Imminent Big Change: Keldeo

Why is amoongus required to be able to take on every little pokemon that annoys Amoonbro? That would be like having Skarmbliss take on Infernape, or better yet, Blissey going on vs one on Lucario, its not happening, get team support.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Clear smog won't do jack, and you wouldn't do it with a keldeo staring at you.

Spore doesn't work because specs T-T carries sleep talk.

And you assume incorrectly that you are going to be getting SR up against a proper rain team.

Good luck with that.
Yeah, there are NO bulky pokemon who can easily get up SR against rain. Oh, what's that? Didn't see you there, nattorei. What's that? You Lol-wall like half of any rain team and set up SR on them? Good to know. Blissey? What the hell are you doing here? JIRACHI? WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. (Yes, obviously the first two don't do it against keldeo. But since you're probably leading with politoed, that is easy setup bait, and if you try to switch in and they're pissed off you die to a power whip or are paralysed/toxic'd, so not a free switch either.)

Of course i would use clear smog with a keldeo staring me in the face, if he just cm'd. If he is specs, then even a correct hit can be healed off via regenerator, and we can just go from there. Also, even if he does carry sleep talk, countering something that can't even choose his own move is a hell of a lot easier.

Sorry, did i just demolish all your arguments? I tend to do that. A lot.

As to the above, it's not. The other people started spouting off about how, oh, specs tornadus-t means that amoonguss can't counter keldeo somehow, as if that makes even an ounce of sense. I explained that it doesn't-carrying a heatran doesn't mean skarmory can't counter haxorus. I wasn't saying tornadus-t had to be handled by amoonguss, but rather, that amoonguss could easily hit it on the switch. With SR down, that will result in damage taken after regenerator, which means that tornadus-t can't just switch in and laugh. Not to mention it has effing SPORE.

oh, and finally, the argument was plus one LO icy wind. So i fail to see how i misunderstood that.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think the poster mistakedly didn't point out by the +1 that he meant the specs set. Icy Wind finds itself on the specs set because it makes room for HP Ghost while still retaining the ability to 2HKO Latios on the switch (because of the speed. However even if it is Spec, Amoonguss doesn't have to stat in to be 2HKO'ed. It can recover that HP it has lost with two simple switches.

edit: lol no one uses Sleep Talk on Specs. Even if you used it, you risk your Keldeo just dying to a Giga Drain.
Actually i have seen many people use it, and i use it too, because it works. Tornadus-T can switch into the 2 most common sleep users in OU with impunity, has Regenerator to make sure that it isn't a problem if he is forced out or takes a hit because he chosed the wrong move, doesn't have much options for the last slot anyway and finally almost all of it's moves are good in a way or another for Sleep Talk (Hurricane is Hurricane, U-turn scouts for counters and gives you an advantageous match-up and FB is still strong, although it is the worse of the 3 moves to be chosen from Sleep Talk).

Actually i have seen many people use it, and i use it too, because it works. Tornadus-T can switch into the 2 most common sleep users in OU with impunity, has Regenerator to make sure that it isn't a problem if he is forced out or takes a hit because he chosed the wrong move, doesn't have much options for the last slot anyway and finally almost all of it's moves are good in a way or another for Sleep Talk (Hurricane is Hurricane, U-turn scouts for counters and gives you an advantageous match-up and FB is still strong, although it is the worse of the 3 moves to be chosen from Sleep Talk).

He was talking about Keldeo :)

Actually, the first guy was talking about specs tornadus, and then the above mistook it for specs Keldeo and mentioned giga drain and now you mistook it for specs tornadus.

But I can also vouch for its success. I mean, on the specs set, other than hurricane and focus blast, the other two moves are mostly filler.

If anybody remembers the item "Absorb Bulb" the best abuser I've found so far is none other than Keldeo

Water moves are so easy to predict now, Keldeo can come in on some of them, get the boost to its SAtk, and can either CM to hurt something, or just hurt something right off the bat.

Not too bad with HP Elec because not many water types will switch out on Keldeo, though HP Ghost seems to be the way to go anywho.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
boost is gone after swapout, and then you has no item. It's not like it's exactly hard to make Keldeo GTFO.

boost is gone after swapout, and then you has no item. It's not like it's exactly hard to make Keldeo GTFO.
But it's a lot harder to make a +1 Keldeo GTFO.

Although, Absorb Bulk is admittedly gimmicky. The Rechargeable Battery is honestly a better idea, so you can absorb Thunders/Thunderbolts/Thunder Waves aimed at actually killing you.

Neither of those items actually block the damage you will be receiving, so switching Keldeo in on an electric move just to get a +1 is still not a good idea as you'll probably just end up with a fried pony (also the battery gives +1 attack, which Keldeo doesn't want). Absorb Bulb sort of works on it since Keldeo can weather water attacks, although being item-less if you switch out makes it rather unappealing to me- you'd also have to eliminate faster threats before trying this as they can revenge you without fear knowing you no longer have an item.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)