Helping out in the Ukrainian refugee crisis

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So as you might know, the EU has opened its borders to Ukraine, to help those who are fleeing the Ukraine-Russia war. However, the UK has not acted in lockstep: instead we have a sponsorship scheme, whereby you can take refugees into your own home and provide them with shelter, food etc. It's a slightly cowardly and corporatist way about it as it places the responsibility of individuals.

Now I'm reasonably well off so I'm in a position to be able to take some people under my wing. I also have connections with friends who can either employ or help find employment for our Ukrainian friends. So I'm very proud to say that I've signed up for the sponsorship scheme. However I don't have a lot of space so I can't take on more than one person, as much as I would want to take in a whole family. So I've told the foreign office that I'm only open to adopting individual people. Moreover I only have one bedroom and only a double bed, which places pretty heavy restrictions on the physical dimensions of who will be able to stay as they will need to share a bed with me. And before you ask, no they can't sleep on the sofa because I have a grow light array in the living room, that runs at night so as not to annoy me during the day.

Anyway as I said because it's a double bed and I'm a pretty big guy, this realistically means that they would need to be at most 5'3" else we won't both fit, and probably no more than 100lbs because the bed frame is only rated for a 400lb load (after taking the mattress into account obviously). They would also need to be a woman because growing up I had quite an abusive father and I perceive any male presence in my domicile as a threat. Nothing sexual I just had some bad stuff to deal with in the past. They would also have to be ok with snuggling up for warmth because it's still quite cold in the UK, and I would probably need to turn the heating off to make up for the extra costs of keeping a person rent-free in my home (wouldn't be a problem usually but energy prices are really high right now).

To cut a long story short I'm pretty stoked to be able to provide some sort of humanitarian aid to a country in need, and hope this inspires other UK citizens to do the same! :toast:

EDIT: to everyone saying that there is a sexual aspect to this, I usually jack off before I go to bed so that I'm not horny beforehand (I would do this normally so that I don't get nocturnal emissions and stain the mattress further).

Last edited:
EDIT: to everyone saying that there is a sexual aspect to this, I usually jack off before I go to bed so that I'm not horny beforehand (I would do this normally).
If there are people stating such obvious facts, where are they? Are you delusional? Well, I have just the thing for you! Just follow me inside, and ignore the other customers. Especially that bird, seems that there's some problems there. Oops, watch out for that man, he's harassing customers today. Now, where did that gosh darned thing go... Ahh, there it is!
1651606380838.png

The perfect vehicle for you! It's all electric, and it's also cheap and affordable! This baby just requires a charge and a small mess wherever you want to travel, and it'll take you there! As long as you don't break it first, that is. But you'd never do that! You seem responsible enough, as you are bringing in a refugee from Ukraine! Now, as for the price, this'll run you $399, charger not included. If you buy the charger from me, you get a great deal! It ends up being only $499 with the charger, and you also get whatever comes inside of it! Since it's been transporting stuff in here, you can expect many great things! Bullet shells, various drugs, the occasional tooth and, quite possible, a couple liters of sweat and blood! Again, only $499 for the vehicle with the charger included!

might have been considerate to qualify that your generous offer involves living at a car dealership..
Ah, but you're limiting me! I have more than just cars! And you're also assuming that my car dealership houses people, which is absurd! I just happened to overhear the dilemma being presented and came up with, while not a solution, a sure-fire sale! Anyways. while I may be offended, you should go check out my store, I'm sure I have something for you there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)