VGC Honey Badger (Master Ball tier)

Hello everyone its ChrystalFalchion here bringing you another RMT. This one features a criminally underrated Pokemon in Obstagoon, that has done great work for me so far despite having less than 1% usage according to Pikalytics. So without further ado, here's my team at a glance:

A closer look...

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct

The star of my team, Obstagoon is a menace to Trick Room teams in particular, as none of the setters want to take an attack from it. Facade is the most powerful STAB, 2HKOing almost anything that doesn’t resist it or isn’t Dynamaxed. Knock Off is the alternative STAB that hits Ghosts hard - it also lets me remove items like Weakness Policy and pinch berries. Close Combat hits the Rock and Steel types that resist Facade hard. Obstruct guarantees the Flame Orb will activate, and can ruin anything that tries to use a contact move on Obstagoon. EVs maximise Speed and power.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Protect

Whimsicott aims to support both Obstagoon and Dragapult with Tailwind and using Taunt to shut down opposing support mons. Moonblast is chosen as the STAB to hit the Fighting types that threaten Obstagoon and the Dark and Dragon types that threaten Dragapult. Lastly, I went with Protect as Whimsicott is a magnet for Fake Out, and this lets me dodge them. EVs maximise bulk while letting me tie with other Whimsicott. Focus Sash lets it take at least one hit, enabling it to always set up Tailwind.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

My other main offensive Pokemon, Dragapult’s main job is to deal with opposing offensive mons. Draco Meteor is the strongest STAB, although it does force it out afterwards. Shadow Ball is a safe STAB to use when I don’t want stat drops (or if they have something weak to Ghost). Fire Blast hits Steels, roasting Ferrothorn and Excadrill. Thunderbolt hits Water and Flying types hard, OHKOing Gyarados and 2HKOing offensive Togekiss. Life Orb gives a nice power boost without locking me into one move.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Another disrupter, although this one can also serve as a revenge killer. Its main job is to cripple support mons by Tricking them a Choice Scarf. Volt Switch and Overheat get STAB; Will-O-Wisp shuts down most physically based Pokemon. I chose Rotom-H because I needed something that could hit Grass types super effectively, and it's just about the only thing on my team that can OHKO Ferrothorn. Not much else to say, its role is pretty self explanatory.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competetive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4Spa
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Mixed wall, tank and Intimidate deterrent all in one. Competitive is why I chose Milotic over Gastrodon, as with all the Intimidate spam and max moves that lower stats, it’s a fantastic ability right now. Scald is the STAB with a high burn rate. Icy Wind hits the Grass and Dragon types that resist Scald and lets Milotic support slower team mates. Recover keeps it healthy; Dragon Tail lets it phaze out boosters like Snorlax or Dragon Dance Dragapult. It also stops Trick Room from going up. EVs maximise physical bulk, letting it take neutral physical and special hits well. Leftovers lets it stay healthy.

Perrserker @ Assault Vest
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant nature
- Fake Out
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Yeah I know, it seems ridiculous but hear me out. I needed something with Fake Out, as the free damage and support it provides my team is invaluable. I also needed something that could check Fairy types. Perrserker does both of those things, and has been much better than I thought it would be. Iron Head is a reliable STAB, though viking cat is too slow to flinch much. Close Combat hits opposing Steel types. U-Turn lets it safely bring in a teammate. Tough Claws powers up all of Perrserker’s moves. Assault Vest patches up its low Special Defence.

So that’s my team. Special thanks to Ivy for the Flame Orb. Sorry I didn’t use Bowie, I already had my own level 100 Obstagoon. Also thanks to Ulquiorra for the Farfetch’d that gave Obstagoon Knock Off.

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Protect

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Perrserker @ Assault Vest
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)