Tournament HGPL III: Grand Finale [WON BY GANGSTER GARCHOMPS]

This was my first full teamtour and I really had a blast, shoutout to sundays and the rest of the apth staff for putting this together.

We had lots of contributions this tour so I gotta show everyone some love, in the order they joined the team:

DragonPhoenix333 - thanks for bringing me on as comanager and trusting me to draft these guys. It's been a great time meeting you and leading the garchomps together. You tested and built for more formats than I could keep up with and I'm sure you'll be moving up the smogon ranks soon. Keep at it, and excited to see you around next HGPL, whether managing the same team or as rivals.

Kinzo - our very own banned deucer. Kinzo took the HGPL spirit in stride, picking up new formats each week and putting in work in the builder. With a solid 5-3 record and some very tough matchups, I always felt good about slotting Kinzo as our reg. This played a huge role in our success this tour, and I couldn't be happier with his performance.

WhoDatMan - Holding down our RBY slot, WhoDatMan did the understated dirty work that got us to this post. From a few clutch tasks to a big win in semifinals, WhoDatMan was a solid presence all tour, and more than worth the reg slot. Hope to see him around more often.

hidin - from the second I won hidin in auction, he helped soften the managing process and make this teamtour a good experience. I'm quite proud of how the draft turned out, and hidin definitely played a huge part in nudging me to bid on top contributors like feen and yonmd who I hadn't known as well (being new to the smogon scene). Despite a haxy start to the tour, he kept a level head and brought good vibes in the team chat. He topped it off by pulling through in the later weeks and playoffs, closing it out with our last and biggest win. Glad to have had him as a Garchomp.

seth - while being at the receiving end some of the worst hax I've witnessed on showdown, Seth brought incredible energy each week. He was a huge part of what made this tour enjoyable for me, and I'm sure many others would say the same. Big shouts out to Harry. B, and hope you come around next season and get your redemption.

tyo - a close runner up for tournament mvp, tyo made himself worth every dime of the 15k I dropped for him. He held down our doubles clicking and support for nearly the whole tour. An impressive player and great dude; I hope he's got time for lots of vgc success in the future.

feen - can't say enough about feen's value to this team. From plugging teams to being a near lock in any slot, feen played out of his mind all tour. He turned around some awful matchups, and really showed how solid of a player he is every game. Hyped to be running it back in ND Same trios!

Yes or no my dude - yet another lock in the rands spot, yon showed consistent, solid play each week. My only regret is that you weren't able to try out some more formats in the spirit of the tour. Thanks for being a great presence in team chats, running some big practice games, and pulling through whenever we needed you.

Toast - while toast is no longer with us on smogon due to some untimely associations, toast had a respectable 5-2 record through HGPL so have to give some props for his solid performances holding down our 1v1 front. Probably steal of the draft.

giove97 - Giove was one of many players on the team who showed out in an incredible range of formats. This turned out to be an incredibly valuable pickup, with a solid 4-2 across many formats. Giove closed the tour out with a really solid lcmnm win (with huge support from Yoru97 and zastra). Hope to see her burst through into that upper tier of lc, as she showed what she was capable of this tour.

Alpha1013 - Alpha kept a great attitude all tour, being willing to play a variety of formats (while pushing for AG as much as possible). Ending up with a solid 4-2 record and a dominant finals win that brought a ton of momentum to the team, he was no doubt one of our most solid contributors. I can only say steal so many times ... hope y'all ignore the sheet next year so I can have him on my team again.

Lechen - despite coming on late, lechen showed enthusiasm in tasks, building and playing. The energy boost we got from his addition played a huge part in our playoff success. Hope to see you around APTH, and would be lucky to have you again next season.

Ina fable - ina is another great player that I wish we were able to get sooner. Her biggest contribution was during task week, and it was great seeing her ready to jump in to help the team right after being picked up. Being willing to play nearly any format took a great deal of pressure off during playoff time, and happy we got our late additions.

Last but not least, huge shoutout to our helpers from all stages of the tournaments. I already mentioned it once but Yoru97 has sent 1150 messages in counting in our teamcord...he joined for finals week. Clas, despite leaving us during finals, was also a huge help throughout the tour with the amount of jank format Sundays comes up with. Right alongside him were aerobee, Velcroc, RoFnA, and Da Pizza Man, pulling through at different stages to provide some much needed om/misc. support. Sam0015 (someone let me know if they have his smogon) also pulled through with a huge DPP Limit Break support build that practically secured the win on reveal. Fangame10 and Opelucid came through big time in finals, helping secure a couple of close doubles matches ending in a win. Finally, shoutout to Muralik29, Jadinobambino, Shortie, sealoo, Slowpoke Fan, Novax, and Vonols for the moral support during playoffs and keeping things light.

Time do some running ...

Last edited:
LET'S GO GARCHOMPSS
idk how they usually do it, so let's go for shoutouts!
Shoutout to all garchomps
feen robbed of x-0, goat - also you plugged so many teams for us, which was absolutely clutch for so many of our wins! tysm
tyo true doubles god, we asked for a doubles player and you delivered! that's exactly why we slotted you literally every single time except the one week there was no doubles formats. gz on regional win btw
Kinzo I find it pretty funny that in the group stage every time you won, we won 5-3. as bleahey said, i basically wasn't ever dissatisfied slotting you in as one of our reg slots. ty for playing!
seth omg its Mr. Owen Four!!! nah all good man, good support and encouragement - you brought great energy to the server, glad to have you consider signing up as a cheerleader next time
Yes or no my dude rands goat, 4-0, we got we wanted and more! u cooked rands lol, whenever we needed that rands win, u had us covered
hidin rough luck in the beginning, but you recovered and you pulled through, two wins in pos and u won us the most important match! still shoulda loaded up hoopa tho...
WhoDatMan can't say i talked to you much but u clinched a win in semis which was nice... you also had us covered in RBY, and ur a chomp so W
Alpha1013 great attitude, decent record, likewhore enthusiast (rip pratik), ty for playing, it was fun
giove97 ty for playingg, didn't talk to you much but u had a decent record, had some niche tiers covered
Ina fable i remember me and bleahey were potentially going to draft u but didn't, then u ended up in chomps through randomization... i call that fate. while you didn't win your match while you were with us, it was still pretty funny, also gj on tasks lol
Lechen damn, u helped a lot with building lol. u joined after pos started and still had over 700 messages! ty for support in building
and last chomp, def not least
bleahey tysm for comanning (or as the people in NDMPL are calling: being my assman) and getting a busted draft while i was snoozing on a plane lol. you were extremely helpful, helped team spirit and morale, but you should probably go help sealoo pay his child support now.... oh yeah also go run that 60 miles you promised us

also s/o to our supporters aerobee Velcroc RoFnA Clas Da Pizza Man Yoru97 zastra Fangame10 Opelucid and Sam (no smogon), no matter how early or how late you decided to come in and help us, y'all are great, tysm for helping us build teams and absolutely cook our opponents on preview.
ty to those who supported us morally Shortie Muralik29 sealoo Novax Vonols Jadinobambino , u help us make our final push to the finals and victory

i'm really happy i was able to manage this HGPL, so thank you sundays , this was a great experience, and i can't wait for HGPL IV, whenever it is.

Edit: forgot to mention, bleahey is a nerd, bro had 3,532 messages in the cord and nobody else had over 2k (i think)

Last edited:

Kinzo

formerly Kinzo Ketchum
:Garchomp:Gangster Garchomps (4) vs (6) Perpetual Porygons:porygon2:
LGPE VGC Teamlock BO3: bleahey vs Orangex: doubles main
NO Sleep Moves SS Mimic Glitch Doubles OU BO3: DragonPhoenix333 vs NinjaSnapple: doubles main if I'm not wrong+i can't be bolding someone with numbers 333 in their name
No Cancel Mod SV Random Doubles Battle BO13: Lechen vs ionnss: i like how the username is ions
No Team Preview SV Camove Chaos BO3: Kinzo vs Hiusi guy: kinzo doesn't know how to win
SV LC Mix n' Mega BO3: giove97 vs TheIronPikachu: giove has support from the greatest lc mnm builder oat
SS Random Battle BO5: Yes or no my dude vs bobomania: the road not taken
VGC 2022 Teamlock BO3: tyo vs USN: yo whys everything vgc
SV National Dex STABmons: hidin vs dreepy: I'd bold hidin but I opened the sheet and was like "nah he'd lose"
SM Anything Goes: Alpha1013 vs Uta The Clown: jesus christ why'd i bold against alpha??
SV RU: feen vs Tempo di anguria: ru main i think
You got something to say bud?

Lechen

scorched by flames
is a Tiering Contributor
This was my first full teamtour and I really had a blast, shoutout to sundays and the rest of the apth staff for putting this together.

We had lots of contributions this tour so I gotta show everyone some love, in the order they joined the team:

DragonPhoenix333 - thanks for bringing me on as comanager and trusting me to draft these guys. It's been a great time meeting you and leading the garchomps together. You tested and built for more formats than I could keep up with and I'm sure you'll be moving up the smogon ranks soon. Keep at it, and excited to see you around next HGPL, whether managing the same team or as rivals.

Kinzo - our very own banned deucer. Kinzo took the HGPL spirit in stride, picking up new formats each week and putting in work in the builder. With a solid 3-3 record and some very tough matchups, I always felt good about slotting Kinzo as our reg. This played a huge role in our success this tour, and I couldn't be happier with his performance.

WhoDatMan - Holding down our RBY slot, WhoDatMan did the understated dirty work that got us to this post. From a few clutch tasks to a big win in semifinals, WhoDatMan was a solid presence all tour, and more than worth the reg slot. Hope to see him around more often.

hidin - from the second I won hidin in auction, he helped soften the managing process and make this teamtour a good experience. I'm quite proud of how the draft turned out, and hidin definitely played a huge part in nudging me to bid on top contributors like feen and yonmd who I hadn't known as well (being new to the smogon scene). Despite a haxy start to the tour, he kept a level head and brought good vibes in the team chat. He topped it off by pulling through in the later weeks and playoffs, closing it out with our last and biggest win. Glad to have had him as a Garchomp.

seth - while being at the receiving end some of the worst hax I've witnessed on showdown, Seth brought incredible energy each week. He was a huge part of what made this tour enjoyable for me, and I'm sure many others would say the same. Big shouts out to Harry. B, and hope you come around next season and get your redemption.

tyo - a close runner up for tournament mvp, tyo made himself worth every dime of the 15k I dropped for him. He held down our doubles clicking and support for nearly the whole tour. An impressive player and great dude; I hope he's got time for lots of vgc success in the future.

feen - can't say enough about feen's value to this team. From plugging teams to being a near lock in any slot, feen played out of his mind all tour. He turned around some awful matchups, and really showed how solid of a player he is every game. Hyped to be running it back in ND Same trios!

Yes or no my dude - yet another lock in the rands spot, yon showed consistent, solid play each week. My only regret is that you weren't able to try out some more formats in the spirit of the tour. Thanks for being a great presence in team chats, running some big practice games, and pulling through whenever we needed you.

Toast - while toast is no longer with us on smogon due to some untimely associations, toast had a respectable 5-2 record through HGPL so have to give some props for his solid performances holding down our 1v1 front. Probably steal of the draft.

giove97 - Giove was one of many players on the team who showed out in an incredible range of formats. This turned out to be an incredibly valuable pickup, with a solid 4-2 across many formats. Giove closed the tour out with a really solid lcmnm win (with huge support from Yoru97 and zastra). Hope to see her burst through into that upper tier of lc, as she showed what she was capable of this tour.

Alpha1013 - Alpha kept a great attitude all tour, being willing to play a variety of formats (while pushing for AG as much as possible). Ending up with a solid 4-2 record and a dominant finals win that brought a ton of momentum to the team, he was no doubt one of our most solid contributors. I can only say steal so many times ... hope y'all ignore the sheet next year so I can have him on my team again.

Lechen - despite coming on late, lechen showed enthusiasm in tasks, building and playing. The energy boost we got from his addition played a huge part in our playoff success. Hope to see you around APTH, and would be lucky to have you again next season.

Ina fable - ina is another great player that I wish we were able to get sooner. Her biggest contribution was during task week, and it was great seeing her ready to jump in to help the team right after being picked up. Being willing to play nearly any format took a great deal of pressure off during playoff time, and happy we got our late additions.

Last but not least, huge shoutout to our helpers from all stages of the tournaments. I already mentioned it once but Yoru97 has sent 1150 messages in counting in our teamcord...he joined for finals week. Clas, despite leaving us during finals, was also a huge help throughout the tour with the amount of jank format Sundays comes up with. Right alongside him were aerobee, Velcroc, RoFnA, and Da Pizza Man, pulling through at different stages to provide some much needed om/misc. support. Sam0015 (someone let me know if they have his smogon) also pulled through with a huge DPP Limit Break support build that practically secured the win on reveal. Fangame10 and Opelucid came through big time in finals, helping secure a couple of close doubles matches ending in a win. Finally, shoutout to Muralik29, Jadinobambino, Shortie, sealoo, Slowpoke Fan, Novax, and Vonols for the moral support during playoffs and keeping things light.

Time do some running ...
Time to do some tags...
sundays DragonPhoenix333 Kinzo WhoDatMan hidin seth tyo feen Yes or no my dude giove97 Alpha1013 Ina fable Lechen Yoru97 Clas aerobee Velcroc RoFnA Da Pizza Man Fangame10 Opelucid Muralik29 Jadinobambino Shortie sealoo Slowpoke Fan Novax Vonols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)