HEY WHAT'S GOING ON OH MY GOD (introduction to a forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm guessing this is going to be the catch-all forum.

Anyways, if a single post is NSFW, will the thread be labeled NSFW? or do they just have to label that in the post?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
From my understanding, NSFW stuff is hidden in a spoilertag. Or whatever their name is.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I'm guessing this is going to be the catch-all forum.

Anyways, if a single post is NSFW, will the thread be labeled NSFW? or do they just have to label that in the post?
Try not to hotlink to NSFW stuff in non-NSFW threads. Post a link to it instead. Even if it's in hide tags, it still gets downloaded so it will go through the person browsing it's work network and we don't want that.

Any chance of the final grades/etc thread coming back? It's over 50 pages and it's one of the most active.

Try not to hotlink to NSFW stuff in non-NSFW threads. Post a link to it instead. Even if it's in hide tags, it still gets downloaded so it will go through the person browsing it's work network and we don't want that.
That seems like something that would be useful to add to the rules thread's mention of NSFW things.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Any chance of the final grades/etc thread coming back? It's over 50 pages and it's one of the most active.
I'll make a new thread or move the old one over. I'm thinking of making two more focused threads (one for high school and another for college/university) or do people think just one school thread is easier?

That seems like something that would be useful to add to the rules thread's mention of NSFW things.
Yeah, I'll talk to the other mods about it.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll make a new thread or move the old one over. I'm thinking of making two more focused threads (one for high school and another for college/university) or do people think just one school thread is easier?
With the subject of university applications within the thread itself, I think it would make more sense to combine the two, since in the high school thread, inevitably many will start talking about which school they want to go to/have been accepted to, and the university students could also have some input in that.

Will any of the good Stickied threads in Firebot / Congregation of the Masses be moved to the new forum? quite a few had a rich history and were moderately to very active (Read: GIF thread, Youtube videos thread, Grades thread, stuff like that.).

Now my convenient set-up of having all the forums I follow being available without scrolling taken away from me. D:

Time will tell if this was a change for the better or the worse. Thinking better.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One future effect of this new forum is probably how every now and then older members revisiting will become part of a neverending cycle of "hay guise where's firebot" threads.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually there will be the equivalent of firebans for this forum.

The idea is: bad posts get deleted. Egregiously bad posts get infracted. Consistently deleted posters get aforumbanned.

Anything against the specific rules of the forum (eg posting nsfw stuff in threads not marked for it) will get you infracted.

Also the stickies are already here. We just unstuck them. The idea is that they should be active enough to remain on the first couple of pages.

Have a nice day.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Will there still be funny mod edits of some bad posts/threads? I personally always found those enjoyable and am certainly not alone.

One future effect of this new forum is probably how every now and then older members revisiting will become part of a neverending cycle of "hay guise where's firebot" threads.
Or maybe older members would realize that periodically things change, having gone through several changes themselves.

Also IRC exists, so they would ask there instead of making dumb threads.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
We were going to, but didnt get around to it, so I think we'll probably just leave it.

Have a nice day.

alex

the best stuff on earth
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
read through the fucking thread before you ask a question or decide to grace us with your divinely inspired insight. if you're going to post that things are too cluttered now or some other dumb shit, shut up. ok.

Is this an attempt to cut out all serious discussion of off-topic events, or is this simply a power grab by the former firebot mods?

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the next step is to create a super-forum that encompasses circus and smeargle's studio as well, thereby monopolizing all non-pokemon discussion

it's our way or the high-way

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jumpluff, mingot decided to do this to irritate the aspy tending smogon userbase. It appears to be working, and he could not be more delighted. So, for everyone who is annoyed at the lowercase and posting about it, please know that everytime you do mingot, sitting in his dark basement, is laughing at you and feeding off of your angst. It makes him more powerful and emboldens him to continue to "serve".
The capitals in the title of this thread balance it out, its all good.

Well, if you're in high school applying (or thinking of ) for university, I assume there's going to be some overlap anyway.

the next step is to create a super-forum that encompasses circus and smeargle's studio as well, thereby monopolizing all non-pokemon discussion

it's our way or the high-way
Smogon government be infringing my civil liberties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)