Help with OU Team! “Monopivot”

So um, I’ve been lurking in the smogon community for a while now and I’ve never posted a single thing—This will be my first post in years :0
Anyway, I’ve been wanting to try out something new for my OU Team (I’ve been throwing so much that my elo dropped from 1400+ to 1100+ LMAO)
The theme I was going with is switching moves, things like U-Turn and Volt Switch, I wanna compile a team in which all of my mons knows either of those moves, the results are below. I would like to know if there are some things I could add or change to the team! I don’t mind switching the movesets or evs as long as they still have their switching moves and my favorite play style is Balance :)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

I picked Rotom-Wash first because it’s one of the mons I don’t see often on the ladder but preforms really well from its typing and coverage, I built into special bulk because I already have Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split to support in the physical side, besides that, I plan on using Slowbro, a defensive tank, so it balanced it out in my opinion

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind

I love regenerator combos, especially combining Slowbro and Tornadus-t, I built this Torn a little different from what I initially wanted—But basically this one is meant for Utility and a little bit of offense with Heat and Icy, which can hit Lando and Ferrothorn, the latter being the one I struggled with the team. Knock Off is useful as well since stall can wall this team quite a bit, considering that I only have Dragapult as my offensive pokem

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Choice Spec Dragapult is meant to be a speed-controller, it hit most things very hard with Shadow Ball and it can be deadly when combined with the pressure from Future Sight Slowbro. Draco was changed to Thunderbolt once however I find that having a powerful STAB is better since sometimes CSPECS Draco can put in a lot more work

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

Koko is another fast pokemon and my…answer…to Toxapex, it deals with it decently enough while Tornadus knocking off whatever Black Sludge or RockyHelmet it has. Koko is also my defogger and more often than not is the one that is sacrificed for the greater good. I hope to replace him with another mon to end

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Lando-T. No OU Team is complete without him, he’s my Hazard Setter and Electric Immune, also Intimidate helps with pivoting into Rotom-W since it doesn’t have any Defense investments, at least it could take the hit a lot better. Toxic is for putting a timer on opposing Slowbro

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Lastly, Slowbro, my main Defensive Tank that can combo with Tornadus and Dragapult with Future Sight Teleport. He’s also my answer to Weavile since the team’s extremely weak to Ice, Body Press Colbur Berry makes sure it’s out of the game before I could send in Dragapult and spam Shadow Ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi AncientDream, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit : Thanks for the descriptions, it's unlocked now!

Last edited:

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Your slowbro is oblivious.
This, good catch

Also your defensive pivots need to have actual defensive EVs, like Slowbro's. I would say on this team Lando-T should be max HP max Special Defense with a Careful nature, since otherwise you can't at all switch into opposing Koko. AV Tornadus-T is fairly flexible EV wise but your team needs it to check Kartana as well as special attackers so I would take those Special Attack EVs and put them into Speed and Defense (in particular: 88 Defense, 168 Speed, Timid. This helps give you a better switchin to Kart's Leaf Blade and Rilla's Grassy Glide which you lack at the moment, and lets you outspeed Kartana and base 110s such as Latios). One last thing: I disagree with Defog Tapu Koko, it loses to a lot of the tier's best Stealth Rock setters like Landorus-T and Heatran and struggles to force out defensive Pokemon in general. I would say give Koko Roost and maybe either slap Defog on Rotom or change Tornadus-T to Heavy-Duty Boots and put Defog on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)