SS OU I’m Wet (SS OU Rain Team)

0B192FE5-52D4-49EB-BB40-CF02590A1C78.jpeg

The name speaks for itself, anyways I’ve been using ausmas rain team a lot (this is ausmas team https://pokepast.es/6a6917f82fc41a81) but there were some things I didn’t like so I wanted to do my spin on a rain team, here it is https://pokepast.es/ac81e2bf8f54d7a9
B7E75F1B-ED5B-4F85-BCD2-F778A70E7FEC.png

Zapdos

Due to rain thunder and hurricane being 100% accurate Zapdos can spam them quite well while healing itself back with roost. It also serves as a wall breaking role to check rillaboom and kartana and tornadus-t that the team would otherwise struggle against. Alongside weatherball which can occasionally pick up the ohko on heatran and lando-t. Static also benefits Urshifu-r and can paralyze kartana and rillaboom who otherwise threaten the team.
7FBF3130-65CC-4621-A913-673C40C30C80.png

Pelipper

You can’t have a rain team without a rain setter, and pelliper is better than politoad. Pelipper provides a slow u-turn that can safely get Pokémon in safely, it can Defog away stealth rocks and spikes and can keep itself healthy with roost it can also do decent damage with rain boosted scald (the burn chance is also nice).
DA782332-8DD3-4926-96E3-B7EF5054CC45.png

Ferrothorn

Since fire power is decreased by 50% percent on rain and ferrothorn has a glaring quad fire weakness
It fits perfectly on a rain team. It can set up rocks and even break through some flying types knocking off their heavy duty boots and then setting up rocks on them. max defense max hp can check weavile, melmetal, and Zeraora pretty well. Stealth rocks/ spikes (you can run either) help the other wall breakers on the team (barraskewda and seismitoad).
99721829-5D13-4A59-9D6E-139128BDA1AC.png

Barraskewda

swiftswim + choiceband make barraskewda an amazingwall breaker you can read switches and deal big damage with flip turn and provide momentum for yourself. It can come in and revenge kill almost anything and can clean late game.
44E8466A-78E0-4B38-AEFB-03D55AF3309D.png

Urshifu-r

Surging strikes ignores defense boosts from the likes of corviknight and skarmory. Surgingstrikes can break substitutes and sashes. Aquajet does a good job at picking up kills on chipped Pokémon like volcarona, blacephalon, and hawlucha (it can prevent hawlucha sweeps).U-turn keeps up momentum on defensive switchins and provides wallbreaking opportunities for its teammates
2E1C66EE-ED1A-4431-9105-EFDF664283B3.png

Seismitoad

any rain team is incomplete without an electric immunity and since this fat frog has swiftswim it was perfect for the role. One of my favorite things about seismitoad is that it can be run physical or special (mine is special).You can catch lando-t sleeping trying to get an intimidate off only to take big damage because of scald, you can also catch rillaboom switching in only to take a massive hit with lifeorb sludge-wave, Focusblast is for coverage and earth power is of course to counter electric types.

Thanks for checking out my RMT let me know what could be improved and have a nice day :quagchamppogsire:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
You are only allowed to post one new RMT every 2 weeks.

Solid team though, Pex annoys it by forcing switches and spreading poison, and its counters, Zapdos and Seismitoad, will probably also be holding off other threats by themselves like Seismitoad against most Electrics (those that aren’t threatened by Ferrothorn) or Zapdos against Rillaboom. So an opponent might wear them down with chip from Toxapex to allow their most threatening ally to sweep.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Yes, as XenonHero said we rather limit the number of teams posted by the same persons to one every 2 weeks so that the forum doesn't get flooded by RMTs of the same few persons which may overwhelm raters and prevent some people from getting a rate. Now, as the forum is in relatively low activity for the end of gen8, I won't lock this thread, but please wait a bit more for future RMTs.

Now about the team, it's a very classic rain and should work fine on ladder. Just two things: make the Zapdos 252 Speed EVs over 248 to Speed Tie with 100 base speed mons (and other offensive Zapdos) and you could try using Stealth Rock on Seismitoad and Spikes on Ferrothorn as Spikes support helps a lot Pokemon like Barraskewda and Urshifu who often click Flip Turn/U-Turn on their defensive answers. You can remove Sludge Wave as Tapu Fini already takes a lot on Earth Power and get overwhelmed really quickly by Barraskewda + Urshifu anyways.

As for Toxapex, it can be annoying when you are not used to play Rain, but you have a lot of tools to deal with it. If it's Toxic you're not forced to hard switch Zapdos or Seismitoad in front of it and can use Ferrothorn instead, which may give you a free Spike/Leech Seed. However, you will most of the time force Toxapex in with Barraskewda and Flip turning on it let you send Zapdos/Seismitoad freely (without fearing Koff or Toxic) to pressure the opposing team. Also, if you change Ferrothorn to Spikes and manage to set several layers, you can easily negates its Regenerator recovery with hazards.

Fatbumblebee

Banned deucer.
First time commenting on RMT so I'll have a go. Concerning ev's your pelipper is 8 atk instead of 8 spa which I don't think was intentional considering you have a bold nature. As ironwater suggested, having spikes on ferrothorn definitely helps vs toxapex and you could also run assurance on Barraskewda instead of crunch to help vs pex and helmet bro if zapdos were to ever die. Very nice team though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)