@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Leech Seed

can't seem to not use this on any team i make. this set was introduced to me by foreys and it's pretty much the "good luck killing me you freaking chump asses" set. i've been using it for about 2-3 months and i'm never going back.
sdef is semi random but i dont really care about jolly ttar

@ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Hydro Pump

supports zapdos, gets sr down, cool pkmn

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Spd/160 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

oh wow this is the gayest thing I've ever made. pretty much never dies and works awesome with TS/pressure. I saw someone using subroost zapdos a while back and i jumped on it

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/160 Spd/96 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

lovely pokemon. just realized i inadvertently ripped off exactly 1/2 of earthworms team now *~*
mine is much better though

@ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SpA / 200 SpD
Modest Nature (+SAtk, - Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

New addition, celebi gets rid of all the bulky waters for this one. like it's onion cousin, it has alot of trouble dying. "gengar counter"

problems:

DeoE runs through the team, heatran is a problem

help me out ^=^

Sleep Powder + Leaf Storm is an illegal combo of moves. Change it to Grass Knot.

Gengar + Mamoswine look really annoying. And for a stall team you don't want stuff annoying the crap out of you. Oh and Nasty Plot Infernape will also be a big bargain.

The bigger issue though is that you lack speed on this team. Like you have none at all. Gengar, Nape, Dugtrio they all outspeed you. Even stall teams need a bit of speed. What I would do is add on Scarfchomp over Machamp. He can actually beat a lot of things in the speed and actually kill them. Seriously machamp is random and isn't doing much.

Seriously you also need some Protect and more subbing as well as a ghost so they don't spin away your whole toxic spikes that you work so hard to lay out.

With all of these problems you know I would just revamp the entire team. Keep Zapdos, Swampert, and Celebi. Add in that Garchomp. Use Sleep-Talk Spiritomb or Dusknoir over Heatran (plus it gives you an azelf, gengar, and dugtrio counter). Finally your Toxi-Spiker can still be Roserade, or the more cool and in my opinion better for the team Tentacruel. Seriously tentacruel gives you a mixnape counter which you really need plus rapid spins which you also need and finally lays the toxic spikes. Oh and the godly special defense.

hope that helps you out gorm.

sleep powder and leaf storm are possible through victreebell :D

You could probably take care of Gengar without changing the team too much by changing Zapdos into a resttalker with a more special defensive ev spread. It would also serve as a decent Infernape counter. I'd also replace Machamp with Skarmory and give Heatran choice scarf because as stated before even stall teams need a little speed. Skarmory fixes a lot of problems you mentioned as well as giving you the third form of spikes. It takes care of weavile, tyranitar(with swampert), Heracross (with zapdos), and Garchomp with a combination of stalling with toxic spikes and revenge killing with heatran. It shouldn't hard at all to switch Heatran in since the fire fang directed towards skarmory would be obvious.

hope that helps

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yea, SubRoost Zapdos is cool, but to help out your team's slight Gengar and Mixape issues, I would recommend just dropping it for Thunder Wave.

I see that Machamp gives you a surprise factor, but it isn't really that huge and I've noticed Machamp is more of a liability when I use it, so I would recommend replacing that.

From what I can tell...it really doesn't do that much for the team, lol. It does deal with LO SD Chomp, which absolutely rips this team a new asshole (but what team is safe from that thing anyway?), so I guess I'd have to replace it something with a way to deal with Chomp.

How about...ScarfChomp :P

Why? Heatran, especially with HP Grass, is a huge problem for you. I mean damn, HP Grass Life Orb Heatran sweeps through your entire team, especially if it has Stealth Rock down to deal with Zapdos.

That's why I recommend ScarfChomp. It gives your team a Fire resist, will always OHKO other Garchomp's with Outrage, and can deal with Hippo / Cress with Toxic. Yea, run Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Blast and Toxic, and make sure the Chomp is Jolly so that other ScarfChomp's only have a 50% chance of beating you in the worst case scenario.

You might be worried about that 4* ice weakness, but with that bulky Resttalk Heatran, I don't think it is an issue. Especially with Celebi being able to take care of most of the Pokemon with Toxic Spikes immunity who have Ice attacks, like Cresselia and Zapdos.

added a tweaked version of earthworms scarfchomp (kills celebi with fb on the switch with sr and 1 or 2 layers of ts) and the team is just a joy to play. steal this thing guys, TS+subroost zapdos alone has won me tons of games

one problem ive found is that standard deoE rips through the team which is.. embarassing.. any suggestions?

bronzong>pert might work really well except heatran would eat me alive 3_3

I used that Zapdos before but with Protect over Sub. It did decently well at least annoying my opponents and wasting PP.

The Roserade looks like fun and since its one of my favorite pokemon I'll have to try that set out. Although I'm not a hundred percent on its "set TS" and die approach.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol I like the title.

I've seen this team in action and I know how deadly sub/roost Zapdos is. Don't drop substitute! That alone can own heatran by subbing in his face till he runs out of fire blasts. If you're really desperate for Paralysis support, you can use discharge.

To deal with Deoxys-E you can just make Garchomp jolly with at least 168 Speed EV's. This outruns standard DeoE by a few points, and gives you some extra HP to own people who run magic numbers to beat Garchomp. Any more than that isn't really necessary; DeoE's will almost never run more speed than the standard, and scarfchomps are almost always adamant now. Since people pretty much universally assume thei DeoE is faster than everything, it shouldn't be hard to lure them out.

With fire blast you don't really need the SpAtk or neutral nature, since you will 2/1HKO Skarm and Forry, respectively, anyway. But if your goal is to own enemy Celebi's then go for it I guess.

I recommend using a Forretress (Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin/Gyro Ball/Stealth Rock) rather than Roserade and replacing Swampert!

Forretress removes an Ice weakness from your team and puts up some form of resistance against a lead Gengar since you resist Shadow Ball. It also pairs up reasonably well with Zapdos. It also does quite well with Heatran since its sole weakness is one of Heatran's immunities!

As for replacing Swampert, I am going to suggest a BL Pokemon; Miltank! Miltank can provide a number of services for your team depending on which ability you choose. Scrappy allows Miltank to deal reasonably well with Gengar and very well with Mamoswine assuming you run a defensively orientated EV spread. You are probably looking at a set like Heal Bell/Milk Drink/Body Slam/Hammer Arm for the best results against the threats you probably want to handle; Mamoswine, Gengar, Weavile and Tyranitar. If you are using Thick Fat which helps handle your weaknesses a lot, then you will probably want to use Fire Punch and Body Slam. Also, since you seem to have fight types reasonably well covered with ScarfChomp, Zapdos and Celebi it doesn't hurt you too much to add a Fight weak. And one more thing; Stealth Rock could also fit onto the set somewhere, which would free up a set on Forretress to use Spikes or Earthquake or Explosion.

Defensively I hope these two would not open many holes but I'm not sure about the offense you lose in Roserade's Grass and Fire moves, although you do already have Grass and Fire moves elsewhere (not on the same set though :pirate:).

Other options rather than Miltank I have considered are Togekiss and Jirachi, both as Wish passers... Or my Milotic/a Vaporeon... But I like the idea of Miltank since it does well against some Pokemon I can foresee you having some troubles with! :toast:

Also Deoxys-E has little hope against the might of both Forretress and Miltank! Good luck with your team, I hope you at least consider making these changes!

(I hate your Zapdos for being a counter to my team ;-;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)