Rejected Imbalance challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is feasible, but I think an option to allow both sides to follow different rules would be very cool. Want to know if 6v8 Randbats is a fair fight when the side with 6 has Dynamax but 8 doesn't? Or just a 6v7 as handicap against new players? What about a battle where one side uses STAB and the other gets Godly Gift?
All of these can't be simply replicated by gentlemen's agreements since Dynamax and No Dynamax Rand use slightly different movesets, 6v7 can't work well even if you just agree to never send it out cause it can be sent in via phazing, STAB vs GG can't work without STAB also getting GG's benefit.
A way to make this work can be something like [Rules 1 | Rules 2] in the challenge code, where the player that initiates the challenge gets Rules 1.

Now to expand upon this: you know the "don't allow spectators" option you can select before a ladder battle? what if there was another one that said "just F me up bro." What this option does is take your team and format, and randomly matches you against another user with a different team and format. you could get lucky and go OU vs UU. You could get a generational clash of Tera vs gen 1 jank. You could go singles vs doubles. Metronome Battle vs hackmons cup. Buffed-up OM vs NatDex Ubers. A clusterf:fukyu: of chaos where the only thing you can rely on is your team, your faith in it, and the will to look god in the eye and spank him while you moonwalk into the lowest circles of hell.

(this obviously won't get made but I can dream at least. Or would be a funny april fools prank.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)