I seriously think that modern fashion designers are trolls (NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest, i would probably wear exhibit A (definitely with a slip underneath). nothing wrong with ridiculous clothing choices.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
if i was modeling in rome's fashion week, i would wear whatever stupid shit they put on me.

it's not like these models are thinking "damn, i'm walking around wearing this ridiculous piece but it SUCKS it's not something i like and i could walk off the catwalk and into a restaurant with" or something. especially with designs to this degree, the models are very much wearing less 'clothing' and more 'art.'

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the exact kind of thought process that makes this ridiculous industry possible, ty!!

Agreeing with MrIndigo and Glen (except it isn't really 'body as canvas', because that would imply the body is an inanimate object whose sole purpose is to be painted, while fashion incorporates the meaning and implication of the model being a living man or woman... I guess one could say that fashion designers try to create canvases that, when worn by humans who apply their own paint - body and mind -, turn into living art pieces...?)

@Darkaxis: why would a woman be more interested in this than a man?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
because darkaxis is still stuck in the prepubescent world of "girls like clothes and dolls, boys like armies and football"

Gender doesn't have anything to do with it. Besides "lol look at this ridiculous shit," there isn't any real discussion here. (Well, that and Deck Knight...)

if i was modeling in rome's fashion week, i would wear whatever stupid shit they put on me.

it's not like these models are thinking "damn, i'm walking around wearing this ridiculous piece but it SUCKS it's not something i like and i could walk off the catwalk and into a restaurant with" or something. especially with designs to this degree, the models are very much wearing less 'clothing' and more 'art.'
I agree with Swaggersaurus. The only reason why they can get away with such ridiculous, humiliating things is simply because the models feel it is such an honor to be paraded around on a stage wearing these things. "Rome fashion week". Its just a treat that they dangle in front of women in order to get them to do moronic things like this.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
"Rome fashion week". Its just a treat that they dangle in front of women in order to get them to do moronic things like this.
Yeah uhh sorry to burst your bubble but they're not doing it for free.
you know... they do get payed for this

People don't try to become fashion designers just because they want to make money. I mean really. Why would you take that risk when there are so many other more stable jobs out there. They just want to make a living out of what they like to do, so they chose to take it. These people... are just somehow more successful... I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)