Help needed here's what i have. (Revised)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first time using Smogon and I want the opinion of my VGC team. Sorry I don’t know what the EVs are.

Please rate!

Aurorus @ Icicle Plate

Ability: Refrigerate

Naive Nature

-Hyper Beam

-Freeze-Dry

-Return

-Ancient Power

Say hello to my biggest fricking ice type tank I’ve ever owned. My return does almost as much damage as explosion and can kill almost any dragon. Freeze-Dry covers my water weakness for the most part. Ancient Power is only used under the hope of getting the boost on my stats and for the stab bonus.

Lucario @ Black Belt

Ability: Steadfast

Hasty Nature

-Dragon Pulse

-Aura Sphere

-Close Combat

-Extreme Speed

Amazing Attack and SPAttack (210 and 218) and not a bad speed stat of 204. From what I’ve been told I already have a decent move set and, if needed, I can mega evolve to try and save myself in last case scenario.

Greninja @ Expert Belt

Ability: Torrent

Hasty Nature

-Water Shuriken

-Rock Slide

-Night Slash

-Hydro Pump

I know I don't have the special protein (however it's spelled) ability but it's been working for know. My speed is topping out, right now, at 273 (lvl 88). Hydro Pump is the only move I couldn't find a suitable replacement for.

Charizad @ Charizardite X

Ability: Blaze

Naive Nature

-Flare Blitz

-Heat Wave

-Dragon Claw

-Fly

This Pokémon has travelled with me since my journey began in gen 1 and I wouldn’t ever get rid of her. (Of course I had to remake it when gen 3 came out.) She can hit hard when mega evolved and gains the ability tough claws. When you add flare blitz or fly it can get pretty intense.

Gengar @ Gengarite

Ability: Levitate

Hardy Nature

-Thunderbolt

-Dark Pulse

-Dazzling Gleam

-Focus Blast

The only reason I run this is because it has amazing SPKAttack and Speed. Along with its move set and invulnerability to ground types in normal form.

Krookodile @ Earth Plate

Ability: Intimidate and Moxie.

Docile Nature

-Foul Play

-Outrage

-Earthquake

-Aerial Ace

This was my first ever shiny Pokémon and it didn’t turn out bad with attack stat of 180 (lvl 69).

I’ve had a lot of problems against fairy types or high defensive types.

I need help so please Rate.

Last edited:
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. If you seriously want a team that can be competitive against "fairy types or high defensive types" you will need to build a team specifically for competitive battling. In game teams that you have leveled up during regular gameplay just aren't powerful enough to compete against purpose built competitive teams. Instead of posting here I would recommend using some of Smogon other resources and articles on breeding and and basic team building. Good luck my friend, we all started where you are at one point. Battle simulators like Pokemon Showdown are also great resources for learning the game before you spend hours and hours breeding and training a team in game.

If you want to be even remotely competitive in-game then you'll either have to get into the whole breeding thing, or use pokegen+gts pokesender programs (once pokebank comes out...we're all waiting). Also you have three mega pokemon...you can only use 1 per battle.

On a side note, you do have several of my favorite pokemon on one team (oh aurorus, why can't you be competitive...), so I'll give you props for that :p

I'm pretty sure you're new, so you've made a good start. First improvements: Replace Return with Nature Power; it turns into Tri Attack and still gets the Refrigerate boost. Next, you have 3 Mega Evolutions, meaning you can only use one and the other two have essentially no item. Also, Intimidate+Foul Play doesn't work, so replace it with Crunch. Your Gengar has no STAB at all, so replace Dark Pulse with Shadow Ball. Your Charizard should have Rock Slide instead of Rock Tomb. Lastly, physical Greninja is about as good as Leftovers Shedinja, so I'd find a special set (Hydro Pump, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, U-Turn), keep the Hasty nature and find a person to give you Protean.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements. And you need EVs.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)