XY Ubers Humans Among Gods

Yo! This is my first RMT (afaik), and I hope it's semi-decent. I'm not sure this is very good, but I have gotten some tips from iampie who has been very helpful! Without further ado, I present you with Humans Among Gods.

Team Review:

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 48 SpA / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

I had seen this being used by one of my better friends, and I decided to try and build a team around RestTalk Xern, needless to say, here it is, and it's my favorite team. The role of Xern here is either to take damage in bulk or to use Aromatherapy to cure everyone's status ailments. The HP is obviously for bulking up attacks, while the Defense is there to take Psystrikes from Mega Mewtwo Y, also made specifically to get 3HKO'd by max attack Mega-Scizor. Otherwise, the Sp. A is just something I came up with on the spur and could easily be swapped for 72 SpD if need be. This can also counter lead Darkrai if played right, but then again, hax's a bitch.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Spacial Rend
- Rest
- Toxic

This is to keep my team from being utterly crushed by scarf Kyogre, and I'd say it does a fine job. The moves work well enough, and with Rest, really only serve to stall the opponent. Afterwards, I can make a safe switch to Xern and heal up the sleep effect. There's not much more to say, this is a semi-typical Balkia, I opted for Spacial Rend and Surf over Thunder Wave because I needed to kill CM Ogre too.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 188 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Light Screen

Yes, this is quite the complicated EV set-up, but it has good reason. I had debated going for Reflect, but realized that my team was weaker to special wall-breakers than to physical ones. This is again, another archetypical set, the only somewhat oddity is Play Rough, but that's to break through Sub-Xern. Otherwise, I really like Klefki in any situation, be it to T-Wave Kyogre, or to Toxic Lugia, Klefki always gets the job done. It can work as a lead sometimes too, but a lot of people expect this, so it's hard to effectively utilize it.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

The ultimate utility, his purpose is to heal up, stall, and clear the field of entry hazards. He's an awesome team player, and works well everyone on the team. His massive defensive potential has won me many games, and has gotten me a whole bunch of safe switch ins from Lando-T.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Return
Words cannot describe how much I love this girl. Probably one of the most odd things I've done in the past few months, I tried something new and went with the much-hated, and loved, Mega-Kangaskhan. The Jolly nature is important, because otherwise, Timid Palkia, non-scarf Jolly/Timid Genesect and most importantly, Adamant Kangas outspeed. Otherwise, Fake Out is a must, Fire Punch is for Ferro, Genesect, and Scizor, EQ is for Heatran, Dialga, Mawile, Arc-Steel and Luc. Finally, Return is to dish out major damage.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
Last, but not least, we have Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh is a god on my team, effectively bulking attacks up and hitting incredibly hard. The EVs are for doing damage, surviving hits, and outspeeding other Ho-Oh, all in all, this is probably the least unique set I have here.

Changes:

Removed Scizor and added:

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment

Changed Klefki's EVs to max SpD, also changed Kanga's Fire Punch to Crunch.

And that's my team Gods Among Humans, I really hoped you liked it!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Leftovers Scizor is bad and I realize you can't use Mega Scizor because of Khan so I would suggest getting a Defog Arceus (what is with RMTs lately not using Arceus?). You don't really need Scizor anyways because you have Khan for revenge killing, Klefki for checking Xern, and Arceus is a better Defogger anyways. You don't have a good way of handling EKiller so I would suggest Arceus-Ghost which is a non-trappable defogger that also helps cover a variety of threats. Obviously this doesn't fix all your issues but I believe it will help.

Please run max SpD on Klefki, you want to minimize the chip damage you are taking from switching into mons such as Yveltal and Xerneas so you aren't worn down over time. I would also suggest running either a Dark move such as Crunch or Sucker Punch or even Power Up Punch on Mega Khan over Fire Punch; you have Ho-Oh so I don't think this coverage is at all necessary. Your team in general is also too passive to really threaten stall; you may want to use a more offensive Ho-Oh, experiment with other stall breakers, or even go ahead and try Power Up Punch on Khan.

To quickly add onto what Minority Suspect said, making Ho-oh something like Choice Banded or Sub Life Orb could even help this team out more because it is very passive so changing Ho-oh in this way gives you a decent stall breaker. Another thing that would be helpful is an Arceus form like Arceus-Ghost. You at least need some type of ghost on this team to check Ekiller with lum berry or your team folds to it even if stealth rocks aren't up. With Arceus-Ghost you get to burn it which will help with passive damage and cutting the attack. This switch will also give you a faster defog since Arceus is naturally faster than Scizor and you don't have to be afraid of a Ho-oh coming in or another mon with a fire attack to stop you from defogging. And you definitely need a dark move on MegaKhan and my vote goes to Crunch for Giratina-O, so you can hit them even if they choose not to attack you. Sucker Punch works well against other threats but Giratina-O could possibly burn and the quick damage before that could help or else it completely walls you. That's all I have to confirm changes mentioned by Minority Suspect.

For things that I can see right off the bat with this team is that Double Dance Groudon eats this team. With its lum berry it can set up on both of your Steel types, or a sleeping Xern or Palk and either punch a huge hole through your team or straight sweep. I don't really know what you can change on this team to fix that without changing a lot of the team. This is the same case for Arceus-Ground and Double Dance Landorus-T (though that is rare). I can also see a lot of pressure being put on Klefki to status fast threats which doesn't bode well for the team as a hole. Without Klefki, your team can easily get picked apart by offensive teams, or just teams with stallbreakers. I think my biggest problem with this team would have to be its lack of entry hazards, namely Stealth Rocks. Giving Ho-oh free switch ins is not a fun time for anyone and without rocks this, too, can slowly break apart the team. I feel like you lose a lot of the stalling capabilities without hazards, as forcing switches has no immediate consequences for your opponent. I feel like a jerk for my critique on this team, but I think it can only get better from here.

Leftovers Scizor is bad and I realize you can't use Mega Scizor because of Khan so I would suggest getting a Defog Arceus (what is with RMTs lately not using Arceus?). You don't really need Scizor anyways because you have Khan for revenge killing, Klefki for checking Xern, and Arceus is a better Defogger anyways. You don't have a good way of handling EKiller so I would suggest Arceus-Ghost which is a non-trappable defogger that also helps cover a variety of threats. Obviously this doesn't fix all your issues but I believe it will help.

Please run max SpD on Klefki, you want to minimize the chip damage you are taking from switching into mons such as Yveltal and Xerneas so you aren't worn down over time. I would also suggest running either a Dark move such as Crunch or Sucker Punch or even Power Up Punch on Mega Khan over Fire Punch; you have Ho-Oh so I don't think this coverage is at all necessary. Your team in general is also too passive to really threaten stall; you may want to use a more offensive Ho-Oh, experiment with other stall breakers, or even go ahead and try Power Up Punch on Khan.
To quickly add onto what Minority Suspect said, making Ho-oh something like Choice Banded or Sub Life Orb could even help this team out more because it is very passive so changing Ho-oh in this way gives you a decent stall breaker. Another thing that would be helpful is an Arceus form like Arceus-Ghost. You at least need some type of ghost on this team to check Ekiller with lum berry or your team folds to it even if stealth rocks aren't up. With Arceus-Ghost you get to burn it which will help with passive damage and cutting the attack. This switch will also give you a faster defog since Arceus is naturally faster than Scizor and you don't have to be afraid of a Ho-oh coming in or another mon with a fire attack to stop you from defogging. And you definitely need a dark move on MegaKhan and my vote goes to Crunch for Giratina-O, so you can hit them even if they choose not to attack you. Sucker Punch works well against other threats but Giratina-O could possibly burn and the quick damage before that could help or else it completely walls you. That's all I have to confirm changes mentioned by Minority Suspect.

For things that I can see right off the bat with this team is that Double Dance Groudon eats this team. With its lum berry it can set up on both of your Steel types, or a sleeping Xern or Palk and either punch a huge hole through your team or straight sweep. I don't really know what you can change on this team to fix that without changing a lot of the team. This is the same case for Arceus-Ground and Double Dance Landorus-T (though that is rare). I can also see a lot of pressure being put on Klefki to status fast threats which doesn't bode well for the team as a hole. Without Klefki, your team can easily get picked apart by offensive teams, or just teams with stallbreakers. I think my biggest problem with this team would have to be its lack of entry hazards, namely Stealth Rocks. Giving Ho-oh free switch ins is not a fun time for anyone and without rocks this, too, can slowly break apart the team. I feel like you lose a lot of the stalling capabilities without hazards, as forcing switches has no immediate consequences for your opponent. I feel like a jerk for my critique on this team, but I think it can only get better from here.
in all honesty ur probably better off getting rid of kanga for defensive lando-t since this team has is demolished by cb ho-oh,and this stops a double dance groudon from sweeping your entire team,a nd gives you an ekiller check. another fix would be changing scizor to spdf mega-scizor. lando palk + klefki formes a very nice core that can take ubers biggest threats namely xern, kyogre, and ho-oh(even thought ur team is still kinda trashed by ho-oh even if u have lando). also as minority said run max spdf on klefki but switch out light screen and toxic for heal block and spikes. spikes may seem like a weird choice but residual damage i shelpful and its not like light screen would be much of a help anyways, heal block is for gothitelle that want to setup on you and can help with cm arceus forms that lack refresh. lastly whirlwind + toxic on an offensive ho-oh is p bad. id recommend what splash plate said running a sub lo roost or banded set with eq and sleep talk. yeah all in all this is a pretty good team n have fun.
Thanks! I'll add all these changes to the main post when I get the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)