the VGC Worlds this last year. And it just kinda made sense. Why not try it? So now I'm hooked, spending way more time than I should at work sponging up information (all the math gets me stupid excited), and all the time I can spare at home on the Dubs ladder. Def lookin at the Battling 101 program.
Been lurking for a while, but I think I'm ready to join in more than spirit! Let's do this thing!
Welcome, I love melee as well ( even though I am only ok at it). If you need help you can check out our the help form. Also if you have any question feel free to use the questions thread or PM/Vm me or a mentor directly.
Hi! Pleased to be here. Pokémon fan since the beginning, started watching the series when i was a kid, meet games first time thanks to a friend, it was Pokémon Crystal, that was my the first Pokémon game, next one was Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold (because Kyogre, don't like Ho Oh), White and White 2. I don't have 3DS, so can't play gen VI yet. Thank You :D
Welcome, Crystal was my first pokemon game as well, fi you need help you can go to our help form. Also if have nay question feel free to ask me or a mentor.

Hey pokedudes Im Drake and I just joined today. Im searching for friends and a tutor
Hey! I'm Kingler12345 and the Battling 101 link is here. sign ups start on 25th January, as mentioned in the schedule. If you need help getting involved in a particular section of the site, feel free to PM/VM me n_n

Hi guys! I'm quite new to the forums(joined today),but I've been playing pokemon since 3rd gen( began playing competitively last year though.) Anybody who can help me sharpen my skills in pokemon battling? :D

Hi guys! I'm quite new to the forums(joined today),but I've been playing pokemon since 3rd gen( began playing competitively last year though.) Anybody who can help me sharpen my skills in pokemon battling? :D
Heyo! What tier do you have in mind? I can help point you in the right direction :]. Welcome to Smogon!

And do you know if any of them is available to help me?
Sure, try VMing / PMing them. Click their names, and then click "start a conversation" or, alternatively, click their names, then their avatars, and leave a message on their wall :]! Also, I've tagged them in that post, so they'll receive an alert and see you :D.

Yo what's up everybody, I'm Markie, and I have been playing Pokemon since blue version was first released in america in 99, and played casually until 4th gen where I lost interest. When ORAS was release I had to get it as 3rd gen is best gen, and now I'm looking to merk fools on the ether. Hopefully I can learn a lot, and maybe eventually contribute something to the community.

Yo what's up everybody, I'm Markie, and I have been playing Pokemon since blue version was first released in america in 99, and played casually until 4th gen where I lost interest. When ORAS was release I had to get it as 3rd gen is best gen, and now I'm looking to merk fools on the ether. Hopefully I can learn a lot, and maybe eventually contribute something to the community.
S'up! If you've got any questions. VM / PM me!

Hi everyone! I'm Axle, 15 years of age! I'vejust recently become a big fan of competitive battling, and I'm becoming rather good at it! I like Showdown, but of course right now, ORAS is my fav. I'm looking forward to making new friends here!

Hi everyone! I'm Axle, 15 years of age! I'vejust recently become a big fan of competitive battling, and I'm becoming rather good at it! I like Showdown, but of course right now, ORAS is my fav. I'm looking forward to making new friends here!
Welcome to Smogon! Feel free to VM / PM me with any questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)