HELP ME WITH MY TEAM

Hey everyone. So this is my first "RMT" but is not just a RMT. I need everyone's help in finding the last poke for this otherwise great team. Let me give a quick rundown of the team and what I'm looking for in the poke to fill the position (also I'm open to EV/move suggestions for permanent members)-

Lead: Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy

Moveset
-Stealth Rock
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Grass Knot

EV Spread
252 HP 80 Def 84 Sp.Atk 92 Sp.Def

Bronzong has to be my favorite lead so far. The ability to set up screens for my sweepers and sponge hits on the switch (or switch in to eq's for free), then reset up screen even if it means taking another hit is a huge asset. Additionally, Stealth Rocks is alway a plus, and Grass Knot gives him a degree of unpredictability and covers a weakness of the team. The EVs in Sp. Atk are enough to where one Grass Knot does at least 50% to most Swamperts and around the same to Hippowdons (depending on how they're specially stacked). Swampert gives the team trouble, as Grass Knot on Bronzong is the only grass move on the team. My strategy for him is to Grass Knot first, SR on the switch. What I've found is that setting up screens and rocks before Gknoting either results in a swampert roar or just a plain switch to infernape or something that can put a serious dent in me. As for all other leads, I'll switch out of Azelfs and Aerodactyls, and everything else usually isn't a threat but just set up fodder for Bronzong.

2nd in Command: Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sandstream
Nature: Adamant

Moveset
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Superpower

EV Spread

56 HP 200 Atk 252 Spe

Once banded, Tyranitar has been set free to dance and wreak havoc on the metagame. The EV spread is so because, honestly, it "felt" right. However, this is probably the rightest feeling I've had when completely ignoring smogon in setting up a poke. The EV's allow it to survive hits from special attacks it resists with more than 80% health remaining on average, and special attacks it doesn't resist with more than 60% on average. The item choice is kind of neat in my opinion. Unless Toxic Spikes are on the ground which completely fuck me, Lum Berry allows to keep status-ers (like the damn Rotom forms) in another turn to inevitably will-o-wisp me, then subsequently get pounded. The idea is that Tyranitar more often than not switches into an Overheat (alot of my pokes are steel) or t-bolt from a rotom then proceeds to Dragon Dance on the next turn. Rotom either Will-o-Wisps or gets the hell out of there, giving Tyranitar a free dance regardless. After this is done, Tyranitar has become a true monster, OHKOing most things that don't resist Crunch or completely catching the wall off guard with superpower (assuming it doesn't resist it). With screens up (which is nice because after Bronzong has done this, the opponent usually is about to use a Tyranitar-resisted fire attack), I'll switch to Tyranitar and usually dance twice, assuming the opponent doesn't try to status me on the first turn. Surprisingly, there have been a lot of matches where he does dance twice. Tyranitar's most reliable counter often switches in after a dead poke or on the turn that I dance, but this is completely ok with me, as it gets fucked.

By the MVP: Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Timid

Moveset
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Substitute
-Thunder-wave

EV Spread
40 HP 252 Sp Atk 216 Spe

My friend disagrees with Magnezone because it's a "role-filler", as apparently its only purpose is to kill steels. While this is partly true, Magnezone has turned many otherwise losses into wins. The idea is simple, switch into Scizor after the common choice banded bullet punch to Tyranitar, take the hit, substitute, then hidden power. This leaves me in a great position against the next poke, as if it isn't a ground type, I can at least get a t-wave off before switching to a reliable counter to set up (which, ironically, is often Tyranitar because it resists the common fire attacks of the pokemon sent in for Magnezone). Magnezone also deals with Skarmory who tends to give my team trouble. In its case, I don't substitute as it is sure to use whirlwind to get Magnezone the hell out of there. Magnezone is MVP because it catches so many switches off guard with the t-wave, and if I'm positive that two unresisted t-bolts will kill it, sub until it's too paralyzed to move and then t-bolt. Often, with sandstorm up, subing and taking attacks will bring the poke into striking range, where just one t-bolt will kill it, and I'm left with a sub to repeat the strategy on the next poke. This is how Magnezone often kills two or more pokes a match.

Next in Line: Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician

Moveset
-Agility
-Brick Break
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit

EV Spread
168 HP 252 Atk 88 Spe

Like Tyranitar, I used to have Scizor banded. However, taking the band off has shown mixed results rather than the purely good news with Tyranitar. The moveset seems a little awkward, I tried Swords Dance over Agility at one point but I felt that I needed something to give Scizor the speed boost it so desperately needs to take care of the ever-so-common Heatran switch in (which has worked to varying degrees). Pursuit still comes first, however, against Latias and whatever else it hits for super-effective damage. Bullet punch revenge kills whatever I need it for, and Brick Break for walls like Blissey that give me trouble. Overall, Scizor does the job adequately, but if anyone has a recommendation for ditching him, I'd listen.

The Mindful Tank: Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid

Moveset

-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power [Electric]

EV Spread

172 HP 120 Sp.Atk 216 Spe

Suicune is the glue for the team. When Tyranitar's out of the game, Suicune is happy to take the fire attacks that tear through the rest of the team. Its bulk allows it to shrug off the majority or physical attacks and hit back with a strong special attack that more than often hits the opponent for super-effective damage. It's my answer to Gliscor, Infernape, and water types that surprisingly don't surprise the hidden power electric. It's generally enough to take out Celebi and other grass types that expect to OHKO me with Grass Knot and the like (however after a cm, even a dent is an accomplishment).

The Awkward Sixth: Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

Moveset

-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake

EV Spread

52 HP 252 Atk 200 Spe

Salamence is pretty much an add-on to the aforementioned five. Whereas Tyranitar is my early game sweeper (thanks to drawing out Scizor which Magnezone deals with handily), Salamence sweeps late, or as needed in the case of the Infernape or Heatran, which it resists excellently. The idea is simple. Get mence out there, ddance on the switch, attempt a sweep.

Mystery Poke
I'm looking for something with a heavy fire arsenal, preferably something that gains a STAB from them. I've considered Rotom-H (I hate the Rotoms though) and I've used Salamence and Lucario. The team works well regardless of it's dysfunctional sixth member, netting far more wins than losses. However, with the right addition, I'm sure there's nothing that will stop it from crushing the entire metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)