Honchkrow

Not all ttars carry pursuit though

Plus, killing a tyranitar is so easy it's not even funny (except dd ones and possibly scarfed ones). Fighting is so incredibly common

I still think Honchkrow with Super Luck and a Scope Lens using Night Slash and Air Cutter is pretty funny, though since Hidden Power flying also gets the boost from Super Luck and Scope Lens and has 100% accuracy, it is stronger in the long run.

Does super luck double the crit rate before or after boosts?

If it's after, then a mix of scope lens and night slash would give honkrow 6/16 chance to crit if I am not mistaken.

Does super luck double the crit rate before or after boosts?

If it's after, then a mix of scope lens and night slash would give honkrow 6/16 chance to crit if I am not mistaken.
Even if Honchkrow has higher critical hits, it's better for something like life orb or choice band so oyu know that you're doing more damage in consecutive hits rather than just 1 lucky blow.

Even if Honchkrow has higher critical hits, it's better for something like life orb or choice band so oyu know that you're doing more damage in consecutive hits rather than just 1 lucky blow.
Critting 50% of the time averages to a 50% damage boost. Which is the same as CB but able to switch moves, and 20% more than Life orb but taking no recoil. You can also hit through defense ups as well. I'd say that's pretty darn good.

With a crit item nightslash and super luck his critical hit rate will be at 50%
Wrong, with an item he will be at 12.5%, with super luck he will be at 25%, and with night slash he will be at 33.3%. He would need focus energy or the pinch berry that does the same thing baton passed to him, to reach 50% crit rate (and only with night slash). Superluck does not double you chances to crit, it just raises em one stage.

Not that 33% is entirely terrible. I mean, most bulky waters choose boil over even thats only a 30% chance to burn. But still, for such frail guy, he'll hafta be damn lucky for it to work in his favor.

I am rather fond of this particular set, I used it in Gen 4 and it still works. With team preview you can decide if you wish to lead with it or not.

Honchkrow @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant or, depending on /-d in move, any that lowers either defense.
Ability: Insomnia if you want to play safe, Super Luck if you want to gamble.
EV's: 252 ATK, Speed EV's to outrun what you want it to outrun, rest in HP or SP ATK
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Drill Peck/Heat Wave
- Superpower/Heat Wave

The trick with this thing is prediction. Most SR leads get brought into very low HP range after one attack, they'll often try another attack to which Sucker Punch says no. Pursuit means they face a deadly guessing game. Against SR leads, you ALWAYS win.
The last 2 moves are up for debate. Drill Peck offers reliable strength and good coverage with Superpower, Heat Wave is there for physical tanks like Skarmory. It requires a boatload of prediction but play your cards right and it works wonders.
Team Preview helps Honchkrow actually. You can decide if your opponent's likely lead can be Krow fodder or not. If not, move him to the backrow and let him work his magic. Be sure to pack a spinner along with him though, he loves that Sash and he won't actually prevent Rocks from going down.

I remember in gen 4 scarf-crow was pretty sexy, being an amazing mixed sweeper. Not sure if it still has the same niche with it though as it did last gen, but with ferrothorn pretty popular it might, although you will need to add a lot more evs to sp. attack to 1HKO it.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Critting 50% of the time averages to a 50% damage boost. Which is the same as CB but able to switch moves, and 20% more than Life orb but taking no recoil. You can also hit through defense ups as well. I'd say that's pretty darn good.
Not quite a 50% damage boost since you're ignoring the base crit chance.

Moxie Sucker Punch spam can be pretty scary. I think it really make Krow dangerous this gen.
Not when there are a lot of Steels running around to switch in and make the attack fail. Sadly, Moxie is also illegal with Heat Wave and Superpower, the tools Honchkrow needs to deal with Steels.

Wrong, with an item he will be at 12.5%, with super luck he will be at 25%, and with night slash he will be at 33.3%. He would need focus energy or the pinch berry that does the same thing baton passed to him, to reach 50% crit rate (and only with night slash). Superluck does not double you chances to crit, it just raises em one stage.

Not that 33% is entirely terrible. I mean, most bulky waters choose boil over even thats only a 30% chance to burn. But still, for such frail guy, he'll hafta be damn lucky for it to work in his favor.
According to serebii, you can have a 50% crit rate without focus energy. using Night Slash, your crit level is at two, with a crit item such as a razor claw it becomes 3, and is doubled by super luck causing it to go up to level five (i know 3x2 is 6, not 5 but 5 is the highest it goes to and so its rounded down) and when the crit stage is at 5, there is a 50% chance of a crit. http://www.serebii.net/games/criticalhits.shtml

also, i ran an absol with that set for a while, it did seem to get crits about 50% of the time.

Does anyone have Calcs for Krow's Sucker Punch vs Reuniculus:
0 HP/0 Def Neutral
252 HP/0 Def Neutral
252 HP/252 Def Neutral

These would all be really helpful in my own evaluation of Honchkrow this Gen.

Adamant Honchkrow STAB Sucker Punch vs:
0 DEF Neutral Reuniclus: 383-421 DMG
252 DEF Neutral Reuniclus: 269-316 DMG
252 DEF +Nature Reuniclus: 246-289 DMG

With its HP between 361 and 424, yes, Honchkrow will deliver a big blow but there'll be plenty of mindgames.
If you want your Krow to counter Reuniclus, you might want to go Night Slash. You outpace him anyway.

Adamant Honchkrow STAB Sucker Punch vs:
0 DEF Neutral Reuniclus: 383-421 DMG
252 DEF Neutral Reuniclus: 269-316 DMG
252 DEF +Nature Reuniclus: 246-289 DMG

With its HP between 361 and 424, yes, Honchkrow will deliver a big blow but there'll be plenty of mindgames.
If you want your Krow to counter Reuniclus, you might want to go Night Slash. You outpace him anyway.
Night Slash's power is lower, and this is more than likely in Trick Room, in which case, yes I'm used to Sucker Punch mindgames, use Krow in gen 4.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've never seen Reuniclus not run max HP (and usually max+ Def), so Sucker Punch will never OHKO. Then it just recovers in your face.

Sucker Punch should be aimed at killing things which are neutral to Dark normally....the Dark weak Pokemon can usually sense a Sucker Punch coming from a mile away and would rather take their chances you're not running Pursuit.

Have people tried using Lum NP Honchkrow???? Its actually pretty easy to get an NP off against psychics because of people expecting Sucker Punch and either switching or using something like a status move. Honchkrow can actually beat Blissey and TTar using Superpower. Can also go mixed with Sucker Punch to take out annoying faster foes although you can't do anything to blissey then.

Well there is no Reuniclus that don't runs 252 HP EVs so its basically always 424.
name: Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic / Psycho Shock
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Life Orb
ability: Magic Guard
nature: Quiet
evs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
ivs: 0 Spe

Can someone Calc Sucker Punch VS this and a Shadow Ball back from it?

I'm almost certain Krow can live a resisted Shadow Ball, maybe take it's LO damage and as long as no SR or sandstorm 2HKO

That Reuniclus will do 68.9% - 81.2% to a 0/0 Krow.

Adamant LO Krow does 85.1% - 100.2% back to it. With CB thats 98.3% - 115.9%.

Make what you want of it.

Why not calc for Focus Blast?
Honchkrow has paper thin defenses and will never live a unresisted 120 BP move coming off 383 Sp. Atk. Hope that hax loves you and it mises.

That Reuniclus will do 68.9% - 81.2% to a 0/0 Krow.

Adamant LO Krow does 85.1% - 100.2% back to it. With CB thats 98.3% - 115.9%.

Make what you want of it.
That means banded Krow can come in on Psychic/Psycho and priority kill with Sucker Punch. That still kinda sucks, because you're locked in and can't sweep. But LO doesn't have enough punch to OHKO. Plus you need Stealth Rock gone.

In other words, Krow is a nice check, but can't hard counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)