SS OU Hyper Offensive White Herb Zeraora

Hi y'all this is my first RMT post :) Hope y'all like it.

1659575783028.png

Zeraora @ White Herb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Blaze Kick

I started with an offensive core of Zeraora and Buzzwole. It doubles as a wallbreaker, with its use of Bulk Up, and as a sweeper thanks to its high speed. I swapped out Close Combat for Blaze Kick in order to handle some counters better and keep Zeraora's momentum going. Zeraora initially also had Heavy Duty Boots, but I later decided to give it White Herb as a way to get a Bulk Up off when predicting a Landorus-T switch in. Zeraora does as much damage as it can until a Pokemon comes in that Buzzwole is more equipped to take care of.

1659575794044.png

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Leech Life
- Earthquake

Buzzwole is a great compliment to Zeraora thanks to its wide coverage and recovery in Leech Life. It's an otherwise standard set other than the decision to forego Roost for wider coverage in Earthquake. Buzzwole can effectively handle most of Zeraora's counters Landorus-T, Heatran, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, and anything with Volt Absorb or Lightning Rod. Anything Zeraora can't knock out, Buzzwole can take down with ease, giving it an attack boost and more momentum to help take down the rest of the team. I invested in 192 speed to outspeed the Smogon Defensive Landorus-T set by exactly 1 point. On the off chance that Buzzwole is facing a Swords Dance set, Buzzwole is more than capable of tanking a Stone Edge before throwing an OHKO Ice Punch.

1659575828038.png

Torkoal @ Mental Herb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Yawn

Torkoal is my dedicated suicide lead. Torkoal is excellent at baiting a switch into Slowbro or Slowking, which it can use Explosion on to dodge Future Sight and allow a clean switch into Zeroara. Its low speed lets it control the weather when fighting opposing weather teams and it can force a switch on Stealth Rock Landorus-T by yawning turn 1, rapid spinning away the rocks, and setting up its own rocks. Torkoal is also holding a Mental Herb on the off chance its opponent goes for Taunt. It has max defense and 248 HP in order to give more wiggle room in setting up.

1659576951215.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Weavile is a great revenge killer and is very helpful for wrapping up the ends of games. It can handle most threats that Buzzwole and Zeraora can't switch into such as a more offensive Landorus-T. Even if Weavile doesn't have a great matchup, Weavile's Triple Axel is good for chip damage and Knock Off is vital for taking care of more bulky offensive teams. I was running Low Kick before but swapped it out for Poison Jab, since Low Kick harped too much on Buzzwole's role on the team and Poison Jab allows Weavile to better handle Tapu Lele. Poison Jab helps in knocking out Clefable but it's a 2 hit KO, so Rotom-W and Heatran are better equipped at crippling and knocking out Clefable.

1659577593444.png

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

Rotom-W is the 'Oh Shit' button for Pokemon that neither Zeraora, Buzzwole, or Weavile can handle. Its also a great pivot for taking back lost momentum. It has Thunder Wave and Trick to cripple opponents that the rest of the team struggles dealing with. It also provides a much needed fire resistance and ground immunity. It's also great for chipping away at threats with Hydro Pump.

1659581010313.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Steel Beam
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

This spot is the one I've struggled with most. I initially had an untraditional screens Corviknight in this slot but decided to go with Heatram since its a phenomenal wallbreaker thats great at taking care of Clefable and Tapu Lele. Heatran, along with Rotom-W, bring more special bulk that the rest of the team is lacking. Similar to Rotom-W, Heatran provides a solution to opposing fire type Pokemon. I opted for Steel Beam rather than Flash Cannon because Heatran isn't meant to last very long, its sole purpose is to take down fairy types and psychic types that Buzzwole, Zeraora, and Weavile can't take care of and then open the door for its teammates to come in after it faints. Heatran is also running Taunt to prevent the use of Soft-Boiled, Calm Mind, or any hazards that the oppponent is trying to get up late game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Hope you have a nice day an please let me know what y'all think :)

Edit: Forgot to put 'the' before 'Oh Shit' in the explanation about Rotom-W.

Honestly, I think that Shuckle could replace torkoal (unless you plan on using scarf eruption Tran, cause sun really helps that). Shuckle has both rocks and sticky web, a suicide option in final gambit, plus some bonuses like encore, knock off, or infestation. Lacking rapid spin could hurt weavile if opposing rocks get up, but as the post above says, SD+Boots is really good anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)