ILoveLiza vs. TIK (Ref: Kaxtar) MATCH OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Singles
3 Days
2 recovery, 5 chills

Swamp. Toxic Fumes, wilted trees, muddy with pools of water. The whole enchilada.
Switch = ok
All Abilities
No Items

ILL, I need you starter, then I need TIK's starter and its actions, and ILL can then declare his actions. Good luck!

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.

Lets get the motor running, NASCAR! Use Psychic on the Nidoran followed by an Ice Beam! Then, use Psychic one more time or Disable if he uses Hone Claws!

Ok Brum, we may be at a disadvantage but we have tricks up our sleeves.

First off start with an Amnesia to make sure we can get out of those Psychic's easily. Then Unactivate Poison Point and use Poison Jab to lay the hurt on with some toxic damage. Then use Amnesia again before the second Psychic so we can start laying some hurt down.

Amnesia - Unactivate Poison Point for Poison Jab - Amnesia again

Slowpoke (*) [NASCAR] (M)

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: ** (-)
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: *** (+)
Spe: 15

NidoranM (*) [Brum] (M)

Stats:
HP: 90
Att: **** (+1)
Def: **
SpD: * (-1)
Speed: 50

The competitors start on a patch of mucky grass, but they aren't in the water yet. Nidoran starts by forgetting about all of its worries, bolstering its special defense in preparation for the incoming mental assaults of Slowpoke. Slowpoke tries to break through this with a psychic, but fails to do a whole lot of damage. Nidoran then rushes Slowpoke with a poison jab, though it fails to insert poison into slowpoke. Slowpoke responds with an Ice Beam to the face, forcing Nidoran back. Slowpoke quickly combos this into another psychic, beating Nidoran to its second amnesia, which it does after.

Stats:
HP: 87
Energy: 82%

NidoranM (*) [Brum] (M)

Stats:
HP: 47
Energy:81%
Boosts: +3 Special Defense

Pokemon are about 15 feet apart, and none of them have been in the toxic fumes yet.

Ok Nidoran. We are behind but we have almost finished setting up.

First off use Focus Energy so we can hit hard with out moves. Follow that up with another Poison Jab and then stay on the offensive with a hard Poison Tail. Poison Point is off for both these moves. (btw under Poison point it says they always inflict poison.)

Focus Energy - Poison Jab - Poison Tail

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
NASCAR, throw that good for nothing Nidoran into one of the wilted trees with Psychic to lose its focus. Next, use Disable on the Poison Jab and finish off with another Psychic!

Lets show em who the real alpha male is.....

Stats:
HP: 87
Energy: 82%

NidoranM (*) [Brum] (M)

Stats:
HP: 47
Energy:81%
Boosts: +3 Special Defense

Nidoran starts by gathering its energy, focusing it into its toxic appendages. Slowpoke, however, breaks this concentration by smashing nidoran into a tree at high speed. Nidoran uses its energy to jab slowpoke with a poison leg, dealing damage. However, Slowpoke anticipated this and Disables the rodent from using this move. Forced now to use a different poison move, nidoran smashes its non-existent tail inot slowpoke, again hurting it. Slowpoke wants that bitch away, and does so with a psychic, almost KOing it.

Stats:
HP: 65
Energy: 65%

NidoranM (*) [Brum] (M)

Stats:
HP: 11
Energy: 68%
Boosts: +2 Special Defense

Pokemon are 15 feet apart, TIK is up next. Go.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Lets finish things and show him who the real king of the swamp is! Use Psychic to finish him off! If that powerful Psychic doesnt quite KO him, use another Psychic to get the job done; otherwise, use Curse. Finish things up with another Curse and we should be good to go!

So much for an advantage in this poison landscape

Gather yourself. We're going to be a team player.

Aim and then charge him with a Head Smash if somehow you have not fainted then use another Head Smash.

Stats:
HP: 65
Energy: 65%

NidoranM (*) [Brum] (M)

Stats:
HP: 11
Energy: 68%
Boosts: +2 Special Defense

Knowing that this will be the end for itself, Nidoran runs up and Smashes its head into Slowpoke. However, the tough little thing that is slowpoke, takes the hit like a champ and finishes off Nidoran with a powerful psychic. ILovelLiza will send out his next pokemon (poliwag), and is also the first to make action next turn.

Stats:
HP: 49
Energy: 59%

Nidoran= KO'ed

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:
Att: **
SpD: **
Spe: 90

Pokemon will be 10 feet apart. Toxic fumes are beginning to approach the competitors. If they are breathing it during the end of next round, they will be poisoned. ILL is up next.

Ok Swirly, it's time to get serious.

First of all use Hypnosis. Follow it up with a Body Slam to force it into the water then freeze the water near it with Ice Beam, holding it in place so you can fire shots off at it.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Looks like we still got enough left in the tank to do another faint-race, NASCAR. That Hypnosis looks like it could put the breaks on our trip to Get-Stomped town, so use Disable on it!

This may sound crazy, NASCAR, but let him hit you into the water. This toxic smoke is closing in on us, so put your face in the pool of water to use it as a kinda oxygen mask. You should be fine from the smoke and drowning thanks to your inherent ability to breath in water. Take this time to use Psychic Swirly into one of the wilted trees! I just wish my GPS system could plan like this...

Stats:
HP: 49
Energy: 59%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:

Poliwag starts with a hypnosis, but misses due to the very poor accuracy of the psychic waves. Passing up no opportunity, Slowpoke immediately disables any future use of hypnosis, at least for a while. Enraged that its favorite move is now unusable, Poliwag body slams into Slowpoke, knocking it underwater. Slowpoke doesn't mind this, however, and stays underwater, safe from the toxic fumes of the swamp. Poliwag then uses Ice Beam to freeze the murky pond in a 3 inch layer of ice. Aside from the cold, Slowpoke still doesn't mind and then uses Psychic through the ice on Poliwag, again smashing it into the already worn-down tree. As the match ends, Poliwag gets poisoned by the toxic fumes, and if it breathes them for too much longer, it will become even more poisoned.

Stats:
HP: 35
Energy: 47%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:
HP: 76
Energy: 77%

Slowpoke is trapped under the ice, but it can still use its psychic powers through the ice. Poliwag's poison will turn into Toxic poison if it breathes the fumes for two more rounds. TIK is up next.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Good job keeping the engine clean of that smog, NASCAR. We still dont want to catch a whiff of that smog, so stay underwater and take advantage of your ability to use psychic attacks under ice and use Psychic, Confusion and then another Psychic!

If Swirly tries to force you out of the pond, brace yourself with a Curse to try your best not to budge!

It's all good. I want to you to use Refresh to get rid of the poison. Then dive in the water. As it breaths in water use Ice Beam into it's mouth to force it to move out of the water lest it suffocate itself from it's mouth being full of ice. Then seeing as you are faster Encore it's confusion so it can't get out of the water. It'll have to return to it's Pokeball or it will DIE!!! Evil maniac laugh.

Stats:
Energy: 47%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:
HP: 76
Energy: 77%

Poliwag starts off the round with a refresh, using it to cure itself from the dirty swamp toxins. Slowpoke, still under the ice, uses a Psychic to mentally torment the tadpole from afar. Poliwag then tries to get at Slowpoke by using ice Beam, but the pond is frozen over, so the Ice Beam merely thickens the ice. Still not deterred, Slowpoke uses Confusion to save a little energy. Poliwag was waiting for this, though, and uses encore ont he weaker attack. Slowpoke, so flattered, has no choice but to use Confusion again. As the round ends, Poliwag once again gets poisoned by the toxic fumes.

Stats:
Energy: 29%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:
HP: 41
Energy: 53%

Slowpoke is trapped under the now 6 inch thick sheet of ice, but the pool is only a 3 feet deep. Considering that ice beam has already been used twice, each Ice Beam freezes 3 inches of ice per use. Slowpoke is about 2 feet tall, so you can't help but wonder what would happen if the pool was frozen all the way through... Iloveliza, you are up next.

pffft.

Ok. First off you're going to need to use Refresh again. Then after you take the confusion look down and fire a Bubblebeam directly at the ice to bounce the bubbles back at you. Then use Scald and dive after it as it melts the ice so you end the turn under water.

Stats:
Energy: 29%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)

Stats:
HP: 41
Energy: 53%

Things start off very similarly to last round. slowpoke prepares a mental assault, while Poliwag again purges the toxins from its little body. By this time, the confusion is ready, and it hits into Poliwag, striking it hard. Slowpoke then prepares a psychic this time. Poliwag, desperate to break the ice, uses a bubble beam on the sheet of frozen water, but to no avail. Poliwag then gets shot from the air with the psychic, which also lowers the special defense of Poliwag. Hoping to be the last, slowpoke prepares another psychic. One its last chance, Poliwag tries to Scald away the ice, and manages to do so. However, the ice also takes away all of the heat of the water, making it not damage slowpoke at all. Poliwag once more is hit by the awesome psychic powers, and tries to remain conscious. However, this last psychic has done way more than usual, scoring a critical hit! This combined with the lowered mental resistance proves to be too much for poliwag, as it slums to the ground in defeat. The people in Azala town have been correct to worship the mighty slowpoke, and this one did not let its people down. Congrats Slowpoke!

Stats:
Energy: 7%

Poliwag (*) [Swirly] (M)= KO'ed

Good job everyone, and kudos to slowpoke. Now for the rewards. I get 2 ref tokens for the 2v2 singles battle. The winner, TIK, receives one EC, one MC, and one DC for his slowpoke, and it also receives 2 KO counters. I Love Liza will get one EC, one MC, and one DC on both his pokemon.

Thanks for letting me ref, it was a good battle. Don't be discouraged ILL, you'll get it next time. And congrats again to TIK and his mighty Slowpoke!

??? I wasn't trying to break the ice with bubblebeam. No problem though. Question though. Is there a percentage thing associated with the Poison Point deactivation because the description doesn't say that it does.

good battle TIK.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by shooting the bubbles back to you. I thought you were maybe using them to power up Scald, but I wasn't sure, so I just did my best interpretation. On Poison point, it bumps up the poison inflicted by poison type moves to toxic poison, it doesn't guarantee that you will poison them or anything like that. And the precentages stay the same, you just never got lucky witht he RNG :(.

Ahk. That isn't too clear in the description. At least I know for next time.

@ Bubblebeam. Wanted then to bounce back to activate water absorb to heal myself. It was a long shot but yeah.

If I am correct, this is the first time a Pokemon fainted more than one opponent with no outside help (another pokemon in switch=ok). I was starting to doubt it was actually possible, but I guess I was wrong. Congrats TIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)